The Island of Big Island
The island of Hawaii, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest in the state. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy tropical rainforest to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s western Kona and Kohala coasts, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. A visit to Volcanoes National Park to see active volcano Kilauea, or heading to the famous green sand shores of Papakolea beach also promise a perfect visit.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Glass Bottom Boat Cruise
GLASS BOTTOM BOAT CRUISE Category: Submarines/GlassBottom Location: Hawaii-Hawaii (The Big…
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
In Waikoloa, History and Culture Meet Tropical Paradise
Nestled among the dramatic black lava fields of South Kohala,…
Discover the Big Island
- Enjoy The Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $210
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- $649+ Hawaii’s Big Island Vacations: 3 nights with air. 5-Day FREE car rental PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE
- Special online rates for Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau show from $78 per person
- Big Island 9-Line Zipline Tour & SAVE 10% with 7 day advance booking!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Escape to Oahu's secret island beach & enjoy kayaking & more
- Take in glorious sunsets at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort!
- CLIMB Works Keana Farms Zipline - 3 hour guided tour: $169
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- 15% off Hawaiian wear for your whole family at Watumull's
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
- From $968 - Big Island & Maui 6-Nt. Vacation w/Air & Hotels