Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
Truly a unique experience, learn about Polynesian wayfinding, the art of navigating without instruments, aboard a Hawaiian sailing canoe. BOOK NOW!
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,079
- Best Price Guarantee, Low Price Assurance, No Booking Fees & Weekly Cruise Deals. Book Now!
- Enjoy Hawaiian hospitality and fun adventures from parasailing to stand-up paddle surfing! Room + $25 activity voucher package from $279/night
- Private lanai in all rooms at The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel! BOOK NOW
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Book rooms at Lae Nani Resort Kauai by Outrigger
- Royal Lahaina 6 Night Stays in Partial Ocean View fr $194/nt
- Experience traditional Hawaiian sailing - $135 per person!
- Up to 40% off tee times at The Ocean Course at Hokuala
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- From $42 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special Reduced Rate fr $135/nt
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $195/nt