- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Special Offer: Oahu private charter tours starting from $599! Choose from swimming with dolphins, sunset cruises, ocean activities & more
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Visit the famous Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on Oahu's North Shore! All plates are served with a dozen jumbo shrimp and 2 scoops of rice for $14.00!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- From $1,349 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
- Steps away from world famous Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Stay here!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical