Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kokee Lodge – Restaurant, Bar and Shop
When journeying toward the West Side of Kauai, you will find yourself beckoned by the cool and mystifying mountains of Kokee. While the emerald foliage and amber sunshine are enough to entice anyone to visit these peaks, another gem found in these mountains is the Kokee Lodge. Serving local favorites such as the loco mocos…
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,019
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Waimea Plantation Cottages on Kauai. Authentic, modernized 1 to 5-bedroom charming cottages on 43 acres of oceanfront. Vacations from $209/night.
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour - 12 Days now from only $1,999! SAVE $1,100 per couple on select departures!
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on O`ahu & Save 10%
- Celebrate Mother's Day with Sunday Champagne Brunch for moms
- Satisfy your cravings at Aloha Cookie Connection!
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Explore Waikiki by all-terrain Hoverboard tour from $89!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Get a Baker's Dozen from Hamakua Mac Nut Company! SHOP NOW!