- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- From $129 - Oahu Snorkel Sail: Snorkel at a calm & vibrant anchorage. In-water help by Lifeguard-certified crew. Breakfast, lunch and drinks included.
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Find everything under the sun at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace! $1 admission per person and Kids 11 & under FREE!
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for an unforgettable experience.
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- UFO Parasail Kona - Book online & SAVE 10% on Parasailing!
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!