Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers
E Komo Mai…Welcome to Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers. For those that have been here, it’s no surprise that Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers has been voted “BEST BURGER in the State of Hawaii” by Business Insider Magazine and BEST BURGER by West Hawaii Today Readers in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017!! Take the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Private powerboat charters available in Kona, 2 locations. Take a private pleasure cruise, a whale-watch outing or a snorkel trip. $750/hr, 2hr min.
- Delve underground and float through thousand foot tunnels dripping with fresh Kohala spring water...only at Flumin' Kohala 808-933-HAWI
- SAVE 10% on Kohala Canopy Zipline tours Friday-Saturday and experience Hawaii Island’s only tree-to-tree adventure! Promo Code WEEKENDER
- Spreading the aloha spirit, from farm to cup. Buy Greenwell Farms 100% Kona coffee today.
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $155/nt
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Sunset Sail with appetizers + comp champagne for $89!
- Hoverboarding: Exciting activity AND guided tour of Waikiki!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- Snorkel Molokini Crater and a Second Stop with Turtles on board the Maui Magic.
- Hawaii Ocean Project: Maui's most booked tours for 35 years!
- [SCUBA] Dive into adventure with Dive Oahu for $149!