Dining on the Big Island
Star chefs and the dedication to the local farm-to-table movement have really changed the culinary landscape of the Big Island in the last 10 years. This new movement has put it on the gastronomical map with both casual tourists and foodies alike. Professional chef and local celebrity, Sam Choy, has his newest restaurant Kai Lanai in Kailua-Kona. The resorts on the Kohala coast have also dedicated themselves to serving modern Hawaiian haute cuisine. The restaurant isn’t just for the gourmand. Reasonably priced organic fare and restaurants that serve “local food” can still be found all around the island.
Teshima’s Restaurant in Kealakekua is a local landmark and has been serving “local-style” Japanese food since the 1920s. For the sweet stuff, Big Island Candies has some of the best chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies in the state and Punaluʻu Bake Shop has got you covered for the decadent Portuguese sweetbread. There are even festivals celebrating locally grown coffee and chocolate held throughout the year. The Big Island caters to all price ranges and tastes.
Best New Restaurants on the Big Island
Hawaii Island is a cornucopia of dining culture. Every year, new restaurants pop up to the delight of locals and tourists alike. Bite by bite, food bon vivants can visit the island’s freshest and newest eateries. Here are a few favorite best new restaurants on the Big Island who have opened their doors within the…
Kona Delights with Artistic Gastronomical...
Kona, Hawaiʻi attracts culinary entrepreneurs from around the world who…
- Special Offer: $999 Big Island private dolphin tour for 10 people! Explore the beautiful Kona coast with an intimate private party
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $949
- Air & room packages starting from $1,039. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Maui Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.