The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical Experiences for Foodies
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Boho Meets Old School Hawaii in Charming Hawi
Tucked away among the slopes of Kohala mountain is the…
Discover the Big Island
- Book now to get 1 free GoPro Rental for you party!
- Find Japanese specialty items, including figurines and dolls, from Iida's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Shop today!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,539
- Choose from a wide selection of vacation homes in Kona. Find great offers on ocean view and beachfront properties. Rates start at $89/night.
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- $30 Waikiki Tradewind Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran - BOOK NOW!
- Discover Maui's historic Lahaina town from only $129/night!
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Hyatt Place Waikiki-Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi. No Resort Free.
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- Sunshine on Sale: 4th NT free & daily breakfast buffet for 2