- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Oahu
Hawaii’s island of Oahu, also known as the “gathering place,” perfectly fits its nickname, as its beauty and wealth of near endless activities attracts tourists from across the globe. From outdoor adventures to world class shopping and historical sites, we’ve “gathered” the top things to do in Oahu so that you won’t miss any of the magical moments this idyllic island affords.
When deciding what to do in Oahu, it’s always a good idea to start at the beginning—honoring Hawaii’s past by visiting its historical and cultural sites. Partake in the Polynesian Cultural Center’s authentic luau after visiting its Polynesian village exhibits, peruse the displays at Honolulu Museum of Art or Bishop Museum, or see how the Hawaiian royal family lived as you walk through the hallowed halls of Honolulu’s Iolani Palace.
For those who have served in the military, or who simply want to pay their respects for those who did, Pearl Harbor, including the USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and Arizona Memorial, is one of the best things to do in Oahu. Read more
Return to the present, and gift yourself with some stellar finds at any of Oahu’s world class shopping venues. Ranked among visitor favorites are the abundant options available at Ala Moana Shopping Center and Waikiki’s Royal Hawaiian Center. The Oahu enclaves of Kailua and Kaimuki also offer an eclectic array of charming boutiques and specialty shops.And after all that shopping, you may need to look for some free things to do in Oahu! Among the island’s cheap things to do—yet no less exciting—are those Oahu activities found outdoors. Surfing knows no equal here, and the North Shore waves are world famous. The crystal blue waters of Hawaii also offer great conditions for snorkeling (try Hanauma Bay or Sharks Cove), kitesurfing, swimming and scuba diving.Other cheap things to do in Oahu while enjoying nature are hiking or simply spending an enjoyable day with loved ones at the beach. Two of the most popular hikes on Oahu are Diamond Head Crater and Koko Crater trails. For beach going, Kailua Beach, Waimanalo Beach and of course, Waikiki and any of the North Shore stretches of sand are sure wins for fun things to do in Oahu. See our top 5 beaches on Oahu here.For those adventure seekers, several companies offer exciting helicopter tours, horseback riding excursions, boat tours and jeep or ATV tours to thrill you.
No matter which Oahu island activity you choose, you can’t lose!
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
Atlantis Submarine – Waikiki
Atlantis Submarines has been sharing the magnificence of Hawaii’s undersea…
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Polynesian Cultural Center
Located on O‘ahu’s beautiful North Shore, the Polynesian Cultural Center…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- Taste the Flavors of Aloha with Aloha Shoyu. Try the Ginger Dressing or Katsu Sauce! Sign up for the Basic Annual Subscription and get a discount on your orders
- Moisturize dry skin & soothe muscle pain with Oils of Aloha. Get a FREE GIFT with all orders (while supplies last)
- Come enjoy the Farmers Market every Thursday from 2-6pm inside Waimea Valley Pavilion! Lots of unique local food and craft vendors from around the island.
- Flotation devices are extremely recommended in order to have a relaxing snorkeling experience!
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Receive Military Discounts For Your Service
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!
- Legends of Kaanapali Luau - starting from $105
- Castle Resorts Cyber Sale! Enjoy 35% Off!
- Save $20! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Kona
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- National Car Rental: Save with National
More Activities You Might Like
Duke’s OceanFest in Waikiki honors the legendary Duke Kahanamoku
Held every year in conjunction with Duke Paoa Kahanamoku's birthday,…
Hawaii Shark Encounters Offer Up Close Experiences Off Of Haleiwa, Oahu
As the vessel Kainani throttled into neutral, 3 miles off…
HAWAII’S SWEETEST HOLIDAY TREAT: THE ULTIMATE RUM CAKE by Kō Hana Rum and Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina
Just in time for the holidays, Kō Hana Distillers and…