Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $859
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,079
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,289
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Change the Way you See Hawaii with Shaka Guide’s GPS audio driving tours! It’s like having a tour guide in your car.
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- Change the Way You See Hawaii with Shaka Guide GPS Tours!
- Souvenirs, clothes, Red Dirt shirts, buy 2 get 3rd item FREE
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! Up to 25% Off Best Available Hotel Rates.
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!