Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Save $27 per person on your swimming with dolphins tour! Use the code "MAHALO" when you book online between 11/7/19 and 11/28/19.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $144/nt
- Enjoy Hawaiian Music, Dance & Food @Maui’s Huaka‘i Luau
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii: SAVE 10% when booking 10 days in advance
- Grand Naniloa Resort: the home of hula, art and culture!
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!
- Need a Healthy Escape? Princeville Makai is your Cure!
- $919 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Haleakala Sunset & Stargazing Tour - $180/person - BOOK NOW!
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen