Win a trip to Hawaii!
Sign up for a FREE account for chances to win a trip to Hawaii, travel deals, and more.
Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This blissfully undeveloped Maui town is home to "Big Beach" and "Little Beach."
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Once Prevalent Ohia Lehua Blossoms Will be Scarce at the Merrie Monarch Festival This Year
As the annual Merrie Monarch Festival approaches, a collaboration of…
Merrie Monarch 2017 is Just Around the Corner
The blood, sweat and tears of hundreds of hula dancers,…
Travel Discounts & Specials
Get discounts on Hawaii hotels, vacation packages and more from Hawaii.com, right in your email inbox — it's FREE!
- Rental Cars
- $815+ Hilton Waikoloa Village®: 3 nights with air. Includes 5-Day FREE car rental PLUS Kids 18 & younger stay FREE
- Superior room from $169/night: Maximize time & minimize worry with plenty of complimentary commuter-friendly services at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg: Daily breakfast, Luau, private dinner, $150 food & beverage credit, & more! $485/nt
- 20% off our Best Available Rates, complimentary WiFi, and NO resort fee when you book direct with Shoreline Hotel Waikiki!
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- 28-day dry aged Porterhouse Steak at Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Free samples with every Bubble Shack Hawaii order!
- Seniors save 10% at Trump International Hotel Waikiki!
- It?s EPIC & SUITE: save $104 for your Jr Courtyard Suite pkg
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- HAPPY HOUR 50% OFF SUSHI AND PUPUS
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Sweet 60: Sweet Offer for seniors at Kaanapali Beach Hotel!