The Hawaiian Islands
Aloha, e komo mai
The Hawaiian Islands are one of the most geographically isolated places on earth, over 2,400 miles and nearly 4,000 km to the closest landmass, which is California, USA. Born of a volcanic hotspot rising from the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean, the Hawaiian archipelago formed nearly 75 million years ago, with the eldest islands of the chain long since eroded and submerged beneath the sea’s surface to the northwest and the youngest of the islands still forming beneath the sea’s surface to the south east.
This unique history of formation and isolation has given rise to breathtaking and extraordinary wonders. Perfect white sand beaches, abundant reefs, towering waterfalls, lush valleys, snow-capped mountains and fiery hot volcanic cauldrons captivate the hearts of those who visit as well as those who call this beautiful place home. A special culture has evolved from the unique natural environment of these islands. Native Hawaiians are the host culture here, and the values of Aloha have laid the foundation for the Hawaii we have today. Since the 1700s, peoples of various cultures have been arriving on these shores, bringing their foods, their music and their ways of life.
Today Hawaii is a bold showcase for farm-to-table fusion cuisine, culturally conscious fashion and innovation. Visitors will find themselves spoiled for options between romantic boutique getaways and family friendly five star resorts. High-end retailers have put Hawaii on the map of world-class shopping destinations, and Hawaii’s passionate chefs have created a foodie frenzy here. As far forward as Hawaii has evolved, those looking for a walk back in time can still find Old Hawaii tucked away off the beaten paths. And the ancient stories still exist in the lovely hula hands of dancers who have given themselves as keepers of the culture.
- Air & room packages starting from $1,349. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- From $89 - Snorkel cruise on Oahu's stunning Ko Olina coast with Hawaii Nautical
- Get up to 6 GPS audio tours for $29.99 with Shaka Guide! Tours available on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Big Island.
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $959. for 6 nights
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- From $919 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Souvenirs, clothes, Red Dirt shirts, buy 2 get 3rd item FREE
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Best Luau in Maui
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099