Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: These gentle Hawaiian reptiles are listed under the U.S. Endangered Species Act in 1978.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort - $305
- Save big on Hotels in Hawaii starting at $78!
- Enter promo code OHANA for FREE shipping on your next order of KonaRed Hawaiian CoffeeBerry® superfruit juices and CoffeeBerry® products!
- From $1,035 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Night Self-Drive w/Air, Car Rental, Flight Transfer, Hotels & Taxes
- From $1,091 - Oahu, Maui & Hilo 6-Night Vacation w/Air, Hotels, Flight Transfers & Breakfast
- CLIMB Works Keana Farms Zipline - 3 hour guided tour: $169
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tours on all islands starting from $148.50.
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- Scenic Oahu Helicopter Tours & More 50% OFF!
- Big Island 9-Line Zipline Tour & SAVE 10% with 7 day advance booking!
- Relive Elvis in Hawaii with Burn'n Love - Now open in Waikiki
- Big Island Volcano Tours - $40 Off Per Adult Couple!
- Hawaiian Discovery Horseback Rides on Kauai from just $99!
- Royal Kona Experience Package with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $275/nt.
- RideTheRim unforgettable ATV adventure tour of Waipio Valley $179!!!