Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers
E Komo Mai…Welcome to Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers. For those that have been here, it’s no surprise that Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers has been voted “BEST BURGER in the State of Hawaii” by Business Insider Magazine and BEST BURGER by West Hawaii Today Readers in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017!! Take the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - choose from spacious oceanfront estates, fully-equipped private homes and more - BOOK NOW!
- Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers offers Big Island raised grass-fed beef, sustainably-grown local produce, house made desserts & hand crafted cocktails.
- Wild Tiki Fun Zone has something fun for all ages!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: the home of hula, art and culture!
- Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current beach conditions
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Young At Heart - Senior Rates
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $115 pp
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $78 pp
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt