- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
Farm to bottle. Small batch, single variety, hand crafted Hawaiian Agricole Rum. Visit the Farm and Take the Tour!
- Experience KOKOLEKA by Ko Hana, a premium blend of heirloom sugar cane rum, raw honey and pure cacao all grown and harvested here in Hawaii ($55).
- Web-Direct Exclusive: 45% off Waikiki Hotel Resort stay plus free breakfast buffet for two. Save additional $32 daily!
- Swim with dolphins in their natural habitat in Oahu! Book your tour this February with the code "love" for $14 off per person.
- Book direct with Waikiki Resort Hotel for the best rates, exclusive discounts and added values. BOOK NOW!
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,049
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- $35 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- Surfs up with Dive Oahu and Surf! 1-hour lessons $125!
- Life Vest/Flotation Device Rentals for $5!
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!