- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Sightseeing on Oahu
Most people visiting O‘ahu put Pearl Harbor and hiking Diamond Head at the top of their to-do list, but many wonder what else can be seen outside of Waikiki.
War historians can walk from Waikiki to the oceanside U.S. Army Museum at Fort DeRussy or take a scenic ride up Punchbowl Crater to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. Punchbowl offers amazing views overlooking the city skyline and the cemetery itself tells the tales of both World Wars and salutes fallen soldiers.
The Nu‘uanu Pali Lookout is another great spot for history buffs. It offers a panoramic view of the windward side and is the site where King Kamehameha I defeated Kalanikūpule and drove 400 of his warriors over the steep cliff top to their deaths.
Take a short bus ride from Waikiki to the corner of Punchbowl and King Street in Honolulu and, within a block in each direction, are places such as ‘Iolani Palace (the only royal palace on U.S. soil), Honolulu Hale, Kawaiaha‘o Church (made of coral from the ocean) and the iconic King Kamehameha I statue (shown in the opening credits of the Hawai‘i Five-O TV series).
Most Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday mornings, a giant swap meet is held at Aloha Stadium where visitors can barter for Hawai‘i gifts to bring home to family or to keep for themselves.
Sightseeing Tours Directory
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
The freshest macadamias & premium coffees at the best prices
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Limited Time Offer: Experience a 2.5 hour Guided Kayak Tour from the world-famous Kailua Beach to Popoi’a Island for only $115.
- Swim up close with wild Hawaiian Spinner dolphins in Hawaii’s crystal clear ocean waters. Use the code HIDEAL for $10 off!
- Scuba Dive from $159 - Cruise the scenic West Oahu coast to an array of dive locations including wrecks, caves and reefs.
- Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $839 for 6 nights, see the Big Island and Oahu!
- $1,019 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- $809 & up - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Zipline North Shore at CLIMB Works Keana Farms: $169/person
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099