- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
- Book Now! Dolphin Excursions tour with lunch included for $140 only.
- Cruzin Hawaii: Feel the thrill of exploring the island on two wheels. Premium moped rentals starting at ONLY $59.99
- Find everything under the sun at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace! $1 admission per person and Kids 11 & under FREE!
- Save 15%: Snorkeling the reefs off Kailua and Lanikai Beach on Oahu is a unique experience not to be missed. Use promo code "Kailua"
- Dine on imported Italian cheeses and hand-cut meats paired with Italian and Domestic wine selections. Make your reservation at IL Lupino
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/code "Kailua"
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Book your Waikiki sunset dinner cruise by 6/30 for $30 OFF!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!