Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Private, luxury Oahu tours - $280.00 for 2 people!
Experience the real Hawaii in small group tours, from $59
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $1,199
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,399
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Book a snorkel cruise in Waikiki aboard a custom catamaran!
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- 12-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,499 on Celebrity X Cruises
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Enjoy “huki pau” specials at Harbor Restaurant at Pier 38!
- Book rooms at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25