The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical Experiences for Foodies
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Boho Meets Old School Hawaii in Charming Hawi
Tucked away among the slopes of Kohala mountain is the…
Discover the Big Island
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,069
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- SAVE 10% on Kohala Canopy Zipline tours Friday-Saturday and experience Hawaii Island’s only tree-to-tree adventure! Promo Code WEEKENDER
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book directly with Kona Coast Vacations - BOOK NOW!
- From $819 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Private sailing charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- Authentic Japanese products from Iida's Hawaii! SHOP NOW!
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Start Your Vacation with Aloha! Book an Airport Lei Greeting
- Book direct for the lowest rates at THE MODERN HONOLULU
- Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger; a hidden oasis. From $186
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Explore exclusive, private waterfalls from $153!