The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Come search for dolphins, turtles and whales while sailing on the beautiful waters of Waikiki with Mana Kai Catamaran! $25-$40 BOOK NOW!
- Test your skills and wits at Room With a Clue! Use clues, puzzles and hints to crack the codes and escape before time runs out.
- Make the most of vacation days with Sunshine on Sale at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach. Every 4th night is free and daily breakfast buffet for 2.
- Grand Naniloa Hotel: Hilo's most incredible waterfront hotel! Newly upgraded with stunning 180-degree panoramic views of Hilo Bay and Mauna Kea.
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $310/nt
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
- Grand Naniloa Hotel: the home of hula, art and culture!
- 30% OFF rooms + $50 resort credit at THE MODERN HONOLULU
- Jack’s Diving Locker (Kona) - Specialty Dives for ONLY $175!
- Enjoy The Kapalua Villas Maui from 56% off!
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Book direct for the lowest rates at THE MODERN HONOLULU
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- Eggs 'n Things pancake mix and syrups available online!