- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Maui
Maui locals are often asked if they ever get “island fever.” After all—living full time on a tropical island must eventually get boring, right?
As it turns out, there are so many things to do in Maui it isn’t really a problem. From the moment the sun rises above Haleakala Crater, to when it sets off Ka‘anapali Beach, the island is rich in outdoor adventure and opportunities to explore.
Just take a look at the ocean activities found all across the island. Many of the best things to do on Maui are either out—or under—the waves, and between surfing, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bodysurfing, kitesurfing, or fishing, there’s always an activity to match the wind and wave conditions for that day.
On shore, waterfall hunters and swimming hole seekers can travel the Road to Hana—one of the top 10 things to do on Maui for visitors and locals alike. Take a dip beneath Twin Falls or explore Wai‘anapanapa Caves, and a sunrise soak at the Pools of Ohe‘o is the ultimate Hana escape. Read more
Finally, for some visitors (and even locals), one of the top things to do in Maui is simply spend a day shopping, in which case Pai‘a, Makawao, and Lahaina are the island’s best spots for gifts.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,309
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $879
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $15
- $859 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- From $1,089 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure