- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Are you considering diving? Not yet Scuba certified? Not to worry, we have you covered. You can experience Scuba diving for the first time on a Discover Scuba Dive (DSD)one tank dive.
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
Atlantis Submarine – Waikiki
Atlantis Submarines has been sharing the magnificence of Hawaii’s undersea…
Honolulu City Lights and Sunset Sail
Honolulu City Lights Sunset Dinner Cruise “Feel the Thrill” Makani…
Makani Afternoon Fun In The Sun
“Feel the Thrill” Makani is Hawaii’s most luxurious sailing adventure!…
Makani Friday Night Fireworks Sail
Friday Night Fireworks & Sunset Dinner Cruise Makani is Hawaii’s…
Pelagic Shark Experience – One Ocean Diving
The “Pelagic Shark Program” Also known as the “Pelagic Animal…
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy
Uncle Bryan’s Sunset Suratt Surf Academy is located near Haleiwa…
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $749
- Find everything under the sun at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace! $1 admission per person and Kids 11 & under FREE!
- Relax and unwind with premium cocktails, delicious pupus and capture the Islands’ best sunsets on Ko Olina Ocean Adventures’ sunset sails.
- Experience Nutridge: Breath taking views & 4 hours of interactive activities and much more! Rates starting at $145. Book now!
- Exclusive offer: Discover Scuba Dive for only $129 (originally $189)
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/code "Kailua"
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Visit Maui Ocean Center! Passes start at $29.95 per adult
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult