- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
Plan a birthday party for kids and get $50 off when you book on a weekday (Mon-Thurs).
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Porterhouse Steak ($109.95 for two): served tender, juicy, and sizzling at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in Waikiki
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $939
- When the sun goes down, the party gets started at Blue Note. Come see why locals have voted this music venue #1 in the state, three years in a row.
- Take an adventure out of busy Waikiki to Oahu's beautiful North Shore! Snorkeling, paddle boarding, beautiful beaches, waterfalls, local food & more!
- It’s a NEVER-ENDING Summer at Castle Resorts & Hotels! Save up to 30% OFF! For Stays Now until 12/15/2019!
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Visit the Most Charming Cacao Farm in America & Save 10%!
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- $1,199 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- $969 & up - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $114.99 - BOOK NOW!