Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Get $10 OFF flyboard activities on Maui when you book the EARLY BIRD ONLINE SPECIAL!
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- Hawaii timeshare owner? Get priority on all Hawaii exchange requests, 2 year banking credit, credit extensions and more when you trade with TPM.
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Nutrient Dense Hawaiian Cascara Juice Made with Nature's Best Kept Secret from KonaRed - SHOP NOW
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- Hawaii timeshare owners enjoy the most benefits! See how!
- Experience tradition from farm to cup. Buy 100% Kona Coffee.
- NEW! The Best Coffee on Earth Is Now in Single Serve Cups!
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Over Pizza! Med. pizza + soup/salad
- Discover naturally beautiful Big Island from only $139/night
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code