Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: An annual remembrance ceremony held on Memorial Day at Ala Moana Beach Park.
The Island of Oahu
The Gathering Place
Oahu, known as “The Gathering Place,” is the most populated area in the island chain. Oahu is almost home to some of the most recognizable landmarks in the world like Diamond Head, the world-famous Waikiki Beach, and Pearl Harbor. Most people think of Honolulu, Oahu’s largest city and state capitol, as a metropolitan with global flavor, but just a few miles outside of the city limits, quieter getaways can be found.
The North Shore, a sleepy surfer town, combines a laid-back artsy vibe with monster waves and Kailua, a slice of nature’s paradise, offers an amazing hiking opportunity and one of the best beaches in the state. You could also plan a visit to ʻIolani Palace and immerse yourself in Hawaii’s royal past. There’s something for every traveler on Oahu.Learn more about Oahu
What to do on Oahu
Na Hoku Hanohano Awards 2015
Pop music, rock and roll, country and western – nearly every style of music is…
Lantern Floating Ceremony on Memorial Day
There are certain stories that really show the heart of Hawaii and who we are…
Top 15 Activities for Kids on Oahu
Oahu has a plethora of activities for kids if you know where to look. Beaches…
Hiking Kolowalu Trail
There’s no beating around the bush. The Kolowalu trail is a doozy. It’s only one…
A Perfect Day at Pearl Harbor
The peaceful morning of December 7, 1941 started out like any other, but by day’s…
May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii
“May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii Nei.” This popular phrase in the islands prevents…
Snorkeling at Pupukea Beach Park
Here’s a hot tip. Hanauma Bay isn’t the only primo snorkeling spot on Oahu. Try…
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice is Serving Up a New Twist on an Island Classic
Take any heavenly Hawaii day and drive down the main thoroughfare of Haleiwa town, and…
Everything Is Just ‘Beachy’ in Kailua
You could describe Kailua as a typical residential area that arose from post-war development on…
Snorkeling at the Ever Popular Hanauma Bay
Hanauma Bay is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island of Oahu.…
- Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations from $296
- Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk - $289
- From $912 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu, 6 Nights w/Air, Hotel, Transfers, Daily Breakfast & Taxes
- Hilton Hawaii Deals - starting at just $169
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Maui 1-Bedroom/2-Bath Castle Condo $135 Thru June 30!
- Kauai 1-Bedroom Castle Condo $175 Thru June 30!
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $120 including Lunch!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Hawaiian Discovery Horseback Rides on Kauai from just $99!
- Big Island Volcano Tours - $40 Off Per Adult Couple!
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Save $10 on Piiholo Zipline Maui When You Book Direct
- Big Island Airplane Circle Island Tour Featuring Volcano at $345!