Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Journey through former sacred Hawaiian royal land. Ride your ATV to the top of historic Waipio Valley
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Get $10 off or a free child ticket on a submarine adventure!
Use code SPORTFISH50 for $50 OFF a private fishing charter.
- GET 15% OFF Hungry Hawaiian's local dried fruits, cookies, gourmet cornbread mix, candies, Li Hing Mui products & dried seafood w/ code HUNHWN
- Island Feet specializes in orthotic footwear and is committed to fixing your foot problems. FREE foot analysis at their Maui location - SHOP NOW!
- Traditional Japanese gifts and items are available from Iida's Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Free expert packing. Shop today!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 30% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Frm $179/nt: Find comfort at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $259/nt
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Tour on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- From $149/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Authentic Japanese products from Iida's Hawaii! SHOP NOW!