Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
With the most spectacular Hawaiian sunset as a backdrop, our award-winning performers will entertain and amaze you
Visit WWII Valor in the Pacific Monument & USSArizona Memorial, USS Missouri Battleship on Ford Island, & more!
World famous Sea Life Parks stunningly scenic Makapu’u Meadows is the setting for a luau experience like none other
Enjoy unparalleled vistas of Waikiki and beyond Diamond Head, as well as continuous live entertainment
- Starting at $80, Discover the Hidden Gem of Polynesian Cultural Center for your Honolulu Trip
- Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean with Paradise Helicopters! Prices start at $179 per person.
- Try our current specials - Sizzling Seafood in Honey Bagoong Sauce and Sinigang Beef (Tamarind Based Soup)
- Fresh sushi made to order, a nice selection of fully cooked dishes, and a fun dining experience for the kids - all under one roof at Genki Sushi.
- Sun, sand, serenity. Yes, you're on your way to Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, where there is always Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi & No Resort Fee.
- 20% off our Best Available Rates - Shoreline Waikiki Hotel!
- Stay at centrally located Ala Moana Hotel from $149/night!
- From $59 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Experience Kauai’s longest zipline for $139
- From $125/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $90pp
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- Maui's unique Bed & Breakfast in the heart of Lahaina town
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps