Dining on Maui
Don’t leave Maui without savoring some of the island’s harvests and popular delicacies. Even locals fervently await the summer season when the clusters of green mangoes on the neighborhood trees ripen to a reddish yellow hue. Check out our farmers’ market guide and pick up fresh lilikoi or passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya directly from their growers. Other must-try foods include ahi tuna poke, musubi and shave ice. Local restaurant chefs are also leading Maui’s dynamic culinary movement to showcase homegrown ingredients and sustainable practices.
Maui is the place to visit if you have a sweet tooth. All visitors must make a stop at Tasaka Guri-guri for Maui’s most popular treat: the famous guri-guri. It is a cross between ice cream and sherbet, in either strawberry or pineapple flavors. It is still served the way it has been for the last century: in a paper cup with a wooden spoon. Read more
Down The Hatch & Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Due to rising concerns of COVID-19, eating out may not be possible in Hawaii at this time. But you can still support local restaurants! Some are open and provide take-out and/or delivery services. Down the Hatch’s delicious food is available for take out from the restaurant everyday. Call in to pick up (808) 661-4900 Down…
11 New Maui Restaurants That Are Now Local...
There are some things on Maui that never change, like…
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,029
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Explore one of the top aquariums in the world! Visit Maui Ocean Center for an authentic marine experience. Day, Week & Annual passes from $29.95/adult
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Experience Nutridge: Four hours of interactive activities!
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $969 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult