- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
Also a great option for travelers stoked for swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Dolphin Excursions, a company also operating on Oʻahu’s west shore and showcasing a popular 3-hour dolphin tour where clients may opt to either survey the species from the dry safety of a boat or splash around with them in the sea.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Capture memories that last a lifetime. Get 10% off family photos with promo code: HAWAII
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
- Scuba Dive in Hawaii! No experience necessary! Swim with turtles, sharks, octopus and more! FREE Waikiki hotel pick-up & gear rental. $149.
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $909
- Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean with Paradise Helicopters! Prices start at $189 per person.
- SAVE 50% off an exciting Hoverboard Tour of Waikiki! Discover Hawaii’s beauty, history, and culture by all-terrain Hoverboard. Book now code BESTDEAL!
- Enjoy the Premier Experience for 3 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Book a Volcano Air Tour with Mokulele for $499 per person!
- Find unique & local-made items at our Ku’ono Waiwai store
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Try our new Paddle Board Rentals by the hour $25!
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Private Pearl Harbor + Oahu tour (4-24 people) from $699.99!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Exclusive Oahu Farm to Fork to Forest experience! From $170.
- From $79 - Kona Whales-Guaranteed powerboat cruises