- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Oahu
Hanauma Bay sees more than 10,000 visitors a day, nearly all coming to snorkel at the pristine marine sanctuary that’s home to more than 300 species of fish. It’s not the only place to snorkel around Oʻahu, though. And you don’t always need a guide to show you the way.
Snorkeling is a must-do activity when you visit any of the Hawaiian Islands, simply because there are fish species that can only be seen here. For the best snorkel experience, hop a catamaran snorkel tour from nearby Kewalo Basin (a mile from Waikiki) and set out for Turtle Canyon and other offshore reef spots.
For those wanting the most memorable experience, a day trip with a dolphin snorkel off the Wai‘anae coast is strongly urged. And if you’re a thrill seeker, a shark dive snorkel (snorkelers are in a cage) off the north shore coast can’t be beat. Both are memorable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Reefs are typically better further out from the shore where the water is clear and the fish plentiful. Wherever you go — even when shore snorkeling — know that it is common to see giant honu (green sea turtles), he‘e (octopus), moray eels, goatfish, puffer fish, butterfly species of fish and, yes, even the humuhumunukunukuāpua‘a (trigger fish).
Year-round, Lanikai Beach on the windward side is a premier spot for shoreline snorkelers. From the fine, white sand beach, visitors can stare out at the thousands of reefs that dot the sandy bottom in the pristine water. It’s a great place for families to snorkel and swim.
There is also a kayak and snorkel tour to Coconut Island (from “Gilligan’s Island” fame), which entails a three-hour tour — or more.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Experience the underwater wonderland of scenic Hanauma Bay, the most popular snorkel place.
A professionally-trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Sailboards and Kayak's Beachside Center.
On our signature Coral Crater Zipline tour, your guides will lead you through 3 ziplines ranging from 300 to 900 feet!
- Shop Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen. Save 15% with code HAWAII15
- Visit the famous Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on Oahu's North Shore! All plates are served with a dozen jumbo shrimp and 2 scoops of rice for $14.00!
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Change the Way you See Hawaii with Shaka Guide’s GPS audio driving tours! It’s like having a tour guide in your car.
- Socially-Distanced Audio Tours starting at $4.99! All Shaka Guide tours offer turn-by-turn directions to popular sites and local gems.
- $849 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $79 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Best Luau in Maui
- From $779 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- From $879 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure