- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
Also a great option for travelers stoked for swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Dolphin Excursions, a company also operating on Oʻahu’s west shore and showcasing a popular 3-hour dolphin tour where clients may opt to either survey the species from the dry safety of a boat or splash around with them in the sea.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
Capture memories that last a lifetime. Get 10% off family photos with promo code: HAWAII
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Kaku's Sushi, Waikiki: All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet with crab legs, prime rib & much more!
- SAVE 10% OFF when purchasing 10 days in advance! Kama'aina & U.S. Military upgrade for just $21 more and get unlimited visits now to Dec. 31, 2019.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Visit the Most Charming Cacao Farm in America & Save 10%!
- Snorkel and SUP on the North Shore on an exciting Beach Bus Adventure!
- Royal Kona Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car & parking! $299/nt
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $1,999! SAVE $350pp
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau