- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
A professionally-trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Sailboards and Kayak's Beachside Center.
On our signature Coral Crater Zipline tour, your guides will lead you through 3 ziplines ranging from 300 to 900 feet!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,329
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,009. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $829
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- $899 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- From $1,099 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $79 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- From $579 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- From $829 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee