Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is home to a range of microclimates. Rainforests dripping with precipitation and dry cactus-laced coastlines make the island an exclusive location for harvesting a variety of food. Chefs have the privilege of using purple sweet potatoes, green beans, mango and lychee to spruce up their dishes,…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
Best New Kauai Restaurants and Eateries of 2016
You can’t visit Kaua‘i without trying out some of the…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Reserve your Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March) with Kauai sea Tours and Save $10 off each ticket
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Take an air tour of the tallest sea cliffs in the world! Book the Splendorous Sea Cliffs of Molokai tour with Mokulele Airlines for $169 per person.
- EXTRA $300 OFF for June 15 departure- 12 days from $167/per day - Hawaiian Island Cruise & Tour – Cruise Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Hawaii
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding adventure for the whole family at Silver Falls Ranch! Must call to book and mention Hawaii.com.
- From $149/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Waikiki Escape - 35% off ultra-luxurious accommodations!
- Relaxed Surf Luxury, Easy Booking and Access to our Lowest rates.
- Enjoy The Kapalua Villas Maui from 56% off!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $485/nt
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Start Your Vacation with Aloha! Book an Airport Lei Greeting
- Starting from $309+, enjoy ocean view from your room
- 5th night free at Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach. From $168