Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Best New Kauai Restaurants and Eateries
You can’t visit Kaua‘i without trying out some of the fresh, local food the island has to offer. Sure, there are the usual restaurant staples that continue to please visitors’ palates, but every year new establishments pop up around the island that are worth trying out. Scorpacciata This mobile restaurant makes regular appearances at different…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Join the KonaRed® e-newsletter to get the latest specials and updates about the Hawaiian Coffeeberry® superfruit!
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. Enjoy room rates from 43% off.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Hotel Coral Reef, Kauai - Reserve one of our beautiful OCEANFRONT rooms for four nights, and get the 5th night for $109!
- Escape to Oahu's secret island beach & enjoy kayaking & more
- Book rooms at Lae Nani Resort Kauai by Outrigger
- From $1,093 - 6 Nts. Oahu, Kauai & Maui Island Hopping w/Air
- In-house guests: Voyagers of the Pacific Luau show fr $72
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Honolulu Cookie Company introduces Guava shortbread cookies!
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Experience the story of the Horse in Hawaii: show price $49+
- Award-winning Chinese cuisine a in Chinatown ambiance.
- Royal Lahaina Package: luau, dinner cruise, & more! $369/nt