Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
BOOK Oahu’s only circle island tour that includes snorkeling with turtles!
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Take an air tour of the tallest sea cliffs in the world! Book the Splendorous Sea Cliffs of Molokai tour with Mokulele Airlines for $169 per person.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Join the KonaRed® e-newsletter to get the latest specials and updates about the Hawaiian Coffeeberry® superfruit!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Indulge in the award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch on Maui
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- See what's new in Waikiki - Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach!
- Hale Huaka‘i - your ocean adventure starts here!
- Award-winning Chinese cuisine a in Chinatown ambiance.
- Royal Lahaina Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car, parking. $319/nt
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- Big Island Waterfall & Dolphin Tour – three hours from $145!
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25