- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Sports on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water sports on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water sports available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring water sports on Oahu, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others.
Seafaring vessels are involved in a number of Oahu water activities as well, with various boat trips offered by island tour companies setting the scene for an all-inclusive ocean adventure. Among the most popular of these excursions include everything from romantic sunset cruises to deep sea fishing treks, whale watching outings, and more.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Water Sports Directory
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun & unforgettable cage dive!
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- Island and You is a full day circle-island tour, packed with some of Oahu’s best sights and plenty of delicious Hawaiian food. BOOK NOW!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Book Now! Dolphin Excursions tour with lunch included for $140 only.
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,219
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- $1 admission per person to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet!
- SAVE when you book a Snorkel by day, Luau by night package!
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Save $10: Book your Na Pali catamaran adventure online!
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!