Dining on Maui
Don’t leave Maui without savoring some of the island’s harvests and popular delicacies. Even locals fervently await the summer season when the clusters of green mangoes on the neighborhood trees ripen to a reddish yellow hue. Check out our farmers’ market guide and pick up fresh lilikoi or passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya directly from their growers. Other must-try foods include ahi tuna poke, musubi and shave ice. Local restaurant chefs are also leading Maui’s dynamic culinary movement to showcase homegrown ingredients and sustainable practices.
Maui is the place to visit if you have a sweet tooth. All visitors must make a stop at Tasaka Guri-guri for Maui’s most popular treat: the famous guri-guri. It is a cross between ice cream and sherbet, in either strawberry or pineapple flavors. It is still served the way it has been for the last century: in a paper cup with a wooden spoon. Read more
Down the Hatch & Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Down The Hatch Down the Hatch was established in 2015 by three childhood friends from Georgia. After years of living in Maui, and working in the service industry, Javier, Dave, & Julian decided to open a seafood restaurant & bar catering to the community and guests of this beautiful island with their own unique style…
11 New Maui Restaurants That Are Now Local...
There are some things on Maui that never change, like…
Moose McGillycuddy’s & Fred’s...
Moose McGillycuddy’s Serving the Hawaiian islands for over 35 years,…
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka`i in Ka`anapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,459
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $235/nt
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Tropical Tantrum - hand painted batik Hawaiian clothing
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Explore exclusive, private waterfalls from $118!
- A circle-island Oahu tour is only $118 with Island and You!
- Hawaiian Music, Rock, Pop, Reggae & Comedy at Blue Note
- BAKER'S DOZEN SPECIAL from Hamakua Mac Nut Company-SHOP NOW!
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms