- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Maui
No matter how many times you’ve visited Maui, you really haven’t experienced the island until you’ve seen it by air.
The majority of Maui is exceptionally remote — humans might not have even set foot on some of the most isolated ridgelines. It’s an island where roads mostly circle the coast. Even if you’ve been to Haleakalā Crater and driven each upcountry road, there are still enormous swaths of land you’ll never see from the ground.
Consider the fact that the Road to Hāna is lined with waterfalls. Each of those waterfalls is tucked in a valley about 50-100 yards wide, which is all you see while passing by on four wheels. Those valleys actually climb and twist up numerous slopes, housing dozens of thundering falls miles away from the road.
Aside from the West Maui/Moloka‘i route, the other popular air tour on Maui is a loop over Haleakalā and Hāna. Watch as the fields of Central Maui give way to pastures and ranchland, and see the jet-black lava rock from Maui’s last eruption. You’ll also cruise by Haleakalā Crater to glimpse its multihued cinder cones before exploring the East Maui rainforest with its hidden valleys and falls.
Aside from determining what part of the island you want to see, another thing to consider is what sort of extras these air tours include. Some companies, like Air Maui, offer private landings at cliff top viewpoints and pastures along the ocean. Other companies, like Pacific Helicopter Tours, offer visitors the chance to take off the doors and get even closer to the action.
For an air tour on Maui unlike anything else that’s offered, take a powered hang gliding lesson from the small airstrip in Hāna. Along with a professional pilot and instructor, you’ll not only learn the basics of how to steer a powered hang glider, but you’ll also see the Hāna coastline and experience its valleys in a uniquely thrilling way.
Air Tours Directory
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,319
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,309
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka'i in Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- $1,079 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Plan for your 2021 Maui Vacation
- Maui Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- From $1,069 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Come Play Towards The Ocean at Princeville Makai