Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This town is best known for hosting the annual Merrie Monarch Festival.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $49.95
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Hawaii or Oahu
- Enjoy a personal Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Fly through Kauai’s longest zipline course featuring 8 different lines - $139 per person for up to 12 guests.
- Aloha! Stay at Hilton Waikoloa Village in Hawaii with rates starting at $169 per night!
- Explore paradise at the Kona Seaside Hotel starting at $100
- $106 & Up: Last Minute Summer Sale on 375+ Maui & Kauai Condos
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tours on all islands starting from $148.50.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Big Island Airplane Circle Island Tour Featuring Volcano at $345!
- 10% OFF private, guided tour of Kauai on a Harley Davidson
- Sea Paradise's Kona Manta Ray Night Snorkel Tour from $102!
- 3rd Nt Free & Stunning Ocean Views at the Gateway to Waikiki