Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Taste the Best of Hawaii Coffee from Top Hawaii...
Hawaii Coffee Company brings the best of Hawaiʻi coffee to…
Take a Kona Coffee Driving Tour and Taste Kona...
Take 600 specialty coffee farms, a spattering of mills, retail…
- Fully-Escorted 13-Day, Four Island Tour from $1,399
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- Join the KonaRed® e-newsletter to get the latest specials and updates about the Hawaiian Coffeeberry® superfruit!
- Choose from 4 different tours with Body Glove Hawaii: Snorkel & Dolphin Adventure, Whale Watch, Historical Dinner Cruise and Historical Lunch Cruise!
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special for in-house guests from $72 per person
- Guided Lava Tours to Big Island Volcano - See Lava Today!
- Enjoy sushi delivered to you on the rail! Fun for kids.
- 20% off our Best Available Rates - Coconut Waikiki Hotel!
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $840 Per Person
- GET 15% Off Watumull's aloha wear at Ala Moana Center
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Royal Kona Package: luau, dinner cruise, & more! $310/nt
- Snorkel & Dolphin Adventure from Kona $132 Adults, $88 Kids
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
- Save $10: Book your Na Pali catamaran adventure online!