The Island of Molokai
Nicknamed “The Friendly Isle” for its welcoming residents and open-armed invitation to visitors, Molokai is a rural land, nestled quietly among crystal waters and endless skies of blue. A far cry from the tourist-riddled world of Oahu’s Waikiki, visitors here will find no traffic lights, zero shopping malls with endless sales and parking lots filled with cars, and no skyscrapers touching the clouds. What they will discover much to their delight, is simple beauty marked by the magic of quiet moments spent amid nature, friendly local residents and stunning scenery. From lush rolling hills to tropical rainforests and white sand beaches without another soul in sight, visitors truly seeking peace and quiet will embrace the simple pleasures offered by this tucked-away island paradise. Points of interest here include the historic Kalaupapa Peninsula, a remote leper colony once home to Father Damien, Hawaii’s only venerated Roman Catholic saint.
Things to Do on Molokai
A Tale Like No Other: the Story of Kalaupapa
Molokaʻi is the only island in Hawaiʻi that’s comprised of…
Halawa Valley: a Culturally Rich Valley on Molokai’s East End
There are hundreds of valleys in the Hawaiian Islands—arguably even…
Accommodations on Molokai
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- 20% off your first purchase of MySparklingParadise beach and ocean souvenirs! Exclusive offer: Use discount code “Hawaii.com20%Off” at checkout.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Up to 70% off Retail Snorkel, Diving, Swimming Gear and More!
- Custom North Shore, Oahu day tour - paddle a canoe and more!
- 10% saving with Advance Booking at Polynesian Cultural Center
- Vacation in Waikiki from only $219/night.
- Experience the story of the Horse in Hawaii: show price $49+
- Tour beautiful Hakipuu Valley & journey ancient Hawaii
- Swim with Dolphins in Hawaii’s ocean. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Ride Kauai’s longest zipline for $139
- Home of Waikiki's 5 best rides!
- 10% Off: Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants