Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers
E Komo Mai…Welcome to Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers. For those that have been here, it’s no surprise that Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers has been voted “BEST BURGER in the State of Hawaii” by Business Insider Magazine and BEST BURGER by West Hawaii Today Readers in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017!! Take the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,479
- SAVE $900 per couple! Departs 1/30 & 2/13, Ultimate Hawaii 4 Island - 13 Days now from only $1,799!
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $108pp
- Island Feet are happy feet! Orthotic footwear - SHOP NOW!
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- GET 15% OFF - Watumull's Hawaiian wear for the whole family
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Magical setting at Kanaloa at Kona by Outrigger from $129/nt
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical mini golf!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates