The Island of Molokai
Nicknamed “The Friendly Isle” for its welcoming residents and open-armed invitation to visitors, Molokai is a rural land, nestled quietly among crystal waters and endless skies of blue. A far cry from the tourist-riddled world of Oahu’s Waikiki, visitors here will find no traffic lights, zero shopping malls with endless sales and parking lots filled with cars, and no skyscrapers touching the clouds. What they will discover much to their delight, is simple beauty marked by the magic of quiet moments spent amid nature, friendly local residents and stunning scenery. From lush rolling hills to tropical rainforests and white sand beaches without another soul in sight, visitors truly seeking peace and quiet will embrace the simple pleasures offered by this tucked-away island paradise. Points of interest here include the historic Kalaupapa Peninsula, a remote leper colony once home to Father Damien, Hawaii’s only venerated Roman Catholic saint.
Things to Do on Molokai
A Tale Like No Other: the Story of Kalaupapa
Molokaʻi is the only island in Hawaiʻi that’s comprised of…
Halawa Valley: A Culturally Rich Valley on Molokai’s East End
There are hundreds of valleys in the Hawaiian Islands—arguably even…
Accommodations on Molokai
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- COFFEE AND TEA Free Standard shipping on orders $75+ to any USA address, Alaska excluded. Enter zip code and coupon [SHIP75] to receive free shipping.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $840 Per Person
- 15% Off for first purchase; buy 3 boxes & get the 4th FREE!
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino
- Feel the heat on our Kilauea Lava Hike starting from $179!
- Big Island kayak rentals (2-seater) $29/hour - BOOK NOW!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Limited Time Offer: March to Maui for military only