Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kokee Lodge – Restaurant, Bar and Shop
When journeying toward the West Side of Kauai, you will find yourself beckoned by the cool and mystifying mountains of Kokee. While the emerald foliage and amber sunshine are enough to entice anyone to visit these peaks, another gem found in these mountains is the Kokee Lodge. Serving local favorites such as the loco mocos…
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- From 50% off per night: Get away and relax at this Kapaa hideaway with breezy beach accommodations at Lae Nani Resort Kauai by Outrigger
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,399
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,129
- Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. Enjoy room rates from 43% off.
- FREE CABIN UPGRADE! 12 days Ocean View Cabin from only $2199, Aug 31 departure - Hawaiian Island Cruise & Tour – Cruise Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Hawaii
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- From $159 - Dive Oahu's wrecks, caves and reefs
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Savor delectable American fare with an island vibe at The Lanai
- 10% Off: Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Hawaii Ocean Project: Maui's most booked tours for 35 years!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- 17-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,599 on Holland America Line
- Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Tour on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!