The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- HAWAII SCUBA DIVING! Explore the coast of Oahu with dives on wrecks, reefs, and even discover the ocean at night! Rates as low as $149!
- Air & room packages starting from $1,159. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Surf lessons in the heart of Waikiki from $125! Outrigger Canoe rides as low as $30 a person! Photo packages available!
- Immerse yourself Hawaii's top must-do attraction: Pearl Harbor- visit the Arizona Memorial & the USS Missouri Battleship as low as $49
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Explore the mysteries of the universe at Stars Above Hawaii
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Seats sell out quickly @ Kauai Sea Tours: Book Today-$10 off
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise & more! $410/nt
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- A Local Favorite: Music, Cocktails & Cuisine at Blue Note
- Experience ″farm-to-beach″ dining at Reef Bar & Market Grill!
- Stay in a 1, 2, or 3 bedroom villa starting at $389/night