The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- Air & room packages starting from $1,089. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.