- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
The unanimous consensus, when polling those in the know, is that the calm and clear waters along the island’s Waiʻanae coast—including the concentrated areas of Makua Bay, Pokai Bay, and Kahe Point, particularly in the early morning hours—are the ideal locales to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu, as spinner dolphins especially are known to gather here often.These western waters are, for this reason, among the most popular to host guided dolphin tours in Oʻahu. Listed below are the most exciting dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, each boasting various options for those visiting and eager to interact with these magical aquatic mammals.
A great option for travelers interested in swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Hawaii Dolphin, showcasing a three-hour tour where clients may opt to either survey the dolphins, sea turtles, and more from the dry safety of the boat or jump in and enjoy some ocean water activities. Hawaii Dolphin also offers private charters, a great way to safely enjoy Hawaii’s ocean and marine life with your family and friends. Bring your own snacks and drinks to keep you refreshed and ready for the adventure that awaits you with Hawaii Dolphin.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun & unforgettable cage dive!
Special Offer: Oahu private charter tours starting from $599! Choose from swimming with dolphins, sunset cruises, ocean activities & more
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- FREE standard U.S. shipping on orders of $50 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Visit the famous Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on Oahu's North Shore! All plates are served with a dozen jumbo shrimp and 2 scoops of rice for $14.00!
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,419
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Experience Nutridge: Four hours of interactive activities!
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military