- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
Capture memories that last a lifetime. Get 10% off family photos with promo code: HAWAII
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
Plan a birthday party for kids and get $50 off when you book on a weekday (Mon-Thurs).
- SAVE up to $25 on a dolphin interactive program when you book 10 days or more in advance! Call (808) 259-2500 to receive offer!
- Air & room packages starting from $1,179. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Dolphins! Whales! Turtles! And More! Snorkel and Nature Cruises available daily for as low as $99!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Porterhouse Steak ($109.95 for two): served tender, juicy, and sizzling at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in Waikiki
- Island Helicopters is Kauai’s premiere helicopter tour!
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current beach conditions
- Island Feet are happy feet! Orthotic footwear - SHOP NOW!
- Surfs up with Dive Oahu and Surf! 1-hour lessons $125!
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Save $20! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Kona
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $1,999! SAVE $450pp
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98