Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This town is located on the North Shore of Kauai and once had the largest guava plantation in Hawaii.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- Save 25% when you add breakfast and car to your stay with Royal Kona Resort
- DoubleTree by Hilton Alana Waikiki Hotel - $249
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- From $1,095 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Night Self-Drive w/Air, Car Rental, Flight Transfer, Hotels & Taxes
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- 4th Night Free! Huge 1- & 2- bdrm Suites Adjacent to Golf
- Experience authentic cuisine at Malee Thai on Keeaumoku St.!
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- 4th Night Free at Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki!
- Atlantis Submarine Adventure Maui $115 - NOW $105 Online!
- Atlantis Submarine Adventure Kona $115 - NOW $105 Online!
- Exclusive Hawaii Vacation Rentals - Best Price Guarantee!
- Explore paradise at the Maui Seaside Hotel starting at $115
- Get a 4th Night Free at Waikiki Marina Resort at the Ilikai
- Enjoy cocktails 19 stories above the beach at SKY Waikiki.