- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Dolphin Encounters on Oahu
For many travelers, a visit to the idyllic island paradise of Hawaiʻi just wouldn’t be complete without capitalizing on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim with dolphins on Oʻahu. There are three main species of Naiʻa, the Hawaiian term for dolphins, that exist in the islands: spinner dolphins (the most common, known to frolic in daytime pods near shore), spotted dolphins (more often found among the channels between the islands versus nearer shore), and bottlenose dolphins (differentiated due to their much larger size and muted gray hue).
Unlike tropical whale watching, whose sightings tend to be more seasonal based on migration, Hawaiʻi dolphin encounters, including dolphin snorkels, as well as the chance to actually go swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu, are offered (and common) year-round. And although dolphins may be seen in the wild among many (if not most) of the waters surrounding the island, there are hosted dolphin excursions on Oʻahu, where one may better hedge their bets to ensure the chance to behold—and interact with—these beautiful beings in their natural habitats. Read more
Also a great option for travelers stoked for swimming with dolphins on Oʻahu is Dolphin Excursions, a company also operating on Oʻahu’s west shore and showcasing a popular 3-hour dolphin tour where clients may opt to either survey the species from the dry safety of a boat or splash around with them in the sea.
Whichever dolphin excursion you decide to choose, swimming with these extraordinary mammals among the magical waters of Oʻahu is a memory that will last a lifetime.
Dolphin Encounters Directory
Pure cane rums made from heirloom variety sugarcane brought to Hawaii by Polynesian explorers
$20 Snorkel Set with Mask, Snorkel Tube and Fins and free ride to the Bay!
- Enjoy the Premier Experience for 3 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Discover 42 acres of endless Polynesian adventure. Book our Ali'i Lu'au Package and save over $50! Visit polynesia.com or call 808-293-3333 today!
- Save 15%: Snorkeling the reefs off Kailua and Lanikai Beach on Oahu is a unique experience not to be missed. Use promo code
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $929
- Touch, Swim with, and even Kiss a Dolphin!
- See and taste Oahu’s best sights and food for just $118!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Island Feet are happy feet! Orthotic footwear - SHOP NOW!
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- From $1,349 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt