Things To Do on Maui
Maui locals are often asked if they ever get “island fever.” After all—living full time on a tropical island must eventually get boring, right?
As it turns out, there are so many things to do in Maui it isn’t really a problem. From the moment the sun rises above Haleakala Crater, to when it sets off Ka‘anapali Beach, the island is rich in outdoor adventure and opportunities to explore.
Just take a look at the ocean activities found all across the island. Many of the best things to do on Maui are either out—or under—the waves, and between surfing, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bodysurfing, kitesurfing, or fishing, there’s always an activity to match the wind and wave conditions for that day.
On shore, waterfall hunters and swimming hole seekers can travel the Road to Hana—one of the top 10 things to do on Maui for visitors and locals alike. Take a dip beneath Twin Falls or explore Wai‘anapanapa Caves, and a sunrise soak at the Pools of Ohe‘o is the ultimate Hana escape. Read more
Finally, for some visitors (and even locals), one of the top things to do in Maui is simply spend a day shopping, in which case Pai‘a, Makawao, and Lahaina are the island’s best spots for gifts.
Grandeur, majesty, vastness. Haleakalas energy is intense and ethereal, and its absolutely silent
Week Journey Pass, Stingray Lunch Menu in the Seascape Ma’alaea Restaurant, Souvenir Cup, Souvenir Photo Package
Musical extravaganza playing to standing ovations for over 13 years at the state of the art Maui Theatre in Lahaina
An exciting and colorful presentation of the Polynesians from Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Rarotonga, New Zealand and Samoa
Spinner and bottlenose dolphins are often encountered off the island of Lanai with lots of tropical reef fish
Four line zip features some of our fastest and longest lines on the mountain
Enjoy the beautiful & rugged coastlines contrasted with spectacular mountain vistas
We let out 600, 800, or 1200 ft., of line to give you breathtaking views of Maui and the neighboring islands
The ocean tide has brought many changes to these shores and yet Te Au Moana is the one constant part of every islander’s life
Hawaiian music, arts & crafts, torch lighting ceremony and finally the imu ceremony, the unveiling of the main dish – Kalua Pua’a
Come and experience the raw and natural beauty of old Hawai’i. Discover the Adventures Hidden on Maui
Relax with Aloha, in an enjoyable, casual cocktail party atmosphere
- Sit back, relax, & enjoy a quiet neighborhood setting at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night, just a few miles from Lahaina and Kaanapali.
- From $1,377 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nights w/Air, Car Rental, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Treat your sweatheart with a 3-night ocean-front accommodations at Kaanapali Beach, Hawaiian lomi lomi massage, dinner cruise, champagne and more.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Share the love in Hawaii! Register for Wedding Wings and enjoy discounted fares!
- Indulge in the award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch on Maui
- Honolulu Cookie Company introduces Guava shortbread cookies!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Add breakfast to your stay & save 20% at Royal Kona Resort
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $149/night!
- A beachfront hideaway on Kauai's pristine north shore!
- Volcano, Maunakea and Waterfall Tours starting at $129!
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation