- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Maui
No matter how many times you’ve visited Maui, you really haven’t experienced the island until you’ve seen it by air.
The majority of Maui is exceptionally remote — humans might not have even set foot on some of the most isolated ridgelines. It’s an island where roads mostly circle the coast. Even if you’ve been to Haleakalā Crater and driven each upcountry road, there are still enormous swaths of land you’ll never see from the ground.
Consider the fact that the Road to Hāna is lined with waterfalls. Each of those waterfalls is tucked in a valley about 50-100 yards wide, which is all you see while passing by on four wheels. Those valleys actually climb and twist up numerous slopes, housing dozens of thundering falls miles away from the road.
Aside from the West Maui/Moloka‘i route, the other popular air tour on Maui is a loop over Haleakalā and Hāna. Watch as the fields of Central Maui give way to pastures and ranchland, and see the jet-black lava rock from Maui’s last eruption. You’ll also cruise by Haleakalā Crater to glimpse its multihued cinder cones before exploring the East Maui rainforest with its hidden valleys and falls.
Aside from determining what part of the island you want to see, another thing to consider is what sort of extras these air tours include. Some companies, like Air Maui, offer private landings at cliff top viewpoints and pastures along the ocean. Other companies, like Pacific Helicopter Tours, offer visitors the chance to take off the doors and get even closer to the action.
For an air tour on Maui unlike anything else that’s offered, take a powered hang gliding lesson from the small airstrip in Hāna. Along with a professional pilot and instructor, you’ll not only learn the basics of how to steer a powered hang glider, but you’ll also see the Hāna coastline and experience its valleys in a uniquely thrilling way.
Air Tours Directory
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show from $115 per person
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,429
- Delight in our tasty filet with shrimp & a glass of cabernet for $50 thru 10/27/19, only at Ruths' Chris Lahaina, Wailea, Mauna Lani and Kauai Restaurants.
- Kamaʻāina, AAA, Military and Senior discounts available for your Maui vacation! Check it out and book today
- Get Best Prices For Our Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau
- The largest studios & villas on Kauai starting at $389/night
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino
- From $1,589 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Kaku Sushi: Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet!
- Island Helicopters: 2 Fantastic Tours, 1 Terrific Company!
- Come and join us at the 29th Hula O Na Keiki at KBH Maui
- The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 35% when you stay 3 or more nights