- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Enjoy the Tree-to-Bar Cacao & Chocolate Experience! Local, Mil & Hawaii.com Discounts!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,129. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Hawaii Hoverboarding Tours: Fun small group guided tours of Waikiki on all-terrain self-balancing electric Hoverboards. Click for UNBEATABLE prices!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
- Fly through time and space at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center!
- Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical mini golf!
- $1,019 & up -- 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!