Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Take in this scenic afternoon cruise. Views of the Honolulu Skyline, Waikiki’s towering hotels, and the famed Diamond Head
Sail off the coast of Oahu and enjoy awesome views of Waikiki, Diamond Head and much more
Book a shark tour and watch a school of sharks swimming with you.
Experience a traditional Hawaiian luau that recaptures the “Spirit of Old Hawaii”
Teaching surf lessons to people of all ages and experience levels.
- Sun, sand, serenity. Yes, you're on your way to Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, where there is always Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi & No Resort Fee.
- Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum is made from heirloom sugar cane varieties and distilled in Kunia, Hawaii. Elegant bottles start at $35 each.
- $745+ Moana Surfrider: 3 Nights w/ air: Includes daily breakfast, kids stay FREE offers & more!
- From $79 - Oahu Snorkel Sail: Snorkel at a calm & vibrant anchorage. In-water help by Lifeguard-certified crew. Breakfast, lunch and drinks included.
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Snorkel & Dolphin Adventure from Kona $132 Adults, $88 Kids
- Zipline North Shore at CLIMB Works Keana Farms: $169/person
- Custom North Shore, Oahu day tour - paddle a canoe and more!
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and save BIG!
- 4th Nt Free + Brkf for 2 at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows.
- Frm $179/nt: Find comfort at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
- Sizzling Summer? Refresh yourself with drinks at Tiki Bar
- Royal Kona Package: luau, dinner cruise, & more! $310/nt
- Villas at Poipu Kai – The Kauai Boutique Resort, From $299
- Luxury airport shuttle transfer packages-BOOK NOW!