Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who converge upon paradise to incorporate the freshest, locally sourced products into their dishes. The abundance of fresh fruits, fish and locally grown beef are a chef’s dream, making no shortage of delightful gastronomical experiences for foodies. Here are a few not-to-miss dining opportunities to experience…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,129
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals starting from $89/night! Rentals range in size from studios to 5 bedroom homes, economy to luxury. BOOK NOW!
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Choose from a wide selection of vacation homes in Kona. Find great offers on ocean view and beachfront properties. Rates start at $89/night.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- 15% Off: Snorkel the reefs off Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- Guaranteed to have a BLAST!" at Kauai Sporting Clays
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- From $149/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Jack’s Diving Locker (Kona) - Specialty Dives for ONLY $175!
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Eggs 'n Things pancake mix and syrups available online!
- Magical setting at Kanaloa at Kona by Outrigger from $129/nt