Dining on Maui
Don’t leave Maui without savoring some of the island’s harvests and popular delicacies. Even locals fervently await the summer season when the clusters of green mangoes on the neighborhood trees ripen to a reddish yellow hue. Check out our farmers’ market guide and pick up fresh lilikoi or passion fruit, dragon fruit, and papaya directly from their growers. Other must-try foods include ahi tuna poke, musubi and shave ice. Local restaurant chefs are also leading Maui’s dynamic culinary movement to showcase homegrown ingredients and sustainable practices.
Maui is the place to visit if you have a sweet tooth. All visitors must make a stop at Tasaka Guri-guri for Maui’s most popular treat: the famous guri-guri. It is a cross between ice cream and sherbet, in either strawberry or pineapple flavors. It is still served the way it has been for the last century: in a paper cup with a wooden spoon. Read more
Down the Hatch & Breakwall Shave Ice Co.
Down The Hatch Down the Hatch was established in 2015 by three childhood friends from Georgia. After years of living in Maui, and working in the service industry, Javier, Dave, & Julian decided to open a seafood restaurant & bar catering to the community and guests of this beautiful island with their own unique style…
11 New Maui Restaurants That Are Now Local...
There are some things on Maui that never change, like…
Moose McGillycuddy’s & Fred’s...
Moose McGillycuddy’s Serving the Hawaiian islands for over 35 years,…
- Save $30 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg with four rounds of golf per stay, club rentals and cart! $339/nt
- See why Hawaii Ocean Project is home to Maui's most booked tours for 35 years! BOOK NOW!
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- From $79 - Kona Whales-Guaranteed powerboat cruises
- RIDE Horseback, Double Zipline & more-starting at just $119!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $259/nt
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Over Pizza! Med. pizza + soup/salad
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical mini golf!
- Snorkel with wild dolphins for only $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Kō Hana Distillery - $25