- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Sightseeing on Kauai
Kauai can be viewed by land, air or sea. Each provides a unique perspective of the verdant island and captures its exotic presence.
Sightseeing by Land
There is plenty to see even if your only option is a vehicle. While it may take more time to traverse, almost the entire periphery of the island can be viewed by car. The main highway forms a semicircle with ending points at two epic sunset locations, Ke‘e State Beach Park on the North Shore and Polihale State Park on the Westside. The entirety of the highway will take you through the quaint and charming towns of the island and treat you to dazzling shoreline views. One of the most spectacular sightseeing adventures by car, however, is Waimea Canyon State Park where you climb more than 3,000 feet and are greeted with several photo-worthy stops along the way. Read more
Sightseeing by Air
A bird’s eye view of the island is the only option that gets you up close and personal to the otherwise inaccessible peaks and valleys of the Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon – there is no other way to reach these geographical elevations. This is also the only opportunity you have to see Manawaiopuna Falls, the famed waterfall from “Jurassic Park.” In fact, some helicopter companies are even allowed to land here and visitors can get up close and personal to the several-hundred-foot-tall waterfall. Providing the weather is agreeable, you’ll also be treated to spectacular views of Mt. Waialeale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Sightseeing by Sea
For those with sea legs, there is no finer way to see the island. Plenty of ocean tours are available from catamarans to sail boats that take visitors around the remote stretches of beaches and valleys of the island. This is the only way you’ll get to plunge into the depths of the Na Pali Coast’s sea caves – providing the tide is just right. Touring by boat also allows you to see the massive fluted cliffs that dominate this landscape and get up close and personal with dolphins, sea turtles and if the season’s right, whales, along the way.
Sightseeing Tours Directory
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
- Drive, Walk, Hike, See, Smell, Feel & ABSORB Kauai's Most 'Picturesque' Locations with Kauai Photo Tours!
- Discover the tastes of Pacific Rim-inspired cuisine in a relaxed, open-air locale. The possibilities are endless at Kukui's on Kalapaki Beach
- Perfect Steaks. Perfect Drinks. Hand-Selected Pairings, Just Some Of Ruth's Many Talents. Join Us At Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Free golf with every stay!
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $69.95
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Paddle a canoe for your upcoming Maui trip
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10%
- A pair of BLT sliders are only $7 during happy hour at Tropics Tap House.
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii: SAVE 10% when booking 10 days in advance
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort. $229/night
- Try our new Paddle Board Rentals by the hour $25!