- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Maui
Maui locals are often asked if they ever get “island fever.” After all—living full time on a tropical island must eventually get boring, right?
As it turns out, there are so many things to do in Maui it isn’t really a problem. From the moment the sun rises above Haleakala Crater, to when it sets off Ka‘anapali Beach, the island is rich in outdoor adventure and opportunities to explore.
Just take a look at the ocean activities found all across the island. Many of the best things to do on Maui are either out—or under—the waves, and between surfing, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bodysurfing, kitesurfing, or fishing, there’s always an activity to match the wind and wave conditions for that day.
On shore, waterfall hunters and swimming hole seekers can travel the Road to Hana—one of the top 10 things to do on Maui for visitors and locals alike. Take a dip beneath Twin Falls or explore Wai‘anapanapa Caves, and a sunrise soak at the Pools of Ohe‘o is the ultimate Hana escape. Read more
Finally, for some visitors (and even locals), one of the top things to do in Maui is simply spend a day shopping, in which case Pai‘a, Makawao, and Lahaina are the island’s best spots for gifts.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $909
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka'i in Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $879
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- From $1,069 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- From $929 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Plan for your 2021 Maui Vacation
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali