Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Book Online! Use Promo Code 101HAWAII for 15% off any Surf or SUP Lesson.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Only with Island Helicopters can visitors land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park.
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Affordable island hopping awaits with Mokulele Airlines!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Buy our Ali‘i Lu‘au Package and save over $50! Book today!
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- Family-friendly Cacao Farm Tour & Tasting – Kids < 6 Free!
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako