- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Oahu
Fish can’t read calendars, but historically the peak season to catch blue marlin, wahoo (ono) and ahi (yellowfin tuna) are the summer months of June, July and August. That said, it’s not uncommon to stroll by Kewalo Basin on a daily basis and see trophy fish hanging off the docks of the fishing vessels.
Most of the fishing on O‘ahu is done off of the leeward coastline, and while many charters leave from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikīkī) visiting fishermen can also get picked up at their hotels by fishing charters such as Boom Boom Sportfishing and Live Bait Sportfishing and driven 35 miles to the Wai‘anae Boat Harbor — the boat ride to fishing waters is much shorter from here. Half- and full-day charters are available out of all harbors and group and individual charters are offered.
At Kewalo Basin, the Maggie Joe, Aikane Sportfishing and Blue Nun Sportfishing are known for their successful trips, but you can hardly go wrong with any of the available charters.
Kewalo Basin also offers some opportunities for those just wanting to dip a line in the water or have a unique experience. The Sashimi offers four-hour rock bottom fishing trips off the tip of Diamond Head so you can fish while watching the surfers and enjoying the skyline view. No trolling, just drifting in search of smaller bottom fish. This fun boat also offers a catch-and-release midnight shark hunt. Read more
The waters off O‘ahu offer a variety of fish ranging from sailfish, marlin, skipjack and yellowfin tuna, mahimahi, wahoo, barracuda and more. Ample shore fishing opportunities are everywhere.
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,349
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- Renting out a dry top is very helpful for beginner snorkelers!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center. Remember your vacation with a dangle hula dancer,
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $199
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – All Islands
- Live Music in an Intimate Setting: See the Blue Note Lineup
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $115 pp
- HAPPY HOUR 50% OFF SUSHI AND PUPUS
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's secret recipes from $12.70!
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Over Pizza! Med. pizza + soup/salad
- Save 10% on Maui Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel tour