The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- See why Hawaii Ocean Project is home to Maui's most booked tours for 35 years! BOOK NOW!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- Hamakua Mac Nut Co.'s Baker's Dozen offer: Buy 12 of any item of the same price & get 1 FREE. In-store or online. Discount applied at checkout.
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $909
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- Experience aloha chic at the Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- A circle-island Oahu tour is only $118 with Island and You!
- Frm $179/nt: Find comfort at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
- From $1,339- Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- West Maui Cycles bike rentals as low as $8.50 per day!