The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
5 Restaurants to Check Out on the Big Island in Summer of 2019
Our picks for new restaurants you should try on the…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
Same-Same, But Different: Exploring the Big Island’s New Landscape
Here are a few activities to add to your next…
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Discover the Big Island
Choose a Videographer for Your Hawaii Wedding
There’s nothing more beautiful and romantic than a Hawaiian wedding,…
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,119
- Choose from a wide selection of vacation homes in Kona. Find great offers on ocean view and beachfront properties. Rates start at $89/night.
- Air & room packages starting from $1,129. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- $959 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee