Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Tropics Tap House
A Food-Forward and Family Friendly Restaurant in Keauhou Original article by Karen Anderson Featuring fabulous sunset views and refreshing ocean breezes, Tropics Tap House Restaurant is the place where you can enjoy early-bird specials, savor local brews while watching sports on TV, or bring the entire family for a “food forward” dining experience that’s both…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Exclusive hotel savings for members! Show your AAA or CAA or JAF card, and save 15%!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Delight in our tasty filet with shrimp & a glass of cabernet at Ruths' Chris Lahaina, Wailea, Mauna Lani and Kauai Restaurants.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Kamaaina Exclusive Savings - Show your Hawaii ID and save up to 25%!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Enjoy Hawaiian cuisine made with ingredients produced locally
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Celebrate Valentine's Day at Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Steps away from world famous Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Stay here!
- Plan for your 2020 Maui Vacation