So Many Choices, So Little Time: Hawaii’s Most Popular Activities
Dolphins? Pearl Harbor? Helicopter tour? So many choices, so little time. Hawaii offers an abundance of unforgettable experiences. It’s all here for you. The hard part is deciding how to spend your precious days in paradise. Hawaii.com now offers you a convenient way to explore the best of the islands’ activities before you reach these sandy shores. Plus see Hawaii.com offers and discounts.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of the top activities, by island. Check it out and start planning your dream vacation. Hawaii is waiting for you!
Top Activities on Kauai
1) Na Pali Coast Boat Tour Explore the majestic Na Pali coast on your choice of the deluxe 60 foot “Lucky Lady” catamaran or for plenty of excitement and thrills try one of their world famous Raft adventures.
2) Waimea Canyon The Grand Canyon of the Pacific, Waimea Canyon offers superb hiking, photography, and sightseeing.
3) Movie & Kauai Tours Kauai is a place that sets the imagination soaring. Her extraordinary beauty and charm have been immortalized in dozens of Hollywood films and television shows and yet, there’s nothing like meeting the real thing.
4) Waterfall Helicopter Tour For the first time ever, visitors can now land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Steven Spielberg’s blockbuster movie ‘Jurassic Park’.
5) Zipline or ATV Adventure Koloa Zipline is the premier zipline on Kauai. The course consists of 8 lines and lasts approximately 3.5 hours.
Top 5 Activities on Oahu
1) Pearl Harbor/USS Missouri Relive the dramatic series of events that unfolded on Dec. 7, 1941, during this daylong tour of Pearl Harbor, the USS Arizona Memorial, USS Battleship Missouri, Pacific Aviation Museum and USS Bowfin Museum. A key turning point of World War II, the attack on Pearl Harbor remains one of the most significant events in US history.
2) Polynesian Cultural Center The Polynesian Cultural Center, which attracts 1 million visitors a year, is the state’s top paid visitor attraction. It has earned its reputation many times over.
3) Grand Circle Island Tour Get to know Hawaii from the inside out with an all-day tour that circles the entire island, covering 120 miles of Oahu’s best sightseeing spots.
4) Dolphin Excursions Swimming with the dolphins is an event that is certain to make your day, if not your entire vacation!
5) Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay The most popular place to snorkel on Oahu is Hanauma Bay, and for good reason – it’s a marine sanctuary!
Top 5 Activities on Maui
1) Haleakala Downhill Bike Ride About the only thing that tops the view from the summit of Maui’s 10,000-foot volcano is flying down its slopes on a bicycle.
2) Molokini Snorkel If you’re itching to try out your underwater gear in a place teeming with marine life, Molokini is a hot ticket stop.
3) Heavenly Hana Tour Visit Hana, a cultural treasure in East Maui accessible via a narrow, winding road marked by tiny 59 bridges, wildly gorgeous foliage and waterfalls.
4) Haleakala Sunrise Haleakala, a massive shield volcano that rises 10,023 feet above Maui’s coastal areas, is an enormously popular and easily accessible visitor destination.
5) Maui Ocean Center Rounding the corner into the Living Reef at the Maui Ocean Center is like stepping into a psychedelic fishbowl.
Top 5 Activities on the Big Island
1) Volcano and Island Tour This sweeping tour of the Big Island serves to highlight its most popular sightseeing spots, from the world’s most active volcano to the second largest cowboy ranch in the United States.
2) Paradise Helicopter Adventure Experience lava, rainbows, waterfalls and authentic Hawaii.
3) Stargazing on Mauna Kea Mauna Kea is one of the clearest places on the planet for viewing the night sky and offers a rare opportunity to experience the polar tundra in Hawaii.
4) Kona Snorkeling Tour Set sail down the beautiful Kona Coastline aboard our spacious 50 foot catamaran the “Hokuhele.”
5) Manta Ray Night Snorkel “One of the top then things to do in your lifetime,” according to The Travel Channel.
Enjoy your adventures! Make every moment count.
- Rental Cars