- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Fishing on Kauai
Kaua‘i offers some of the best sport fishing in the state. The reason is due to plunging ocean depths just off the coast that surround the island, giving enthusiasts an ideal opportunity to snag some of the most touted Pacific big game fish.
Deep sea fishing on Kauai can land a variety of species including the famed Hawaiian ‘ahi which actually consists of two different tuna species, yellowfin and bigeye. Other notable species found in Pacific waters that will earn you bragging rights include mahimahi, wahoo (ono), Pacific blue marlin and hebi (shortbill spearfish). Even though all of these fish are abundant year-round, there are seasons where certain species are more prevalent. Tuna, for example, is more likely to be caught during summer while marlin thrives in fall. Winter traditionally has the least number of fish while summer provides ample bounty.
The best way to fish on Kaua‘i is by accompanying professionals from one of the local tour companies like Captain Don’s Kaua‘i Sport Fishing or Ohana Fishing Charters. They invite visitors to hop on board one of their boats for four-, six- or eight-hour charters and allow you to experience what it’s like to hook your own Pacific Ocean fish. The perks of setting out on one of these adventures is having experienced guides assisting and providing you with proper equipment. Read more
Most of the tours depart from Nawiliwili Habor in Līhu‘e or Port Allen Harbor in ʻEle‘ele. The bonus about the location of these journeys is that you’ll get some exceptional views of the island including the possibility of seeing the inaccessible Nā Pali Coast. And if you’re especially lucky, depending on the time of year, you might see pods of Hawaiian humpback whales with their babies.
The best part about fishing on Kauai, however, is enjoying the fruits of your labor by getting to savor the exquisite taste of your own freshly caught Hawaiian seafood.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Enjoy Kauai's longest ride with Koloa Zipline or get dirty on an ATV Off Road Adventure!
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Paradise Air - Like Nothing Else On Earth - Starting at $180
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- Hawaiian Music, Rock, Pop, Reggae & Comedy at Blue Note
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 35% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- Best Whalewatch tour on Maui. Book and save 10%
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!