- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
- Treat yourself to Mike's Huli Chicken in Kahuku! To enjoy the flavor of our meat at home, order Mike's Huli Chicken Sauce! $20 for 2 bottles
- Join the Ohana (family) Native Hawaiians at Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun and truly unforgettable cage dive with sharks on the North Shore! Starting at $95
- Hawaiian music, pop, rock, reggae, R&B and even comedy – experience live performances in Hawaii’s award-winning nightclub.
- Find everything under the sun at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace! $1 admission per person and Kids 11 & under FREE!
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Get Best Prices For Our Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Maui four-course Sunset Dinner Cruise. Book & Save 10%
- The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Best Whalewatch tour on Maui. Book and save 10%
- See the island of Lanai! 4x4 Trekker Tour from $180.96!
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo