Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Over 2,000 species are found in this one-of-a-kind garden.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Come Play Towards The Ocean at Princeville Makai
- Fly 800-1,200 feet above Maui with UFO Parasail - $89+
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- See the island of Lanai! 4x4 Trekker Tour from $186
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at IL Lupino