Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had about eating in Hawaii; the Islands offer much more than poi and pineapple! Connect with Farmers, Chefs and Restaurants on a Kauai Food Tour Tasting Kauai proves island dining can be an exhilarating, educational adventure. The company offers five guided tours that connect you with…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is…
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $959
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Save 15% on Shaka Guide’s Island Tour Bundles. Use Code Hawaiidotcom15 and book on www.shakaguide.com.
- Rediscover Maui in a newly renovated Premium room plus dine at the newest beachfront restaurant on island.
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- From $1,259 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- $839 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $1,129 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!
- $1,519 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99