- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Surfing & SUP
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Sightseeing on Kauai
Kauai can be viewed by land, air or sea. Each provides a unique perspective of the verdant island and captures its exotic presence.
Sightseeing by Land
There is plenty to see even if your only option is a vehicle. While it may take more time to traverse, almost the entire periphery of the island can be viewed by car. The main highway forms a semicircle with ending points at two epic sunset locations, Ke‘e State Beach Park on the North Shore and Polihale State Park on the Westside. The entirety of the highway will take you through the quaint and charming towns of the island and treat you to dazzling shoreline views. One of the most spectacular sightseeing adventures by car, however, is Waimea Canyon State Park where you climb more than 3,000 feet and are greeted with several photo-worthy stops along the way. Read more
Sightseeing by Air
A bird’s eye view of the island is the only option that gets you up close and personal to the otherwise inaccessible peaks and valleys of the Na Pali Coast and Waimea Canyon – there is no other way to reach these geographical elevations. This is also the only opportunity you have to see Manawaiopuna Falls, the famed waterfall from “Jurassic Park.” In fact, some helicopter companies are even allowed to land here and visitors can get up close and personal to the several-hundred-foot-tall waterfall. Providing the weather is agreeable, you’ll also be treated to spectacular views of Mt. Waialeale, one of the wettest spots on earth.
Sightseeing by Sea
For those with sea legs, there is no finer way to see the island. Plenty of ocean tours are available from catamarans to sail boats that take visitors around the remote stretches of beaches and valleys of the island. This is the only way you’ll get to plunge into the depths of the Na Pali Coast’s sea caves – providing the tide is just right. Touring by boat also allows you to see the massive fluted cliffs that dominate this landscape and get up close and personal with dolphins, sea turtles and if the season’s right, whales, along the way.
Sightseeing Tours Directory
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $899
- 50% OFF Made in Hawaii Sanitizers, Sprays, Dots, Gallons with code HI50
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $879. for 6 nights
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,049
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99
- $849 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- From $639 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- RED DIRT SHIRT, Buy 2, Get 1 FREE!
- Shaka Guide: Choose from 21 Socially-Distanced Audio Tours
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee