- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Maui
No matter how many times you’ve visited Maui, you really haven’t experienced the island until you’ve seen it by air.
The majority of Maui is exceptionally remote — humans might not have even set foot on some of the most isolated ridgelines. It’s an island where roads mostly circle the coast. Even if you’ve been to Haleakalā Crater and driven each upcountry road, there are still enormous swaths of land you’ll never see from the ground.
Consider the fact that the Road to Hāna is lined with waterfalls. Each of those waterfalls is tucked in a valley about 50-100 yards wide, which is all you see while passing by on four wheels. Those valleys actually climb and twist up numerous slopes, housing dozens of thundering falls miles away from the road.
Aside from the West Maui/Moloka‘i route, the other popular air tour on Maui is a loop over Haleakalā and Hāna. Watch as the fields of Central Maui give way to pastures and ranchland, and see the jet-black lava rock from Maui’s last eruption. You’ll also cruise by Haleakalā Crater to glimpse its multihued cinder cones before exploring the East Maui rainforest with its hidden valleys and falls.
Aside from determining what part of the island you want to see, another thing to consider is what sort of extras these air tours include. Some companies, like Air Maui, offer private landings at cliff top viewpoints and pastures along the ocean. Other companies, like Pacific Helicopter Tours, offer visitors the chance to take off the doors and get even closer to the action.
For an air tour on Maui unlike anything else that’s offered, take a powered hang gliding lesson from the small airstrip in Hāna. Along with a professional pilot and instructor, you’ll not only learn the basics of how to steer a powered hang glider, but you’ll also see the Hāna coastline and experience its valleys in a uniquely thrilling way.
Air Tours Directory
BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
REOPENING Dec 20th - MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $799
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Rediscover Maui in a newly renovated Premium room plus dine at the newest beachfront restaurant on island.
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! Up to 25% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- From $89 - West Oahu Scuba with Hawaii Nautical
- From $1,489 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!