- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Shark Encounters on Oahu
Maybe you’ve done the snorkeling and scuba diving yet you’d like a bigger thrill. Having an up-close-and-personal shark encounter may be exactly what you’re looking for. Get ready to feel humble in the presence of one of nature’s most perfect predators.
The North Shore of Oahu is where the shark encounter tours originate, usually from Haleiwa Harbor. As you head off the coast, other marine life such as Hawaiian green sea turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales during the migration season. Sharks can be seen from the vessel and guests have the choice of going into the shark cage, a secure enclosure to view sharks through near the surface of the water.
The cage, which floats on the surface of the water, is designed to keep sharks out, not capture them. You’ll be in a cage with plexiglass windows, maybe nose to nose with a shark, but definitely out of harm’s way. These multi-sensory creatures, which predate dinosaurs and have been around for at least 350 million years, are as fascinating as they are dangerous. Read more
Shark Encounters Directory
Sample heirloom sugarcane rum at Kō Hana Rum Distillery
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
- Kō Hana Rum Tasting Tour features one of the word's finest pure cane rums made from heirloom variety Polynesian sugar cane. Book your tour ($25)
- 10-Night Hawaii Cruise from $922 on Royal Caribbean International. Departs from Honolulu, Oahu
- 12-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,499 on Celebrity X Cruises. Departs from Honolulu, Oahu
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages From $199 Per Room Night!
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- 10-Night Hawaii Cruise from $922, on Royal Caribbean.
- FREE Gratuities, up to $203/couple - 12 Day Cruise & Tour!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Snorkel with wild dolphins for only $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $149/night!
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.