Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Teaching surf lessons to people of all ages and experience levels.
Experience non-instrument Polynesian navigating aboard a Hawaiian sailing canoe.
Military Appreciation – BOGO 50% any adventure package (M-F)
Keep a watchful eye out for Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, Hawaiian Humpback Whales (seasonal Dec-April), and other marine life
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 20% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- Best Price Guarantee, Low Price Assurance, No Booking Fees & Weekly Cruise Deals. Book Now!
- 7 Night Hawaii Cruises on Norwegian Cruise Line, from $999! EXCLUSIVE - Up to $1,000 to Spend Onboard, FREE Gratuities, & 10% Off Shore Excursions!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Planning your wedding? Get married on a beach in Hawaii!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Charter a private Hawaiian sailing canoe - $575 (up to 6)!
- Intimate, stylish Waikiki condo from $189/night
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- 15% off our Best Available Rates - Coconut Waikiki Hotel!
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and save BIG!
- Fly through time and space at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center!
- Oceanfront horseback rides on Oahu's North Shore from $79!
- Jack’s Diving Locker (Kona) - Specialty Dives for ONLY $175!