Golf on Lanai
Often it’s quality, rather than quantity, that can truly make something great, and such is the case with golfing on Lanai, where despite being the island’s only 18-hole course, the Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course draws visitors from across the globe.
When compared to Oahu, which has nearly 40 courses, or the 14 on neighboring Maui, you would think that Lanai would barely register as a blip on Hawaii’s golf radar. On the contrary, Lanai for a time was one of Hawaii’s best destinations for golf—particularly when the 18-hole Experience at Koele was still in operation. If you walked the docks of Lahaina Harbor on Maui at 6:30am, the morning ferry between Maui and Lanai would be packed with day-tripping golfers. There were specials where visitors could play 36 holes—sometimes for the price of 18—and tick off two different world-class courses in a single day on Lanai. Read more
The Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course
Today, however, the Koele course remains closed, and while long-term plans involve re-opening the course along with the neighboring resort, there’s no definitive date for when the course will open for business.
You can still visit the Manele Golf Course, however, for the chance to tee off over the Pacific Ocean towards the green of the famous 12th hole, where Bill Gates was married, where whales spout offshore, and where the fairway is replaced by the crashing whitewater of waves thundering on rocks. The resort has spared no expense in crafting this oceanfront, elite-level course, from the GPS-enabled carts to the food at the 19th hole, Views.
Lanai’s Free 9-Hole Cavendish Course
The only place you can golf on Lanai that isn’t at the resort, is the public, 9-hole—and completely free—Cavendish course in Lanai City. This course was constructed in the days of Dole, when the plantation managed the town, and despite the fact it’s been 25 years since Dole moved off of Lanai, this play-in-your-slippers, bring-your-own-six-pack, course has managed to survive. There’s no need for tee times—since there isn’t any clubhouse—just drive up 5th Avenue, turn left towards the course, and prepare to walk the nine holes.
Golf Courses on Lanai
- Rates/Green Fee Key:
- $ under $55
- $$ $55-$99
- $$$ $100-$149
- $$$$ $150-$199
- $$$$$ over $200
Four Seasons Lanai – Manele Golf Course $$$$$
Cavendish Golf Course (Free)
Plan a birthday party for kids and get $50 off when you book on a weekday (Mon-Thurs).
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Only with Island Helicopters can visitors land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park.
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Summit Maunakea, the highest point in the Pacific, from $196
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $180.96!
- Flumin' Kohala-Truly a one of a kind experience 808-933-HAWI
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- From $69 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!