- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
- From $129 - Oahu Snorkel Sail: Snorkel at a calm & vibrant anchorage. In-water help by Lifeguard-certified crew. Breakfast, lunch and drinks included.
- Come catch tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms for only $15! Food truck is available every day for cooking your fresh catch!
- Shop Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen. Save 15% with code HAWAII15
- Kaku's Sushi & Buffet - Waikiki's First Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet! Enjoy crab legs, prime rib & much more!
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- Visit Maui Ocean Center! Passes start at $29.95 per adult
- Kauai’s Real Dirt Shirts in Waimea, starting at $10
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- 15% Off kayak rentals from Kailua Beach Adventures with code "Kailua"
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $15
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical