- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Book direct with Waikiki Resort Hotel for the best rates, exclusive discounts and added values. BOOK NOW!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $1,199
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $199
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 15 Nt Princess Cruise from $1,399
- BAKER'S DOZEN SPECIAL from Hamakua Mac Nut Company-SHOP NOW!
- Tour Oahu's most awe-inspiring landmarks. From $53+
- Discover the epic creation story of the Hawaiian Islands!
- HAPPY HOUR 50% OFF SUSHI AND PUPUS
- AAA, Military and Senior discounts for your Maui vacation!
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Discover unparalleled offerings at Alohilani Resort, Waikiki