- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - 13-day guided tour now from only $1,999! SAVE $700 per couple on select departures! Inter-island flights included.
- Order your Wedding Leis at HawaiiFlowerLei.com. Fresh, custom made Wedding Leis hand delivered or shipped in our exclusive lei cooler, Nationwide!
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- Porterhouse Steak ($109.95 for two): served tender, juicy, and sizzling at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in Waikiki
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,109. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!
- $919 & up - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $1,999! SAVE $350pp
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Life Vest/Flotation Device Rentals for $5!
- Find unique & local-made items at our Ku’ono Waiwai store
- Beautiful Maui Sunrise Whalewatch tour. Book & Save 10%