- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $929. for 6 nights
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- SAVE up to $25 on a dolphin interactive program when you book 10 days or more in advance! Call (808) 259-2500 to receive offer!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- Kaku Sushi, Waikiki: Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet!
- From $1,179 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $235/nt
- Get Best Prices For Our Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau
- $1,219 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii: SAVE 10% when booking 10 days in advance