- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Use code SPORTFISH50 for $50 OFF a private fishing charter.
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- $290/night - Unrivaled ocean view accommodations at the all new Alohilani Resort in Waikiki! Plus $50 resort credit. Book and travel by 12/21
- SAVE $900 per couple! Departs December 5 – Fully escorted Ultimate Hawaii 4 Island – 13 Day Tour now from only $1,799!
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Oven Pizza - Get a medium 1-topping pizza to share & a cup of soup or tossed salad each! Enjoy award-winning pizza!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $129.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Ko Hana Rum Tasting Tour features one of the word's finest pure cane rums made from heirloom variety Polynesian sugar cane. Book your tour ($25)
- Explore the Best Agriculture Tourism Destination in Hawaii
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Umauma Falls Zipline: SAVE 10% w/ 7 day advance booking! Code: HAW10
- Island Feet are happy feet! Orthotic footwear - SHOP NOW!
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Get on a snorkeling tour to Black Rock!
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Get $10 off or a free child ticket on a submarine adventure!
- 5% OFF the all new Alohilani Resort, Waikiki!
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount