The Island of Hawaii
The Hawaii Island, also known as “The Big Island,” is the largest of the island chain. As self-explanatory as it is stunning, the Big Island boasts some of Hawaii’s most varying landscape. Unique in its encompassing 12 separate climate zones, visitors here will marvel at the dramatically different temperatures and scenic beauty that span across each distinct area, ranging from the warmth found amid balmy coastal jungles in Puna to the snowcapped peaks dotting the slopes of Mauna Kea. Beach goers get their fill of sunshine and sand at any of the five star resorts located along the Big Island’s Kona coast and within the resort area of Waikoloa, while those seeking a more quiet, casual experience will adore Hilo, a sleepy little bayside town speckled with small mom-and-pop shops. The must-do on Hawaii Island is a visit to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Things to Do on the Big Island
Accommodations on the Big Island
Dining on the Big Island
5 Restaurants to Check Out on the Big Island in Summer of 2019
Our picks for new restaurants you should try on the…
Shopping on the Big Island
Big Island Photo Galleries
Places on the Big Island
Same-Same, But Different: Exploring the Big Island’s New Landscape
Here are a few activities to add to your next…
History and Beauty Define the Sleepy Town of Kapaau
The Island of Hawaiʻi is a utopia of splendor. With…
Discover the Big Island
Choose a Videographer for Your Hawaii Wedding
There’s nothing more beautiful and romantic than a Hawaiian wedding,…
- Private powerboat charters available in Kona, 2 locations. Take a private pleasure cruise, a whale-watch outing or a snorkel trip. $750/hr, 2hr min.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Embrace Hawaiian culture. Get lost in the melody. Authentic hula experiences every Monday evening.
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Find unique & local-made items at our Ku’ono Waiwai store
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Only Island Helicopters can land you at Jurassic Falls.
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $499/nt