- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Web-Direct Exclusive: 45% off Waikiki Hotel Resort stay plus free breakfast buffet for two. Save additional $32 daily!
- Kids Aquatic Adventure at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $199
- Dine on imported Italian cheeses and hand-cut meats paired with Italian and Domestic wine selections. Make your reservation at Il Lupino
- Limited Time Offer: Experience a 2.5 hour Guided Kayak Tour from the world-famous Kailua Beach to Popoi’a Island for only $115.
- Immerse yourself into an exclusive Farm to Forest Experience, exploring West Oahu’s historic sites, stories, people and food. Starting at $170!
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Sunset Sail with appetizers + comp champagne for $89!
- Save 20%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Kona Resort
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Explore exclusive, private waterfalls from $118!