- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Shark Encounters on Oahu
Maybe you’ve done the snorkeling and scuba diving yet you’d like a bigger thrill. Having an up-close-and-personal shark encounter may be exactly what you’re looking for. Get ready to feel humble in the presence of one of nature’s most perfect predators.
The North Shore of Oahu is where the shark encounter tours originate, usually from Haleiwa Harbor. As you head off the coast, other marine life such as Hawaiian green sea turtles, dolphins, and humpback whales during the migration season. Sharks can be seen from the vessel and guests have the choice of going into the shark cage, a secure enclosure to view sharks through near the surface of the water.
The cage, which floats on the surface of the water, is designed to keep sharks out, not capture them. You’ll be in a cage with plexiglass windows, maybe nose to nose with a shark, but definitely out of harm’s way. These multi-sensory creatures, which predate dinosaurs and have been around for at least 350 million years, are as fascinating as they are dangerous. Read more
Shark Encounters Directory
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Dolphins! Whales! Turtles! And More! Snorkel and Nature Cruises available daily for as low as $99!
- When the sun goes down, the party gets started at Blue Note. Come see why locals have voted this music venue #1 in the state, three years in a row.
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,089
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Visit the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace for unique Hawaii-inspired souvenirs. Admission is $1 per person and Kids 11 & under FREE!
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 35% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- The largest studios & villas on Kauai starting at $389/night
- Experience epic volcanic landscapes on Haleakala with Sunrise, Summit, and Sunset Bike and Vehicle Tours
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $115 pp
- SAVE $30 at Jack Harter Helicopters - BOOK NOW
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $279/nt