Win a trip to Hawaii!
Sign up for a FREE account for chances to win a trip to Hawaii, travel deals, and more.
Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This remote beach on Kauai's west side is known for its white sands and stellar sunsets.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Hawaii Moments: Photo Submissions 02.17.17
Hawaii Moments: Photo Submissions 02.17.17 Photo 1 of 177 Previous…
Liliuokalani Gardens: Hilo’s Japanese Garden by the Sea
If it weren’t for three women, one of Hilo’s most…
Travel Discounts & Specials
Get discounts on Hawaii hotels, vacation packages and more from Hawaii.com, right in your email inbox — it's FREE!
- Rental Cars
- FREE Macadamia Nuts with ANY Go Ramble grocery order! Simply mention “My Macadamia Nuts” during checkout and enjoy!
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $310/nt
- Little Village Noodle House - Award winning Chinese cuisine! Traditional Chinese flavors with a local twist. Appetizers from $3.95.
- Sit back, relax, & enjoy a quiet neighborhood setting at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night, just a few miles from Lahaina and Kaanapali.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Volcano, Maunakea and Waterfall Tours starting at $129!
- Limited-time offer: $200 for 60-min massage & 60-min facial
- Save 15% on your intimate wedding at Paradise Bay Resort
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Experience the islands only tree-to-tree canopy adventure!
- From $1,318 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Discover naturally beautiful Big Island from only $139/night
- Vacation in Waikiki from only $219/night.