The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Embrace Hawaiian culture. Get lost in the melody. Authentic hula experiences every Monday evening.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Exclusive hotel savings for members! Show your AAA or CAA or JAF card, and save 10%!
- Drive, Walk, Hike, See, Smell, Feel & ABSORB Kauai's Most 'Picturesque' Locations with Kauai Photo Tours!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Experience Hawaii like never before on Ziplines, ATV’s, or Horseback on the pristine North Shore of Kauai! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Swim with dolphins at $20 off per person when you book a Dolphins and You tour with the code 2020VISION before the end of Feb 2020
- Reserve your suite at ESPACIO and discover a rare and elegant luxury hotel experience unlike any other.
- Mike's Huli Chicken: Treat yourself to Hawaii's best Huli chicken!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Kamaaina Exclusive Savings. Save up to 12%
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Seats sell out quickly @ Kauai Sea Tours: Book Today-$10 off
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Kauai Photo Tours: Kauai’s Top-Rated Land Tour!
- From $1,149 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River