- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Surfing & SUP
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Kauai
Kaua‘i offers some of the best sport fishing in the state. The reason is due to plunging ocean depths just off the coast that surround the island, giving enthusiasts an ideal opportunity to snag some of the most touted Pacific big game fish.
Deep sea fishing on Kauai can land a variety of species including the famed Hawaiian ‘ahi which actually consists of two different tuna species, yellowfin and bigeye. Other notable species found in Pacific waters that will earn you bragging rights include mahimahi, wahoo (ono), Pacific blue marlin and hebi (shortbill spearfish). Even though all of these fish are abundant year-round, there are seasons where certain species are more prevalent. Tuna, for example, is more likely to be caught during summer while marlin thrives in fall. Winter traditionally has the least number of fish while summer provides ample bounty.
The best way to fish on Kaua‘i is by accompanying professionals from one of the local tour companies like Captain Don’s Kaua‘i Sport Fishing or Ohana Fishing Charters. They invite visitors to hop on board one of their boats for four-, six- or eight-hour charters and allow you to experience what it’s like to hook your own Pacific Ocean fish. The perks of setting out on one of these adventures is having experienced guides assisting and providing you with proper equipment. Read more
Most of the tours depart from Nawiliwili Habor in Līhu‘e or Port Allen Harbor in ʻEle‘ele. The bonus about the location of these journeys is that you’ll get some exceptional views of the island including the possibility of seeing the inaccessible Nā Pali Coast. And if you’re especially lucky, depending on the time of year, you might see pods of Hawaiian humpback whales with their babies.
The best part about fishing on Kauai, however, is enjoying the fruits of your labor by getting to savor the exquisite taste of your own freshly caught Hawaiian seafood.
- From $89 - Snorkel cruise on Oahu's stunning Ko Olina coast with Hawaii Nautical
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $959
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,039
- Get up to 6 GPS audio tours for $29.99 with Shaka Guide! Tours available on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Big Island.
- Kaka'ako Kasuals' Kewalos reef walkers will stick with tiny explorers through every adventure!
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Souvenirs, clothes, Red Dirt shirts, buy 2 get 3rd item FREE
- From $1,739 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- $839 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Change the Way You See Hawaii with Shaka Guide GPS Tours!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- $1,519 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- From $1,259 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure