- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
The Top Things to Do on Kauai: You Can’t Miss These Kauai Activities
Have you ever wanted to swim with green sea turtles or zip line through a rainforest? Adventures like these are among the many things to do on Kauai. From hopping in a canoe and paddling up the Wailua River to sailing across the Nā Pali Coast on a sunset tour, the number of fun things to do on Kaua‘i abound for nature lovers and thrill seekers alike.
Visiting Waimea Canyon is one of the top ten things to do on Kaua‘i and is a must for anyone that has a rental car and the time to visit this Westside gem. But there are plenty of other equally remarkable journeys that can be taken, even if you’re short on time, and the best part is they don’t cost a penny. Because the island is so naturally pristine, the types of scenery you can feast your eyes on ranges from easily accessible waterfalls like ‘Opaeka‘a Falls in Wailua to divine seascapes that don’t even require you to get out of the car. Read more
Finding out what to do on Kaua‘i is easy. Just ask your concierge or any number of kama‘aina (residents) that live in the area you’d like to explore and they will provide you with the most knowledgeable information. Kama‘aina are especially aware of the best things to do on Kaua‘i that don’t cost money like hiking or relaxing beachside; they’ll be able to inform you which beaches are the best to swim like Pō‘ipu Beach and which hikes are most beautiful like the Kalalau trail.For the more athletically-inclined, water sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and surfing, are other popular things to do on Kaua‘i. You can rent equipment at an hourly rate or even sign up for classes.Exploring the inaccessible parts of the island, however, require that you book a tour. This is the only way you’ll get to view majestic locations like Honopū Valley that can only be seen by boat or helicopter, or discover unchartered territory like Kipu Kai beach which can only be seen by way of ATVs. These group activities are an especially attractive option for visitors.
So whether you want to lounge poolside with a mai tai or plunge through the forest on an ATV, it’s a breeze finding things to do on Kaua‘i.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Ho‘opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
ATTENTION: SEVERE FLOODING Please pray for everyone affected by the…
Horseback at Princeville Ranch Adventures
Princeville Ranch‘s 2,500 acres run from the mountains to dramatic…
Kauai ATV Tour with Kipu Ranch Adventures
Who’s afraid of a little dirt? Not you? Excellent! Sometimes…
Zipline at Princeville Ranch Adventures
Harness up. Clip in. Get your adrenaline pumping with thrilling…
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,249
- Nutrient Dense Hawaiian Cascara Juice Made with Nature's Best Kept Secret from KonaRed - SHOP NOW
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,459
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Oven Pizza - Get a medium 1-topping pizza to share & a cup of soup or tossed salad each! Enjoy award-winning pizza!
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Experience tradition from farm to cup. Buy 100% Kona Coffee.
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $180.96!
- Shop KonaRed Coffee, Cascara Juice + Coffee Fruit Syrup!
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- From $200: Napali Coast tour + forbidden island snorkel
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Enjoy “huki pau” specials at Harbor Restaurant at Pier 38!
- West Maui Cycles bike rentals as low as $8.50 per day!
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW