- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Sightseeing on Kauai
Kauai can be viewed by land, air or sea. Each provides a unique perspective of the verdant island and captures its exotic presence.
Sightseeing by Land
There is plenty to see even if your only option is a vehicle. While it may take more time to traverse, almost the entire periphery of the island can be viewed by car. The main highway forms a semicircle with ending points at two epic sunset locations, Ke‘e State Beach Park on the North Shore and Polihale State Park on the Westside. The entirety of the highway will take you through the quaint and charming towns of the island and treat you to dazzling shoreline views. One of the most spectacular sightseeing adventures by car, however, is Waimea Canyon State Park where you climb more than 3,000 feet and are greeted with several photo-worthy stops along the way. Read more
Sightseeing by Air
A bird’s eye view of the island is the only option that gets you up close and personal to the otherwise inaccessible peaks and valleys of the Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon – there is no other way to reach these geographical elevations. This is also the only opportunity you have to see Manawaiopuna Falls, the famed waterfall from “Jurassic Park.” In fact, some helicopter companies are even allowed to land here and visitors can get up close and personal to the several-hundred-foot-tall waterfall. Providing the weather is agreeable, you’ll also be treated to spectacular views of Mt. Waialeale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Sightseeing by Sea
For those with sea legs, there is no finer way to see the island. Plenty of ocean tours are available from catamarans to sail boats that take visitors around the remote stretches of beaches and valleys of the island. This is the only way you’ll get to plunge into the depths of the Na Pali Coast’s sea caves – providing the tide is just right. Touring by boat also allows you to see the massive fluted cliffs that dominate this landscape and get up close and personal with dolphins, sea turtles and if the season’s right, whales, along the way.
Sightseeing Tours Directory
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Nestled on 25-acres of sunny South Shore paradise, Koloa Landing is near world-famous Poipu Beach & some of the best dining & shopping on Kauai.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Kauai’s Real Dirt Shirts in Waimea, starting at $10
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Reserve your suite at ESPACIO and discover a rare and elegant luxury hotel experience unlike any other.
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Whale Watching season is ON @Ko Olina Ocean Adventures NOW!
- Maui Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Receive Military Discounts For Your Service
- $899 & up - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.