The Island of Big Island
The island of Hawaii, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest in the state. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy tropical rainforest to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s western Kona and Kohala coasts, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. A visit to Volcanoes National Park to see active volcano Kilauea, or heading to the famous green sand shores of Papakolea beach also promise a perfect visit.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT CRUISE Category: Submarines/GlassBottom Location: Hawaii-Hawaii (The Big…
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
In Waikoloa, History and Culture Meet Tropical Paradise
Nestled among the dramatic black lava fields of South Kohala,…
Discover the Big Island
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- From $225/night: Stay in residential-style accommodations and experience breathtaking panoramic views at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger.
- Learn to stand up paddle or board a whale watch cruise at nearby Anaehoomalu Beach. Book rooms from 58% off at Fairway Villas Waikoloa by Outrigger.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $840 pp
- Save more when you book your flight and hotel together. Find your vacation package and save now!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Save $40 Daily, when you Pre-purchase at Royal Kona Resort
- Wolfgang personal favorite Porterhouse Steak $109.95 for two
- Maunakea Stargazing LIVE in ‘Imiloa’s Planetarium!
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $149/night!
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Kauai OCEANFRONT rooms: 5th nt. for $109 at Hotel Coral Reef
- Feel the heat on our Kilauea Lava Hike starting from $179!