- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
- Only with Island Helicopters can visitors land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park.
- Waikiki's First Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet! Enjoy crab legs, prime rib & much more at Kaku's Sushi & Buffet
- Don’t forget to rent Umbrellas and Beach Chairs because Hanauma Bay is perfect to hang out all day!
- Perfect Steaks. Perfect Drinks. Hand-Selected Pairings, Just Some Of Ruth's Many Talents. Join Us At Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Get SAME-DAY entrance to Waimea Valley with your ticket purchase! Package prices start at $98.
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $1,099! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Snorkel by day, Luau at night! Combo starting at $215.
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt