Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is home to a range of microclimates. Rainforests dripping with precipitation and dry cactus-laced coastlines make the island an exclusive location for harvesting a variety of food. Chefs have the privilege of using purple sweet potatoes, green beans, mango and lychee to spruce up their dishes,…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,194. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates.
- 2018 Specialty Calendars from Japan, available at Iida’s. Phone orders welcome. Free expert packing. Shop today!
- The Kohala Coast is THE spot for whale watching-BOOK NOW $85
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $250/nt
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- 15% off our Best Available Rates - Coconut Waikiki Hotel!
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- Spend New Year's Eve with Kenny G at Blue Note Hawaii!