Getting Around Hawaii
To really experience all that Hawaii offers, you should consider renting a car. Reserve your rental vehicles in advance because quantities can be limited on some islands. See what you need to know on our driving tips pages.
- Oahu Driving Tips & Rental Rates
- Maui Driving Tips & Rental Rates
- Kauai Driving Tips & Rental Rates
- Big Island (Hawaii) Driving Tips & Rental Rates
- Molokai Driving Tips & Rental Rates
By Bus & Shuttles
Many visitors also enjoy taking bus tours to conveniently explore the Islands. There’s no need to worry about where to go, just sit back and enjoy the scenery! On Oahu, circle the island on TheBus. On the Big Island, hop on the Hele-On. Shuttles, taxis and public transport are also available on most islands. On Maui, catch the Shopping Express around town.
Taking a cruise is one of the best ways to experience all the islands in a single trip. The Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) cruise ship runs throughout the whole year and stops on all four major islands: Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
Flight times from Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Oahu to
- Lihue Airport (LIH), Kauai: 30 minutes
- Kahului Airport (OGG), Maui: 30 minutes
- Kapalua-West Maui Airport (JHM), Maui: 30 minutes
- Molokai Airport (MKK), Molokai: 20 minutes
- Lanai Airport (LNY), Lanai: 25 minutes
- Kona International Airport (KOA), Hawaii’s Big Island: 45 minutes
- Hilo International Airport (ITO), Hawaii’s Big Island: 50 minutes
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Hawaii.com points program on hold beginning February 1, 2021
The hawaii.com rewards points program, which includes the weekly "find…
Old Lahaina Luau reopens with emphasis on safety, tradition, authenticity
Tradition and authenticity remain at the heart of Old Lahaina…
- Rental Cars