Find the pineapple and win 5,000 points!
Tip: This town is located on the North Shore of Kauai and once had the largest guava plantation in Hawaii.
Flying to Paradise
By Hawaii.com Team
With more flights and connections than ever before, Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu is Hawaii’s major airport — serving as the entry point for most of Hawaii’s visitors. Most major domestic carriers and many international carriers serve Oahu, so you can get here from just about anywhere.
An average flight time between Hawaii and the West Coast is approximately 5 hours, give or take a half hour depending upon conditions.
Major Hawaii Gateway Cities in North America
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas-Fort Worth
- New York-JFK
Although there are direct flights from North America to Hawaii’s smaller islands of Maui, Kauai and the Big Island, most travelers still need to connect through Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport to get to the neighbor islands, particularly when visiting the tiny islands of Lanai and Molokai which have no long-distance service.
Leading North American Carriers to Hawaii
- Alaska Airlines
- Air Canada
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
- WestJet (Canada)
Click on any of the airlines above to learn more about their Hawaii service including where they fly from in North America as well as what islands and airports they fly to within the 50th State.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Maui’s Kahului airport (OGG) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Lihue, Kauai (LIH) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Kailua-Kona on Hawaii’s Big Island (KOA) include Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines and WestJet.
Airlines that travel from North America direct to Hilo on Hawaii’s Big Island (ITO) include Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines.
For more information on Hawaii airports, click on the links below.
- Honolulu International Airport (Oahu)
- Maui Airports
- Big Island Airports
- Molokai Airports
- Arrival & Departure FAQs
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recommended for You
- Enjoy a Dolphin Duo package for 2 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- 2015 Simply Simple Package for just $757 at Kaanapali Beach Hotel
- Best of the Beach package just $1287 - 4 nights at Kaanapali Beach Hotel
- Romance Package just $1639 - 4 nights at Kaanapali Beach Hotel
- Save 20% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Kona Resort
- Big Island Volcano Tours - $40 Off Per Adult Couple!
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $120 including Lunch!
- Happy Hour at Il Lupino, every day from 12:00pm to 6:30pm
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Zipline North Shore at CLIMB Works Keana Farms: $169/person
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Experience authentic cuisine at Malee Thai on Keeaumoku St.!
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!