- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
Also a great option for travelers stoked for swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Dolphin Excursions, a company also operating on Oʻahu’s west shore and showcasing a popular 3-hour dolphin tour where clients may opt to either survey the species from the dry safety of a boat or splash around with them in the sea.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Capture your special day forever. Get 10% off weddings with promo code: HAWAII
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
- Ko Hana Rum Tasting Tour features one of the word's finest pure cane rums made from heirloom variety Polynesian sugar cane. Book your tour ($25)
- Join the Ohana (family) Native Hawaiians at Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun and truly unforgettable cage dive with sharks on the North Shore! Starting at $95
- Stay at the Imperial Hawaii Resort, just steps away from Waikiki Beach in the heart of the city’s dining, shopping and entertainment epicenter.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- From $79 - Kona Whales-Guaranteed powerboat cruises
- From farm to bottle: $25 Tasting Tour of Ko Hana Agricole Rum Distillery
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour from $1,999! SAVE $250pp
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $499/nt
- $929 & up - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- From $1,459 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels