- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
Explore shipwrecks, snorkel with turtles and so much more with Aqua Zone Waikiki.
- Immerse yourself Hawaii's top must-do attraction: Pearl Harbor- visit the Arizona Memorial & the USS Missouri Battleship as low as $49
- Hawaiian music, pop, rock, reggae, R&B and even comedy – experience live performances in Hawaii’s award-winning nightclub.
- Come watch the Friday Night Fireworks while sailing on the beautiful waters of Waikiki with Mana Kai Catamaran! $45 Friday Fireworks Sail - BOOK NOW!
- Swim with Dolphins without the crowds!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Seats sell out quickly @ Kauai Sea Tours: Book Today-$10 off
- Fish for tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Visit Pearl Harbor with Hawaii's top tour company! As low as $49
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- Celebrate your Sweet 60's with this Maui vacation package!
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Try our new Paddle Board Rentals by the hour $25!
- See the best of Oahu on a Circle Island Sightseeing Tour