Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
The most complete water sports company in Hawaii located near Kailua Beach
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- $49.99 Pearl Harbor & Honolulu City Tour - Experience the highlights of the #1 attraction on Oahu and see many other Honolulu landmarks. BOOK NOW!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- 15% off our Best Available Rates, complimentary WiFi, and NO resort fee when you book direct with Shoreline Hotel Waikiki!
- Breakfast Package from $229/night: Standard room & full breakfast for 2 at Kani Ka Pila Grille at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
- Save 20%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Kona Resort
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Experience the newest Kauai Zipline Tour located in Poipu!
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $970 Per Person
- 7 Night Hawaii Cruises on Norwegian Cruise Line, from $999! EXCLUSIVE - Up to $1,000 to Spend Onboard, FREE Gratuities, & 10% Off Shore Excursions!
- Guided Lava Tours to Big Island Volcano - See Lava Today!
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and save BIG!
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!