Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This little town on Maui’s north shore was once best known for being the last stop on the road to Hana.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York
- New York-JFK
- New Jersey
- Washington DC
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- From $825 - Oahu & Maui Island Hopping 6 Night Trip Incl. Air, Hotel, Transfer & Taxes
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $340/nt
- Save Big on Castle Resorts' Island of Hawaii from $90/night
- From $934 Big Island & Kauai 6-Night Flexible Vacation w/Air, Hotels, Flight Transfer & Breakfast
- Aloha! Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii with rates starting at $169 per night!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Up To $750 Resort Credit, Buffet Breakfast & 4th Nt Free!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Hawaiian Discovery Horseback Rides on Kauai from just $99!
- Get 2 Rooms for 1 Price with Daily Breakfast Buffet for 2!
- Experience POWERED Hang Gliding Over Oahu’s North Shore!
- Save $10 on Piiholo Zipline Maui When You Book Direct
- 4th Night Free, Daily Breakfast & Up to $1,000 Resort Credit
- Big Island Airplane Circle Island Tour Featuring Volcano at $345!