- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $879 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- Come enjoy the Farmers Market every Thursday from 2-6pm inside Waimea Valley Pavilion! Lots of unique local food and craft vendors from around the island.
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $939. for 6 nights
- Kaku's Sushi & Buffet Grand Opening! Waikiki's First Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet! Enjoy crab legs, prime rib & much more!
- Discover 42 acres of endless Polynesian adventure. Book our Ali'i Lu'au Package and save over $50! Visit polynesia.com or call 808-293-3333 today!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Family-friendly Cacao Farm Tour & Tasting – Kids < 6 Free!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!
- Experience ″farm-to-beach″ dining at Reef Bar & Market Grill!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: AAA/CAA/JAF Members - SAVE 10%
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
- Cannot miss Maui's Favorite Sunday Champagne Brunch in Kāʻanapali
- Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical mini golf!