Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Tropics Tap House
A Food-Forward and Family Friendly Restaurant in Keauhou Original article by Karen Anderson Featuring fabulous sunset views and refreshing ocean breezes, Tropics Tap House Restaurant is the place where you can enjoy early-bird specials, savor local brews while watching sports on TV, or bring the entire family for a “food forward” dining experience that’s both…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Choose from a wide selection of vacation homes in Kona. Find great offers on ocean view and beachfront properties. Rates start at $89/night.
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book directly with Kona Coast Vacations - BOOK NOW!
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Kaku Sushi, Waikiki: Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Kauai’s Real Dirt Shirts in Waimea, starting at $10
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night