Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Best New Kauai Restaurants and Eateries
You can’t visit Kaua‘i without trying out some of the fresh, local food the island has to offer. Sure, there are the usual restaurant staples that continue to please visitors’ palates, but every year new establishments pop up around the island that are worth trying out. Scorpacciata This mobile restaurant makes regular appearances at different…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Escape to the Big Island, Kauai & Maui: 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & Transfers from $1,136
- Kauai Sea Tours can take you where others can't! Explore the Na Pali Coast's remote Nualolo Kai beach and ancient site. Book online - Save $10!
- Make it a group adventure and fly through Kauai's longest zipline - $139pp for up to 12 guests.
- Take an air tour of the tallest sea cliffs in the world! Book the Splendorous Sea Cliffs of Molokai tour with Mokulele Airlines for $169 per person.
- $1,136 & up - Big Island, Kauai & Maui Island Escape; 6-Nts w/Air, Hotels & Transfers
- Hawaii Kai Towne Center holds Halloween Spooktacular, Oct. 28
- NEW! Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach - free breakfast w/ PKGAWA
- 10% OFF KonaRed® Hawaiian Coffeeberry® products: code OHANA
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- Create the ocean front wedding of your dreams, fr $1975+ tax
- Relaxed Surf Luxury, Easy Booking and Access to our Lowest rates.
- Island-hop vacation fr $939; see the Big Island & Oahu