- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Experience the underwater wonderland of scenic Hanauma Bay, the most popular snorkel place.
A professionally-trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Sailboards and Kayak's Beachside Center.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! Up to 25% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $859. for 6 nights
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,099
- Air & room packages starting from $1,129. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99
- From $519 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu