Dining on Kauai
No matter what part of the island you’ve chosen to stay during your tropical vacation, there are a variety of dining options from food trucks with International fare to local establishments that have been serving traditional grinds for decades.
Authentic island-style meals consist of a pan-Asian influence. Almost any order you make in this genre will come with a large portion of white rice like the loco moco where the starch is layered with a hamburger patty, fried eggs and gravy. This meal is what kama‘aina (Hawai‘i residents) like to have for breakfast and popular spots to try this are the no frills Tip Top Café and Bakery in Lihu‘e or Wake Up Café in Hanalei. If you’re looking for something to fill you up a little later in the day, then other local plate lunch options might be right up your alley. These dishes consists of another whopping portion of white rice topped with your choice of meat like Kalua Pig or Chicken Katsu and typically come with a side of potato salad. Pono Market in Kapa‘a and Mark’s Place in Lihu‘e are almost always bursting at the seams with customers and are excellent choices for local cuisine. Read more
Food trucks are another dining option that is gaining popularity on Kaua‘i, particularly in Kapa‘a where you will discover a number of these meals on wheels. For the best eclectic experience, check out Kaua‘i Beer Company on Thursday evenings for its crowd-pleasing Truck Stop Thursday where at least two food trucks park in front of the local brewery on Rice Street in Lihu‘e every week. You can imbibe in local beer while feasting on food truck specialties – a winning combination.
Kokee Lodge – Restaurant, Bar and Shop
When journeying toward the West Side of Kauai, you will find yourself beckoned by the cool and mystifying mountains of Kokee. While the emerald foliage and amber sunshine are enough to entice anyone to visit these peaks, another gem found in these mountains is the Kokee Lodge. Serving local favorites such as the loco mocos…
Kauai Cuisine: Eating Good on the Garden Isle
Kaua‘i’s more than 500 square miles of ‘āina (land) is…
8 New Standout Restaurants on Kauai
Sprinkled throughout the gorgeous vistas of the Garden Isle are…
Tasting Kauai – An Exhilarating, Educational...
Put aside any pre-conceived notions that you might have had…
- Island Feet specializes in orthotic footwear and is committed to fixing your foot problems. FREE foot analysis at their Maui location - SHOP NOW!
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Don’t miss the boat - Save $10 and see Dolphins (Whales Dec-March) with Kauai Sea Tours
- Enjoy Kauai's longest ride with Koloa Zipline or get dirty on an ATV Off Road Adventure!
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Surfs up with Dive Oahu and Surf! 1-hour lessons $125!
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- BAKER'S DOZEN SPECIAL from Hamakua Mac Nut Company-SHOP NOW!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- $35 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Experience all of Oahu for $104 with the code "love"!
- SHOP orthotic footwear at Island Feet!