- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Maui
No matter how many times you’ve visited Maui, you really haven’t experienced the island until you’ve seen it by air.
The majority of Maui is exceptionally remote — humans might not have even set foot on some of the most isolated ridgelines. It’s an island where roads mostly circle the coast. Even if you’ve been to Haleakalā Crater and driven each upcountry road, there are still enormous swaths of land you’ll never see from the ground.
Consider the fact that the Road to Hāna is lined with waterfalls. Each of those waterfalls is tucked in a valley about 50-100 yards wide, which is all you see while passing by on four wheels. Those valleys actually climb and twist up numerous slopes, housing dozens of thundering falls miles away from the road.
Aside from the West Maui/Moloka‘i route, the other popular air tour on Maui is a loop over Haleakalā and Hāna. Watch as the fields of Central Maui give way to pastures and ranchland, and see the jet-black lava rock from Maui’s last eruption. You’ll also cruise by Haleakalā Crater to glimpse its multihued cinder cones before exploring the East Maui rainforest with its hidden valleys and falls.
Aside from determining what part of the island you want to see, another thing to consider is what sort of extras these air tours include. Some companies, like Air Maui, offer private landings at cliff top viewpoints and pastures along the ocean. Other companies, like Pacific Helicopter Tours, offer visitors the chance to take off the doors and get even closer to the action.
For an air tour on Maui unlike anything else that’s offered, take a powered hang gliding lesson from the small airstrip in Hāna. Along with a professional pilot and instructor, you’ll not only learn the basics of how to steer a powered hang glider, but you’ll also see the Hāna coastline and experience its valleys in a uniquely thrilling way.
Air Tours Directory
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $1,199
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg with four rounds of golf per stay, club rentals and cart! $339/nt
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- From $1,249 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $130 including Lunch!
- Get a Baker's Dozen from Hamakua Mac Nut Company! SHOP NOW!
- Private Pearl Harbor + Oahu tour (4-24 people) from $699.99!
- Get $10 OFF jet ski & flyboard activities on Maui! BOOK NOW
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!