Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Taste the Best of Hawaii Coffee from Top Hawaii...
Hawaii Coffee Company brings the best of Hawaiʻi coffee to…
Take a Kona Coffee Driving Tour and Taste Kona...
Take 600 specialty coffee farms, a spattering of mills, retail…
- Journey through former sacred Hawaiian royal land. Ride your ATV to the top of historic Waipio Valley: $159!
- Book now to get 1 free GoPro Rental for you party!
- From $225/night: Stay in residential-style accommodations and experience breathtaking panoramic views at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger.
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Big Island 9-Line Zipline Tour & SAVE 10% with 7 day advance booking!
- Max's: Now accepting graduation party reservations.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Only One Luxury 1-Bedroom Condo at Ka Malanai in Kailua Left
- 4th Nt Free + Brkf for 2 at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows.
- Free gift with purchase of beach & ocean souvenirs-SHOP NOW!
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $98pp
- Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages From $179 Per Room Night!