Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Best New Kauai Restaurants and Eateries
You can’t visit Kaua‘i without trying out some of the fresh, local food the island has to offer. Sure, there are the usual restaurant staples that continue to please visitors’ palates, but every year new establishments pop up around the island that are worth trying out. Scorpacciata This mobile restaurant makes regular appearances at different…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- $659+ Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay: 3 nights with air. Includes 5-Day FREE car rental, FREE Wi-Fi, FREE parking PLUS Kids 17 & younger stay FREE
- From $1,093 - 6 Nights Island Hopping: Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air, Hotel & Breakfast. Spend 2 Nights on each island
- Fresh sushi made to order, a nice selection of fully cooked dishes, and a fun dining experience for the kids - all under one roof at Genki Sushi.
- From 50% off per night: Get away and relax at this Kapaa hideaway with breezy beach accommodations at Lae Nani Resort Kauai by Outrigger
- Fully-Escorted 13-Day, Four Island Tour from $1,399
- How the Horse became part of Hawaiian culture: Show fr $49
- Waikiki’s Magic of Polynesia Show – Was $59 NOW $50.50
- From $1,165 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt. Self-Drive w/Air
- Little Village Noodle House - Award winning Chinese cuisine!
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $840 Per Person
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Eggs 'n Things ' pancake mix and syrups available online!
- From $96 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- From $1,269 - Oahu, Kauai & Big Island 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- 4th Nt Free + Brkf for 2 at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows.