Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who converge upon paradise to incorporate the freshest, locally sourced products into their dishes. The abundance of fresh fruits, fish and locally grown beef are a chef’s dream, making no shortage of delightful gastronomical experiences for foodies. Here are a few not-to-miss dining opportunities to experience…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
Take a Kona Coffee Driving Tour and Taste Kona...
Take 600 specialty coffee farms, a spattering of mills, retail…
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Join Kohala Divers on their 1 Tank Afternoon Dive. Take a quick trip out to a dive site from $109. BOOK NOW!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates.
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $310/nt
- Kona Luxury Sail - Hawaii Nautical takes you on an unparalleled yacht to experience Kona's most bejeweled underwater treasures. $225 per person.
- Hyatt Place Waikiki-Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi. No Resort Free.
- Indulge in the award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch on Maui
- $49.99 Pearl Harbor & Honolulu City Tour-BOOK NOW!
- Save $10: Book your Na Pali catamaran adventure online!
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code "kailua"
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Royal Lahaina 6 Night Stays in Partial Ocean View fr $194/nt
- Fully-Escorted 4 Island Tour from $1,899 – Save $700 p/c!
- World famous diving, top quality instruction - Kona Coast