The Island of Big Island
The island of Hawaii, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest in the state. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy tropical rainforest to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s western Kona and Kohala coasts, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. A visit to Volcanoes National Park to see active volcano Kilauea, or heading to the famous green sand shores of Papakolea beach also promise a perfect visit.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Skyline Eco-Adventures – Akaka Falls, Big Island
AKAKA FALLS, BIG ISLAND Skyline Akaka Falls was voted the…
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
Sleepy Volcano Village is a Stone’s Throw From Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
It’s no surprise Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park is the most…
Discover the Big Island
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has 30+ years of experience. See Hawaii from the sky starting from $148.50.
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Join the KonaRed® e-newsletter to get the latest specials and updates about the Hawaiian Coffeeberry® superfruit!
- Visit 4-Islands: Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air, Hotels & Car Rental from $1,409
- Intimate, stylish Waikiki condo from $189/night
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Luxury airport shuttle transfer packages-BOOK NOW!
- 10% OFF KonaRed® Hawaiian Coffeeberry® products: code OHANA
- From $959 - 6-Nt. Oahu & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- Plan your destination wedding at a boutique beachfront resort!
- Save $10: Book your Na Pali catamaran adventure online!
- Save $45! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- Unmatched Luxury at The St. Regis Princeville Resort, Kauai
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $149/nt