- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
Also a great option for travelers stoked for swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Dolphin Excursions, a company also operating on Oʻahu’s west shore and showcasing a popular 3-hour dolphin tour where clients may opt to either survey the species from the dry safety of a boat or splash around with them in the sea.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Explore everything the greater Waikiki area has to offer! 8am-5pm
Enjoy the Tree-to-Bar Cacao & Chocolate Experience! Local, Mil & Hawaii.com Discounts!
Come catch tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms.
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Book Now! Dolphin Excursions tour with lunch included for $140 only.
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- Island and You is a full day circle-island tour, packed with some of Oahu’s best sights and plenty of delicious Hawaiian food. BOOK NOW!
- Experience a Curated Cacao Orchard Tour & Craft Chocolate Tasting Experience at Oahu’s only cacao farm tour! Save 10% with code HICOM
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour 6/3 date $2,099! SAVE $450pp
- Private Pearl Harbor + Oahu tour (4-24 people) from $699.99!
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!