Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: An annual remembrance ceremony held on Memorial Day at Ala Moana Beach Park.
The Island of Hawaii
The Big Island
The Big Island of Hawaii, or simply “the Big Island,” is the largest island in the island chain. Due to its size, the Big Island’s regions vary considerably. There are twelve distinct climate zones here, ranging from East Hawaii’s tropical rain forests and the frozen slopes of Mauna Kea to Kaʻu’s arid desert in the south. The dramatic size of the largest Hawaiian Island creates a microcosm of environments and activities.
Hilo is a sleepy small town on the east side known for its laid-back atmosphere and magnificent waterfalls, the Kohala coast has many extravagant resorts, Keaʻau has the famous black sand beaches, and Kona, the biggest city on the Big Island, is home to many coffee farms and a growing food scene. Visit Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth or the rare green sand beach at Papakolea. Since there’s so much to do and see here, the Big Island will have you planning return trips for years to come.Learn more about the Big Island
What to do on the Big Island
Top 5 Activities for Kids on the Big Island
Hawaii Island (also known as the Big Island) is a young adventurer’s paradise. Here, there…
Take a Scenic Drive to a Botanical Garden
Just a few minutes outside Hilo, heading north along the four-mile Pepe’ekeo Scenic Drive, you…
The Cowboy Way: Discover Paniolo life on the Big Isle and Maui
Hawai‘i boasts its very own cowboy—the paniolo—who learned to rope and ride several decades before…
Big Island’s Hamakua Coast: A Fairy Tale Journey
Although not as well-storied as Maui’s scenic drive to Hana, the 45-mile Hamakua Coast road…
Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Big Island
The Big Island, also known as Hawaii Island, is the largest and geologically youngest of…
Merrie Monarch Festival Overview
Once a year, the normally quiet town of Hilo becomes a hub of activity. Hotels…
Insider Island Secrets
Shorten your wait to see the historical sites of Hawaii. Experience out-of-this-world island landscapes. And…
A Hawaii Golf Primer: Things To Know Before You Go
Golf is golf is golf the world around, right? Or so you might assume by…
Family Fun In Hawaii
Even though Hawaii may seem like a romantic honeymoon getaway or a place to spend…
A Cup of Perfection
The mouthwatering aroma of coffee permeates the air in Kona Coffee Purveyors’ roasting facility. Sitting…
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- The Hawaiian Islands! Save big on Hotels in Hawaii starting at $78!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- A Maui Castle of Your Own! 1-Bedroom/2-Bath Resort Condo Was $450, NOW $135 Thru June 30!! Restrictions apply.
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Big Island Airplane Circle Island Tour Featuring Volcano at $345!
- Sizzling Volcano Value Savings at Royal Kona Resort. $129/nt
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Big Island Volcano Tours - $40 Off Per Adult Couple!
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Maui 1-Bedroom/2-Bath Castle Condo $135 Thru June 30!
- Save $10 on Piiholo Zipline Maui When You Book Direct
- Manta Ray Guarantee and 50% Multi Trip Discount!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $120 including Lunch!