Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: Poi and lau lau are two common products of this plant and considered Hawai`i delicacies.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- $100 OFF Tandem Jump for Skydiving
- From $1,093 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club - $286
- Save Big on Castle Resorts' Island of Hawaii from $90/night
- 2015 Babymoon Package from $1014 at Kaanapali Beach Hotel
- Experience Kauai’s longest zipline for $139
- Castle Resorts' Historic Island of Oahu from $112 per night
- Pirates spotted sailing off Waikiki - climb aboard from $42!
- Exclusive Hawaii Vacation Rentals - Best Price Guarantee!
- Big Island 9-Line Zipline Tour & SAVE 10% with 7 day advance booking!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $120 including Lunch!
- 4th Night Free, Daily Breakfast & Up to $1,000 Resort Credit
- Kaanapali Beach Hotel - 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757
- Discover Castle Resorts' Island of Kauai from $89 a night
- Relive Elvis in Hawaii- Show tickets starting at $39