- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Oahu
Hawaii’s island of Oahu, also known as the “gathering place,” perfectly fits its nickname, as its beauty and wealth of near endless activities attracts tourists from across the globe. From outdoor adventures to world class shopping and historical sites, we’ve “gathered” the top things to do in Oahu so that you won’t miss any of the magical moments this idyllic island affords.
When deciding what to do in Oahu, it’s always a good idea to start at the beginning—honoring Hawaii’s past by visiting its historical and cultural sites. Partake in the Polynesian Cultural Center’s authentic luau after visiting its Polynesian village exhibits, peruse the displays at Honolulu Museum of Art or Bishop Museum, or see how the Hawaiian royal family lived as you walk through the hallowed halls of Honolulu’s Iolani Palace.
For those who have served in the military, or who simply want to pay their respects for those who did, Pearl Harbor, including the USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and Arizona Memorial, is one of the best things to do in Oahu. Read more
Return to the present, and gift yourself with some stellar finds at any of Oahu’s world class shopping venues. Ranked among visitor favorites are the abundant options available at Ala Moana Shopping Center and Waikiki’s Royal Hawaiian Center. The Oahu enclaves of Kailua and Kaimuki also offer an eclectic array of charming boutiques and specialty shops.And after all that shopping, you may need to look for some free things to do in Oahu! Among the island’s cheap things to do—yet no less exciting—are those Oahu activities found outdoors. Surfing knows no equal here, and the North Shore waves are world famous. The crystal blue waters of Hawaii also offer great conditions for snorkeling (try Hanauma Bay or Sharks Cove), kitesurfing, swimming and scuba diving.Other cheap things to do in Oahu while enjoying nature are hiking or simply spending an enjoyable day with loved ones at the beach. Two of the most popular hikes on Oahu are Diamond Head Crater and Koko Crater trails. For beach going, Kailua Beach, Waimanalo Beach and of course, Waikiki and any of the North Shore stretches of sand are sure wins for fun things to do in Oahu. See our top 5 beaches on Oahu here.For those adventure seekers, several companies offer exciting helicopter tours, horseback riding excursions, boat tours and jeep or ATV tours to thrill you.
No matter which Oahu island activity you choose, you can’t lose!
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety Polynesian sugar cane
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Roberts Hawaii – Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour
During this captivating, wraparound adventure, you will be swept off…
Roberts One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu
Have a one-day adventure on a neighbor island of your…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- Superior room from $169/night: Maximize time & minimize worry with plenty of complimentary commuter-friendly services at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's award-winning, secret recipe, homemade sauces and doughs. Whole pizzas from $12.70 plus soups, salads and more!
- From $129 - Oahu Snorkel Sail: Snorkel at a calm & vibrant anchorage. In-water help by Lifeguard-certified crew. Breakfast, lunch and drinks included.
- Experience the famous North Shore Oahu shrimp plate at Giovanni's! All plates served with a dozen jumbo shrimp and 2 scoops of rice for $14.00!
- Enjoy Hawaiian hospitality and fun adventures from parasailing to stand-up paddle surfing! Room + $25 activity voucher package from $279/night
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- Our Friendly Grew Make the Difference - Jack’s Diving Locker
- Explore the Best Agriculture Tourism Destination in Hawaii
- Experience "farm-to-beach" dining @ Reef Bar & Market Grill!
- Enjoy an award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch on Maui!
- Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
More Activities You Might Like
Hawaii Shark Encounters Offer Up Close Experiences Off Of Haleiwa, Oahu
As the vessel Kainani throttled into neutral, 3 miles off…
Second Saturday at the Hawaii State Art Museum
Second Saturday at the Hawaii State Art Museum (HiSAM) is…