The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT CRUISE Category: Submarines/GlassBottom Location: Hawaii-Hawaii (The Big…
Keauhou Stand up Paddle Lesson
KEAHOU STAND UP PADDLE LESSON Category: Stand Up Paddling-SUP Location:…
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
5 Restaurants to Check Out on the Big Island in Summer of 2019
Our picks for new restaurants you should try on the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical Experiences for Foodies
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
Same-Same, But Different: Exploring the Big Island’s New Landscape
Here are a few activities to add to your next…
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Discover the Big Island
Choose a Videographer for Your Hawaii Wedding
There’s nothing more beautiful and romantic than a Hawaiian wedding,…
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $849 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Change the Way you See Hawaii with Shaka Guide’s GPS audio driving tours! It’s like having a tour guide in your car.
- Kona Luxury Sail - Hawaii Nautical takes you on an unparalleled yacht to experience Kona's most bejeweled underwater treasures. $389 per person.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $899
- 50% OFF Made in Hawaii Hand Sanitizer with code HI50
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $639 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- $909 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- From $1,029 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels