- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun & unforgettable cage dive!
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Porterhouse Steak ($109.95 for two): served tender, juicy, and sizzling at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in Waikiki
- Book Now! Dolphin Excursions tour with lunch included for $140 only.
- Waikiki Escape: Save up to 20% discount off ultra-luxurious and residential-style rooms and suites when you stay 3 or more nights.
- Kaku's Sushi & Buffet - Waikiki's First Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet! Enjoy crab legs, prime rib & much more!
- Join Dolphins and You for a half-day ocean adventure tour: Snorkel with wild dolphins and sea turtles, enjoy live hula and slide down a water slide!
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Kaku Sushi, Waikiki: Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet!
- Experience all of Oahu on an Island and You tour! $10 off with code HIDEAL
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Experience Nutridge: Four hours of interactive activities!
- $1,019 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!