Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who converge upon paradise to incorporate the freshest, locally sourced products into their dishes. The abundance of fresh fruits, fish and locally grown beef are a chef’s dream, making no shortage of delightful gastronomical experiences for foodies. Here are a few not-to-miss dining opportunities to experience…
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year,…
- Big Island Waterfall and Dolphin Tour – view ocean wildlife and dozens of waterfalls from a luxurious boat! A unique three-hour experience from $145!
- Relax luxuriously when you stay at Kohala Coast Vacation Rentals by Outrigger! Rates from only $159/night.
- Arrange the perfect beginning to your Hawaiian vacation! Book your Airport Arrival Lei Greeting now. Enter Promo Code: HAWAIICOM
- Two-Tank Morning Boat Dives where you see pristine coral reef, swim through lava rock arches filled with schools of vibrant colored tropical fish.
- Enjoy The Encounter at Dolphin Quest Hawaii from $210
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Complimentary Breakfast Offer. BOOK NOW!
- From $729 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- World famous diving, top quality instruction - Kona Coast
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- Award-winning Chinese cuisine a in Chinatown ambiance.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- Swim with Dolphins in Hawaii’s ocean. Save $10: code HIDEAL