- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Things To Do on Maui
Maui locals are often asked if they ever get “island fever.” After all—living full time on a tropical island must eventually get boring, right?
As it turns out, there are so many things to do in Maui it isn’t really a problem. From the moment the sun rises above Haleakala Crater, to when it sets off Ka‘anapali Beach, the island is rich in outdoor adventure and opportunities to explore.
Just take a look at the ocean activities found all across the island. Many of the best things to do on Maui are either out—or under—the waves, and between surfing, snorkeling, diving, canoeing, bodysurfing, kitesurfing, or fishing, there’s always an activity to match the wind and wave conditions for that day.
On shore, waterfall hunters and swimming hole seekers can travel the Road to Hana—one of the top 10 things to do on Maui for visitors and locals alike. Take a dip beneath Twin Falls or explore Wai‘anapanapa Caves, and a sunrise soak at the Pools of Ohe‘o is the ultimate Hana escape. Read more
Finally, for some visitors (and even locals), one of the top things to do in Maui is simply spend a day shopping, in which case Pai‘a, Makawao, and Lahaina are the island’s best spots for gifts.
- Are you an Amazing Maui Babe? Shop now for the best tanning lotions, sunscreen, & skincare products at Maui Babe! Get free shipping on all US orders $30 and more.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Learn the hula, make a lei, talk story with our cultural specialist... Make your Maui vacation a cultural immersion
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,039. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- $829 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by "It's A Hawaii Thing" Hosts.
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- From $1,119 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount