- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Experience the real Hawaii in small group tours, from $59
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
- From $69 - Whales Guaranteed from Hawaii Nautical: If you don't see whales on our WHALE WATCH trips (December - April), come back again for free!
- Not just a tour, an experience: Swim with wild dolphins and turtles, experience live hula, enjoy a taro burger lunch and more with Dolphins and You!
- Island and You is a full day circle-island tour, packed with some of Oahu’s best sights and plenty of delicious Hawaiian food. BOOK NOW!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,629
- Locally sourced ingredients abound at Lychee in Waikiki! Come in for an exceptional breakfast buffet including sunrise papaya & sugarloaf pineapple!
- 15% Off: Snorkel the reefs off Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach
- Experience all of Oahu for $118 on an Island and You tour!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $499/nt
- Eggs 'n Things pancake mix and syrups available online!
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Umauma Falls Zipline: SAVE 10% w/ 7 day advance booking! Code: HAW10
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's secret recipes from $12.70!
- Stay at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger on the Big Island!
- From $200: Napali Coast tour + forbidden island snorkel
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult