Air Tours on Molokai
While there are lots of things to do on Molokai when touring the island by car, the best way to experience its natural beauty is to hop in an airplane or helicopter and see the island from the air.
Imagine the tallest sea cliffs in the world sitting right underneath your feet, or soaring over turquoise lagoons that seem beautifully trapped inside of Hawaii’s longest fringing reef. You’ll see ridges and peaks where’s man’s footprint has likely never touched and valleys so rugged, deep and remote they’re only accessible by ancient trails that are nearly forgotten today.
From this aerial perch you can see Kalaupapa — the former leprosy colony — and quickly gain an understanding of how this peninsula at the base of the cliffs is essentially an island attached to land, cutoff from the rest of the world.
With your expert pilot serving as guide you’ll learn the history of Polynesian voyagers who originally settled the island and get the chance to see thundering falls that plunge over 1,500 feet on their epic journey toward the sea.
Though you might expect these Molokai air tours would depart from the island itself, all Molokai helicopter tours depart from neighboring Maui. Combined with flights through West Maui’s valleys, these tours typically last an hour and feature the chance to see Humpback whales when crossing between islands in winter. Read more
For that you’ll need to visit from Maui, and be sure to go in the early morning before the afternoon breezes pick up and the mountains become shrouded in clouds. Even then, there’s a misty, mythical and mysterious magic to these hidden tropical valleys, which you’ll only get the chance to see by choosing to take to the skies.
Air Tours Directory
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- See More Hawaii with Hawaii’s favorite little airline Mokulele Airlines, BOOK NOW!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $155/nt
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Hawaii's best wild life & wild animal park! Admission $39.99
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $115pp
- From farm to bottle: $25 Tasting Tour of Ko Hana Agricole Rum Distillery
- Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $78 pp
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night