The Top Things to Do on Kauai: You Can’t Miss These Kauai Activities
Have you ever wanted to swim with green sea turtles or zip line through a rainforest? Adventures like these are among the many things to do on Kauai. From hopping in a canoe and paddling up the Wailua River to sailing across the Nā Pali Coast on a sunset tour, the number of fun things to do on Kaua‘i abound for nature lovers and thrill seekers alike.
Visiting Waimea Canyon is one of the top ten things to do on Kaua‘i and is a must for anyone that has a rental car and the time to visit this Westside gem. But there are plenty of other equally remarkable journeys that can be taken, even if you’re short on time, and the best part is they don’t cost a penny. Because the island is so naturally pristine, the types of scenery you can feast your eyes on ranges from easily accessible waterfalls like ‘Opaeka‘a Falls in Wailua to divine seascapes that don’t even require you to get out of the car. Read more
Finding out what to do on Kaua‘i is easy. Just ask your concierge or any number of kama‘aina (residents) that live in the area you’d like to explore and they will provide you with the most knowledgeable information. Kama‘aina are especially aware of the best things to do on Kaua‘i that don’t cost money like hiking or relaxing beachside; they’ll be able to inform you which beaches are the best to swim like Pō‘ipu Beach and which hikes are most beautiful like the Kalalau trail.For the more athletically-inclined, water sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and surfing, are other popular things to do on Kaua‘i. You can rent equipment at an hourly rate or even sign up for classes.Exploring the inaccessible parts of the island, however, require that you book a tour. This is the only way you’ll get to view majestic locations like Honopū Valley that can only be seen by boat or helicopter, or discover unchartered territory like Kipu Kai beach which can only be seen by way of ATVs. These group activities are an especially attractive option for visitors.
So whether you want to lounge poolside with a mai tai or plunge through the forest on an ATV, it’s a breeze finding things to do on Kaua‘i.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Ho`opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
Ho`opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill is a 501c(3) nonprofit agrarian museum…
Island Helicopters, Kauai
3 Fantastic TOURS! 1 Fantastic COMPANY (Kauai-owned and operated): EXCLUSIVE…
Kauai ATV Tour with Kipu Ranch Adventures
Who’s afraid of a little dirt? Not you? Excellent! Sometimes…
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $999
- See the Napali Coast by boat and snorkel in the cobalt waters of Niihau. Get $15 off per person when you book online at least 1 day in advance!
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- Join the KonaRed® e-newsletter to get the latest specials and updates about the Hawaiian Coffeeberry® superfruit!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation on CruiseDirect & Save!
- Whales are here! Join us for a Whale Encounter at Kaanapali
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Experience traditional Hawaiian sailing - $135 per person!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Private Pearl Harbor + Oahu tour (4-24 people) from $699.99!
- Hale Huaka‘i - your ocean adventure starts here!
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and save BIG!
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- See the tallest sea cliffs in the world for $169 per person!
- Save $45! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Kona
More Activities You Might Like
Play Cowboy on Princeville Ranch
Princeville Ranch‘s 2,500 acres run from the mountains to dramatic…