Things To Do on Maui
Maui locals are often asked if they ever get “island fever.” After all—living full time on a tropical island must eventually get boring, right?
As it turns out, there are so many things to do in Maui it isn’t really a problem. From the moment the sun rises above Haleakala Crater, to when it sets off Ka‘anapali Beach, the island is rich in outdoor adventure and opportunities to explore.
Just take a look at the ocean activities found all across the island. Many of the best things to do on Maui are either out—or under—the waves, and between surfing, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bodysurfing, kitesurfing, or fishing, there’s always an activity to match the wind and wave conditions for that day.
On shore, waterfall hunters and swimming hole seekers can travel the Road to Hana—one of the top 10 things to do on Maui for visitors and locals alike. Take a dip beneath Twin Falls or explore Wai‘anapanapa Caves, and a sunrise soak at the Pools of Ohe‘o is the ultimate Hana escape. Read more
Finally, for some visitors (and even locals), one of the top things to do in Maui is simply spend a day shopping, in which case Pai‘a, Makawao, and Lahaina are the island’s best spots for gifts.
While eating the delicious food from the buffet, sweet Hawaiian music is heard in the background, the sun begins to set
Zipline through Mauis Tropical Plantation in Waikapu and end near Ma‘alaea Harbor.
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Children 12 and under are free with paying adult when you book online!
- Plan your next special event at world-famous Kaanapali Beach! Indoor & outdoor venues available for meetings, banquets, family reunions & more!
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $195/nt
- Black Friday Week Deal! Fully-Escorted Ultimate Hawaii 4 Island Tour, 13-Days from $1499* - Save $1200 Per Couple! Tour Oahu, Kauai, Maui, & Hawaii
- Royal Lahaina Paradise Plus Pkg: Daily breakfast, Luau, $50 food & beverage credit, rental car, & more! $400/nt
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Save Big on Sunny Side Up Pacakge
- Charter a private Hawaiian sailing canoe - $575 (up to 6)!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- MAUI LUAU: Free Child w/ paying Adult when you book online!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Take in glorious sunsets at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort!
- See the most scenic areas of Oahu in one day. From $95