- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Sightseeing on Oahu
Most people visiting O‘ahu put Pearl Harbor and hiking Diamond Head at the top of their to-do list, but many wonder what else can be seen outside of Waikiki.
War historians can walk from Waikiki to the oceanside U.S. Army Museum at Fort DeRussy or take a scenic ride up Punchbowl Crater to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Punchbowl offers amazing views overlooking the city skyline and the cemetery itself tells the tales of both World Wars and salutes fallen soldiers.
The Nu‘uanu Pali Lookout is another great spot for history buffs. It offers a panoramic view of the windward side and is the site where King Kamehameha I defeated Kalanikūpule and drove 400 of his warriors over the steep cliff top to their deaths.
Take a short bus ride from Waikiki to the corner of Punchbowl and King Street in Honolulu and, within a block in each direction, are places such as ‘Iolani Palace (the only royal palace on U.S. soil), Honolulu Hale, Kawaiaha‘o Church (made of coral from the ocean) and the iconic King Kamehameha I statue (shown in the opening credits of the Hawai‘i Five-O TV series).
Most Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday mornings, a giant swap meet is held at Aloha Stadium where visitors can barter for Hawai‘i gifts to bring home to family or to keep for themselves.
Sightseeing Tours Directory
A professionally-trained kayak guide greets the customers when they arrive at Kailua Sailboards and Kayak's Beachside Center.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Experience the underwater wonderland of scenic Hanauma Bay, the most popular snorkel place.
- Grab your favorite plate lunch at any Rainbow Drive-in locations! Don't forget to add a slush float!
- Visit the famous Giovanni's Shrimp Truck on Oahu's North Shore! All plates are served with a dozen jumbo shrimp and 2 scoops of rice for $14.00!
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,019. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Air & room packages starting from $979. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- From $989 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! Up to 25% Off Best Available Hotel Rates.
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!