Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Enjoy live music from renowned artists at Blue Note Hawaii!
Sail off the coast of Oahu and enjoy awesome views of Waikiki, Diamond Head and much more
Dedicated to getting you the finest photos on your vacation.
- Enjoy best rates at OHANA Waikiki Malia from $149/night! Best of all, it's a 5-minute walk to luxury shopping and premier dining.
- Best Price Guarantee, Low Price Assurance, No Booking Fees & Weekly Cruise Deals. Book Now!
- Come search for dolphins, turtles and whales while sailing on the beautiful waters of Waikiki w/ Mana Kai Catamaran! $30 Marine Life Sail - BOOK NOW!
- Little Village Noodle House - Award winning Chinese cuisine! Traditional Chinese flavors with a local twist. Appetizers from $3.95.
- Spacious apartment-style accommodations & stunning views of Diamond Head. Enjoy our best rates starting at $169/night at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!
- Stay at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger on the Big Island!
- Zipline thru a jungle on Maui's North Shore from $89 online!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $485/nt
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Complimentary Breakfast Offer. BOOK NOW!
- 28-day dry aged Porterhouse Steak at Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Save $45! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- Na Pali ocean raft adventure tours: Book online & save $10!