- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Special Offer: Oahu private charter tours starting from $599! Choose from swimming with dolphins, sunset cruises, ocean activities & more
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,319
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $909
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- From $879 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Come Play Towards The Ocean at Princeville Makai
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military