The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $889 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- Start your day with 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee. Buy online now!
- The Longest Happy Hour on Maui 2-6pm daily! 15% Off Appetizers
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Take a private tour of Pearl Harbor and Oahu Island! Groups of 4 start at $699.99. Up to 24 guests. BOOK NOW!
- Book your Waikiki sunset dinner cruise by 6/30 for $30 OFF!
- Save $10: Book your Na Pali catamaran adventure online!
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Free golf with every stay!
- Maui Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- From $1,409 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Fish for tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation