- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Oahu
Hawaii’s island of Oahu, also known as the “gathering place,” perfectly fits its nickname, as its beauty and wealth of near endless activities attracts tourists from across the globe. From outdoor adventures to world class shopping and historical sites, we’ve “gathered” the top things to do in Oahu so that you won’t miss any of the magical moments this idyllic island affords.
When deciding what to do in Oahu, it’s always a good idea to start at the beginning—honoring Hawaii’s past by visiting its historical and cultural sites. Partake in the Polynesian Cultural Center’s authentic luau after visiting its Polynesian village exhibits, peruse the displays at Honolulu Museum of Art or Bishop Museum, or see how the Hawaiian royal family lived as you walk through the hallowed halls of Honolulu’s Iolani Palace.
For those who have served in the military, or who simply want to pay their respects for those who did, Pearl Harbor, including the USS Bowfin, USS Missouri and Arizona Memorial, is one of the best things to do in Oahu. Read more
Return to the present, and gift yourself with some stellar finds at any of Oahu’s world class shopping venues. Ranked among visitor favorites are the abundant options available at Ala Moana Shopping Center and Waikiki’s Royal Hawaiian Center. The Oahu enclaves of Kailua and Kaimuki also offer an eclectic array of charming boutiques and specialty shops.And after all that shopping, you may need to look for some free things to do in Oahu! Among the island’s cheap things to do—yet no less exciting—are those Oahu activities found outdoors. Surfing knows no equal here, and the North Shore waves are world famous. The crystal blue waters of Hawaii also offer great conditions for snorkeling (try Hanauma Bay or Sharks Cove), kitesurfing, swimming and scuba diving.Other cheap things to do in Oahu while enjoying nature are hiking or simply spending an enjoyable day with loved ones at the beach. Two of the most popular hikes on Oahu are Diamond Head Crater and Koko Crater trails. For beach going, Kailua Beach, Waimanalo Beach and of course, Waikiki and any of the North Shore stretches of sand are sure wins for fun things to do in Oahu. See our top 5 beaches on Oahu here.For those adventure seekers, several companies offer exciting helicopter tours, horseback riding excursions, boat tours and jeep or ATV tours to thrill you.
No matter which Oahu island activity you choose, you can’t lose!
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Atlantis Submarine – Waikiki
Atlantis Submarines has been sharing the magnificence of Hawaii’s undersea…
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Polynesian Cultural Center
Polynesian Cultural Center is temporarily closed until further notice Click…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- Cool off with Matsumoto's Shave Ice. Choose your own flavors and add ice cream or condensed milk for a sweet treat!
- Special Offer: $999 Big Island private dolphin tour for 10 people! Explore the beautiful Kona coast with an intimate private party
- Limited Time Offer: Rent a single kayak for a half day for only $45 or adventure for a full day for just $55!
- Shop Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen. Save 15% with code HAWAII15
- North Shore Macadamia Nut Company: Mac nuts and coffees free to sample! Visit our 2 acre sale site and garden at the North Shore end of Haleiwa town
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- From $1,319 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
More Activities You Might Like
Duke’s OceanFest in Waikiki honors the legendary Duke Kahanamoku
Held every year in conjunction with Duke Paoa Kahanamoku's birthday,…
Hā Ola Village fuses traditional Hawaiian culture with health and wellness
What if you could spend your trip to Hawai‘i learning…
Hawaii Shark Encounters Offer Up Close Experiences Off Of Haleiwa, Oahu
As the vessel Kainani throttled into neutral, 3 miles off…
HAWAII’S SWEETEST HOLIDAY TREAT: THE ULTIMATE RUM CAKE by Kō Hana Rum and Four Seasons Oahu at Ko Olina
Just in time for the holidays, Kō Hana Distillers and…