- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Farm Tours on Oahu
It goes without saying that when one is on vacation they dine like royalty. I mean, it’s vacation after all! Especially noteworthy are the super fresh and oh-so-yummy dining options on O‘ahu. But have you ever wondered just where all of those amazing and ‘ono (delicious) grinds you enjoy come from? And no, we don’t mean the grocery store. For those of you with inquiring minds who want to know, the Gathering Isle just so happens to have a wealth of exciting local farms that provide tours for you to see exactly where your gourmet grinds are grown and “gathered.”
Kahumana Organic Farm and Café
It’s common knowledge that many of the primo eateries on O‘ahu — such as Roy’s and Monkeypod Kitchen — order their produce directly from this impressive west side organic farm. What’s so unique about this establishment, located in Wai‘anae, is that while offering the public 45-60 minute tours of the property, it also has an onsite cafe where you can dine on fixins’ garnered right outside. It doesn’t get any fresher than that! To add to the goodness, Kahumana is a bonafide nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that dedicates itself to aiding, supporting and improving the lives of local individuals in need. For more information, call 808-696-2655 or visit kahumana.org.
Naked Cow Dairy Farm and Creamery
Also located in Wai‘anae, it’s the only dairy farm on O‘ahu. Famed across island farmers markets for its delectable, melt-in-your-mouth, freshly churned butter and cheeses, Naked Cow offers the public an inside glimpse of its operations with two-hour tours. Adults can even participate in a special evening sunset tour where they enjoy a well-deserved sampling of cheese and wine. Keiki, on the other hand, delight in feeding cows as well as introducing themselves to the farm’s chickens. The really adventurous can even sign up for cheese and butter making lessons. For more information, call 808-696-7430 or visit nakedcowdairyhawaii.com.
Na Mea Kupono
Kalo (taro) has long been a staple of the Hawaiian culture, and at Na Mea Kūpono visitors have the unforgettable experience of learning just about everything there is to know about this fascinating crop. Guests discover everything from how to prepare kalo, to growing and harvesting it. Also available to guests are exciting offerings like traditional craft-making, songs, stories and games. Tours, located on the farm in Waialua, range from one-hour walking tours to several hour-long tours which include a delicious lunch. Call 808-637-6529 for more information.
It’s not every day that one gets to visit a farm, much less a family-run farm. Originally founded by the Fukuda and Matsuda families in 1985 — with a simple handshake, no less — the farm continues growing strong, harvesting produce like papaya, watermelon, bananas and more. Several tours are available here, with the favorite, by far, being the chance to scoot around the grounds in a Kahuku Farm wagon — woo hoo! There is also a café onsite where visitors can nosh on an ‘ono menu filled with a variety of farm fresh selections, including pizza, sandwiches, salads, soups and smoothies. For more information call 808-628-0639, or visit www.kahukufarms.com.
Farm Tours Directory
Web Special: Waikiki & Hawaii Gun Club – Hawaii’s #1 Shooting Experience
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Plan a birthday party for kids and get $50 off when you book on a weekday (Mon-Thurs).
Enjoy the Tree-to-Bar Cacao & Chocolate Experience! Local, Mil & Hawaii.com Discounts!
- Walk the halls the Kings and Queens of Hawaii walked at Iolani Palace & see the past come to life at Bishop Museum on the exciting Monarchs Tour
- Sea Scooters are a perfect rental option for customers who would prefer to be pulled instead of swimming!
- Renting out a dry top is very helpful for beginner snorkelers!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Life Vest/Flotation Device Rentals for $5!
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- Live Music in an Intimate Setting: See the Blue Note Lineup
- Refuge Eco-Tour: Land at a secluded botanical preserve!
- SAVE $49.50! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- Snorkel by day, Luau at night! Combo starting at $215.