Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who converge upon paradise to incorporate the freshest, locally sourced products into their dishes. The abundance of fresh fruits, fish and locally grown beef are a chef’s dream, making no shortage of delightful gastronomical experiences for foodies. Here are a few not-to-miss dining opportunities to experience…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $869
- Private powerboat charters available in Kona, 2 locations. Take a private pleasure cruise, a whale-watch outing or a snorkel trip. $750/hr, 2hr min.
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night! Rentals range in size from studios to 5 bedroom homes. BOOK NOW!
- Special Offer: $999 Big Island private dolphin tour for 10 people! Explore the beautiful Kona coast with an intimate private party
- Explore native wildlife along with thousands of rare and endangered flowers and more at Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens.
- The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Enjoy Hawaiian cuisine made with ingredients produced locally
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise