Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
Exciting sight-seeing, dolphin watching (all year) and whale watching (Dec-Apr) along the west coast of O’ahu
Favorite of families and couples preferring a fun, informal atmosphere where the dining room turns into a party
Hawaii’s only water-theme amusement park and Hawaii’s #1 Family Attraction
Embodies the spirit of “Aloha”, living & treating each other with love and respect.
Aquatic safari takes you to a snorkel at two of our top fish and sea turtle sites
Perfect for competent adventure-minded beginners, intermediate, and experienced kayakers
Explore famous wartime monuments, memorials, and museums throughout Pearl Harbor
A Day at Pearl Harbor is our most complete Pearl Harbor tour, featuring all of the museums and memorials of Pearl Harbor
- Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day with Dolphin Quest Hawaii!
- From $59 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical: Enjoy a scenic cruise toward Diamond Head at sunset.
- Book 10 days in Advance and Save 10% at the Polynesian Cultural Center
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Enjoy the Premier Expereince for 3 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Intimate, stylish Waikiki condo from $189/night
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Rates from $195/nt
- BOOK NOW - Kohala Divers 2 Tank Afternoon/Night Drive - $159
- Free samples with every Bubble Shack Hawaii order!
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Savings of 10%! Book early for Polynesian Cultural Center
- "Best of Hanalei” Luau every Wednesday - Discounts Offered
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and save BIG!
- Relax at Kohala Coast Vacation Rentals by Outrigger!
- COFFEE AND TEA: Free shipping on orders $75+ (restrictions).