Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Special Offer: Oahu private charter tours starting from $599! Choose from swimming with dolphins, sunset cruises, ocean activities & more
Over 2,000 species are found in this one-of-a-kind garden.
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- From $1,349 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- From $929 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $1,369 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates