Water Activities on Oahu
Hawaii is an ocean lover’s paradise, with the water activities on Oahu being among the best and most versatile of all the islands. Its nickname, “The Gathering Place,” is a fitting moniker, as so many tourists are attracted to its shores yearly by the sheer wealth of Oahu water activities available to enjoy. Read on to discover the best aquatic adventures on Hawaii’s most visited and populated isle.
Surfing is by far one of the Oahu water sports that attract visitors from all over the world. Especially in the winter swells season, this popular pastime finds wave riders ripping, from Waikiki to the famous seven-mile stretch on the North Shore.
Also among visitor favorites is snorkeling, with the waters of Sharks Cove and Hanauma Bay being the best bets. A close cousin to snorkeling, diving is one of the more physical and daring of Oahu water sports, with the convenient area of Waikiki offering a wealth of great spots to explore, among others. Read more
As well as whale watching, lovers of ocean mammals will especially adore Oahu’s dolphin tour options, with Waianae—located on the island’s western shores—deemed the most desirous and ideal destination for spotting these graceful creatures in their natural habitat. Several tour companies offer guided adventures, providing you with an all-inclusive, hassle-free experience, plus an extraordinary Hawaii memory.
Kailua is the known hot spot for kayaking fanatics, although many areas on Oahu also offer kayak rentals and pristine waters—including Waikiki and Hawaii Kai—that are perfect for paddling to your heart’s content.
And speaking of paddling, the more calm waters of Waikiki, Hawaii Kai marina, and Haleiwa Boat Harbor are among the best spots for stellar standup paddling (SUP) conditions. Rentals are affordable and available island wide, no matter what area you choose to visit.
With Oahu weather conditions always keeping its crystal waters at a toasty tropical temperature, there’s just no excuse to not get out there and enjoy these abundance of ocean activities. So slather on that sunscreen, we’ll see you out there!
Featured Water Activities
A feast in the company of friends, old and new. Bring your appetite to fully enjoy Paradise Cove’s extensive menu
Explore famous wartime monuments, memorials, and museums throughout Pearl Harbor
A Day at Pearl Harbor is our most complete Pearl Harbor tour, featuring all of the museums and memorials of Pearl Harbor
Hawaii’s only water-theme amusement park and Hawaii’s #1 Family Attraction
Come join us to see a beautiful waterfall, short hike is 0.9 miles.
Visit the two symbolic “bookends” of the Pacific War- the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri
Exciting sight-seeing, dolphin watching (all year) and whale watching (Dec-Apr) along the west coast of O’ahu
- From $96 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- "BEST BREAKFAST IN HAWAII" at Eggs 'n Things in Waikiki, Ala Moana and our Waikiki Eggspress!
- Starting at $80, Find All The Things To Do & See with Your Family at Polynesian Cultural Center
- Complimentary tickets, transportation and preferred seating at the world's only beachfront polo field from Equus Hotel
- Share the love in Hawaii! Register for Wedding Wings and enjoy discounted fares!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Volcano, Maunakea and Waterfall Tours starting at $129!
- Rooms from $169/night at Palms at Wailea Maui by Outrigger.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages From $840 Per Person
- Sunshine on Sale: 4th NT free & daily breakfast buffet for 2
- Villas at Poipu Kai – The Kauai Boutique Resort, From $299
- Book rooms at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night
- Royal Lahaina Package: luau, dinner cruise, & more! $369/nt
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tours on all islands starting from $148.50.
- “Kauai Exclusive Vacation Rentals – Island-Wide, From $120”