Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Taste the Best of Hawaii Coffee from Top Hawaii...
Hawaii Coffee Company brings the best of Hawaiʻi coffee to…
Take a Kona Coffee Driving Tour and Taste Kona...
Take 600 specialty coffee farms, a spattering of mills, retail…
- Save $45 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Kona Resort
- Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean with Paradise Helicopters! Prices start at $179 per person.
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals starting from $89/night! Rentals range in size from studios to 5 bedroom homes, economy to luxury. BOOK NOW!
- $939 & up - 6-Night Big Island & Kauai Vacation w/Air & Hotels
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $939 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- Book a Full Day Adventure Retreat w/ Mahina Hawaii for $195!
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise & more! $369/nt
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- Plan your destination wedding at a boutique beachfront resort!
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $310/nt
- 10% OFF KonaRed® Hawaiian Coffeeberry® products: code OHANA
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure; fr $879. See Big Island & Oahu
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino