Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kukui’s on Kalapaki Beach
Kukui’s on Kalapaki Beach is located on the island of Kauai at the Marriott Resort in Lihue. Kukui’s is poolside and faces the picturesque Kalapaki Bay. The view cannot be beat- your eyes will feast on the blue of the ocean while you enjoy a fabulous meal prepared by Chef Higa. Serving breakfast, lunch and…
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,039. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $789. for 6 nights
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Use the code 2020VISION to save $20 per person on Dolphins and You tours when you book by 3/31.
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- See the island of Lanai! 4x4 Trekker Tour from $186
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Receive Military Discounts For Your Service
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee