Dining on Maui
Don’t leave Maui without savoring some of the island’s harvests and popular delicacies. Even locals fervently await the summer season when the clusters of green mangoes on the neighborhood trees ripen to a reddish yellow hue. Check out our farmers’ market guide and pick up fresh lilikoi or passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya directly from their growers. Other must-try foods include ahi tuna poke, musubi and shave ice. Local restaurant chefs are also leading Maui’s dynamic culinary movement to showcase homegrown ingredients and sustainable practices.
Maui is the place to visit if you have a sweet tooth. All visitors must make a stop at Tasaka Guri-guri for Maui’s most popular treat: the famous guri-guri. It is a cross between ice cream and sherbet, in either strawberry or pineapple flavors. It is still served the way it has been for the last century: in a paper cup with a wooden spoon. Read more
Down The Hatch & Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Due to rising concerns of COVID-19, eating out may not be possible in Hawaii at this time. But you can still support local restaurants! Some are open and provide take-out and/or delivery services. Down the Hatch’s delicious food is available for take out from the restaurant everyday. Call in to pick up (808) 661-4900 Down…
11 New Maui Restaurants That Are Now Local...
There are some things on Maui that never change, like…
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $889
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,129
- Book now for inshore fishing trip & whale watch with UFO Parasail Maui $99+
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- 15% Off kayak rentals from Kailua Beach Adventures with code "Kailua"
- Island Helicopters is Kauai’s premiere helicopter tour!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: the home of hula, art and culture!
- Plan for your 2020 Maui Vacation
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $114.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!