Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Taste the Best of Hawaii Coffee from Top Hawaii...
Hawaii Coffee Company brings the best of Hawaiʻi coffee to…
Take a Kona Coffee Driving Tour and Taste Kona...
Take 600 specialty coffee farms, a spattering of mills, retail…
- Fresh sushi made to order, a nice selection of fully cooked dishes, and a fun dining experience for the kids - all under one roof at Genki Sushi.
- $815+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights with air. Includes 5-Day FREE car rental PLUS Kids 18 & younger stay FREE
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special at Royal Kona Resort - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- From $225/night: Stay in residential-style accommodations and experience breathtaking panoramic views at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $840 pp
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Save 20% when you book online at Pacific Aviation Museum.
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $149/nt
- Save 10% Off Early Bookings At Polynesian Cultural Center
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $120 including Lunch!
- Escape to Oahu's secret island beach & enjoy kayaking & more
- Enjoy views of Diamond Head at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!