- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Maui
No matter how many times you’ve visited Maui, you really haven’t experienced the island until you’ve seen it by air.
The majority of Maui is exceptionally remote — humans might not have even set foot on some of the most isolated ridgelines. It’s an island where roads mostly circle the coast. Even if you’ve been to Haleakalā Crater and driven each upcountry road, there are still enormous swaths of land you’ll never see from the ground.
Consider the fact that the Road to Hāna is lined with waterfalls. Each of those waterfalls is tucked in a valley about 50-100 yards wide, which is all you see while passing by on four wheels. Those valleys actually climb and twist up numerous slopes, housing dozens of thundering falls miles away from the road.
Aside from the West Maui/Moloka‘i route, the other popular air tour on Maui is a loop over Haleakalā and Hāna. Watch as the fields of Central Maui give way to pastures and ranchland, and see the jet-black lava rock from Maui’s last eruption. You’ll also cruise by Haleakalā Crater to glimpse its multihued cinder cones before exploring the East Maui rainforest with its hidden valleys and falls.
Aside from determining what part of the island you want to see, another thing to consider is what sort of extras these air tours include. Some companies, like Air Maui, offer private landings at cliff top viewpoints and pastures along the ocean. Other companies, like Pacific Helicopter Tours, offer visitors the chance to take off the doors and get even closer to the action.
For an air tour on Maui unlike anything else that’s offered, take a powered hang gliding lesson from the small airstrip in Hāna. Along with a professional pilot and instructor, you’ll not only learn the basics of how to steer a powered hang glider, but you’ll also see the Hāna coastline and experience its valleys in a uniquely thrilling way.
Air Tours Directory
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Enjoy A FREE 2nd Honeymoon On Us When You Book Your Wedding Anywhere in Hawaii. Featuring Hawaiian Musicians, Dancers, Ceremony & More.
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Sunday Night Trivia hosted by Professor Fincher at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM! Lots of Prizes!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Spirit of Aloha Pkg: Bundle room, breakfast, rental car, & parking and save $65 per day! $279/nt
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- $5 double 20oz house margaritas on Tues. @ Fred's Mexican
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $78 pp
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Go Flumin' to see, touch & feel the hidden beauty of Hawaii
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- [SCUBA] Dive into adventure with Dive Oahu for $149!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.