The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
5 Restaurants to Check Out on the Big Island in Summer of 2019
Our picks for new restaurants you should try on the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical Experiences for Foodies
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
Same-Same, But Different: Exploring the Big Island’s New Landscape
Here are a few activities to add to your next…
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Discover the Big Island
Choose a Videographer for Your Hawaii Wedding
There’s nothing more beautiful and romantic than a Hawaiian wedding,…
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Kona Luxury Sail - Hawaii Nautical takes you on an unparalleled yacht to experience Kona's most bejeweled underwater treasures. $389 per person.
- Air & room packages starting from $1,059. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $959 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $939
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- $959 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- National Car Rental: Save with National