Golf on Lanai
Often it’s quality, rather than quantity, that can truly make something great, and such is the case with golfing on Lanai, where despite being the island’s only 18-hole course, the Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course draws visitors from across the globe.
When compared to Oahu, which has nearly 40 courses, or the 14 on neighboring Maui, you would think that Lanai would barely register as a blip on Hawaii’s golf radar. On the contrary, Lanai for a time was one of Hawaii’s best destinations for golf—particularly when the 18-hole Experience at Koele was still in operation. If you walked the docks of Lahaina Harbor on Maui at 6:30am, the morning ferry between Maui and Lanai would be packed with day-tripping golfers. There were specials where visitors could play 36 holes—sometimes for the price of 18—and tick off two different world-class courses in a single day on Lanai. Read more
The Jack Nicklaus Signature Manele Golf Course
Today, however, the Koele course remains closed, and while long-term plans involve re-opening the course along with the neighboring resort, there’s no definitive date for when the course will open for business.
You can still visit the Manele Golf Course, however, for the chance to tee off over the Pacific Ocean towards the green of the famous 12th hole, where Bill Gates was married, where whales spout offshore, and where the fairway is replaced by the crashing whitewater of waves thundering on rocks. The resort has spared no expense in crafting this oceanfront, elite-level course, from the GPS-enabled carts to the food at the 19th hole, Views.
Lanai’s Free 9-Hole Cavendish Course
The only place you can golf on Lanai that isn’t at the resort, is the public, 9-hole—and completely free—Cavendish course in Lanai City. This course was constructed in the days of Dole, when the plantation managed the town, and despite the fact it’s been 25 years since Dole moved off of Lanai, this play-in-your-slippers, bring-your-own-six-pack, course has managed to survive. There’s no need for tee times—since there isn’t any clubhouse—just drive up 5th Avenue, turn left towards the course, and prepare to walk the nine holes.
Golf Courses on Lanai
- Rates/Green Fee Key:
- $ under $55
- $$ $55-$99
- $$$ $100-$149
- $$$$ $150-$199
- $$$$$ over $200
Four Seasons Lanai – Manele Golf Course $$$$$
Cavendish Golf Course (Free)
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
Farm to bottle. Small batch, single variety, hand crafted Hawaiian Agricole Rum. Visit the Farm and Take the Tour!
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun & unforgettable cage dive!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Hawaii's most beautiful courses-See the difference @ Bay View
- Hawaiian Music, Rock, Pop, Reggae & Comedy at Blue Note
- Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical mini golf!
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Count On Us For The Paradise Wedding Your Love Deserves
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates