- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $199
- HAWAII SCUBA DIVING! Explore the coast of Oahu with dives on wrecks, reefs, and even discover the ocean at night! Rates as low as $149!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center. Remember your vacation with a dangle hula dancer.
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Private Pearl Harbor + Oahu tour (4-24 people) from $699.99!
- Enjoy Hawaiian Music, Dance & Food @Maui’s Huaka‘i Luau
- Explore Waikiki by all-terrain Hoverboard tour from $89!
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Tour Oahu's most awe-inspiring landmarks. From $53+
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- From $79 - Kona Whales-Guaranteed powerboat cruises
- Private lanai in all rooms! BOOK NOW