- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Evening Shows on Oahu
While Oahu boasts gorgeous beaches, hiking and exploring when the sun is out, the island known as “the gathering place” offers equally exciting activities after the sun goes down. Catch performances by local musicians, a play or ballet at one of the theaters, a luau on the beach, special shows or concerts and more!
From the early days of kanikapila, a style of Hawaiian music produced by an impromptu jam session, music has been a huge part of island culture. Grab a front row seat to awesome local musicians and occasional out-of-town special guests nightly at Blue Note Hawaii in Waikiki, Jazz Minds Honolulu, Hawaii Symphony Orchestra and more. It’s best to look at their calendars and purchase tickets in advance online or by calling the box office.
If you’d rather enjoy a night at the theater, Oahu has a multitude of options featuring local talent. The Actors’ Group at the Brad Powell Theatre features Pulitzer-prize winning shows, Hawaii premieres and shows written by local playwrights.
The Kumu Kahua Theatre focuses on plays about life in Hawaii, for local people and by local playwrights. Located in downtown Honolulu, the theater offers one-of-a-kind live entertainment about the life, history and future of Hawaii’s people.
At the foot of the Diamond Head crater is the third oldest community theater in the U.S. Diamond Head Theatre has been around since 1915, and community volunteers take on every part of the production.
Manoa Valley Theatre is known as “Honolulu’s off-Broadway playhouse” and offers rock musicals, mystery thrillers and local musical comedies, among others.
The Hawaii Theatre has been a part of Honolulu’s cultural landscape since 1922, showcasing a broad range of educational, cultural and entertainment experiences from concerts to comedy shows and everything in between.
For a unique food and entertainment experience, luaus are the way to go. Watch the sunset surrounded by live music and beautiful dancers as you indulge in Hawaiian cuisine like kalua pig, ocean fresh fish, grilled huli huli chicken and fried rice, among others.
The Waikiki Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village is Waikiki’s only outdoor luau. Enjoy the Hawaiian games and arts and crafts that are fun for everyone.
Chief’s Luau at Sea Life Park features a world champion fire knife dancer who is a popular entertainer among the South Pacific.
Or plan a trip to Oahu’s west side and check out Paradise Cove or Germaine’s Luau at Ko Olina for an epic west side sunset surrounding luau activities.
For something a little different, check out the Magic of Polynesia show, which combines Polynesian entertainment with illusions, special effects and sleight-of-hand magic tricks at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort.
If you’re looking for a dinner show, check out the “Rock a Hula” show featuring Legends in Concert of Las Vegas at the Royal Hawaiian Theatre in Waikiki. Catch an Elvis tribute artist, a Celine Dion tribute artist and a Michael Jackson tribute artist at the show with fireknife and hula dancers.
Head down to the Polynesian Cultural Center to catch their “Hā: Breath of Life” show, which features more than 100 Polynesian natives, special effects and blazing fireknives to tell a passionate story through fire, song and dance.
Whichever evening show you choose to attend it’s best to check the event schedule and buy your tickets early to get the best seats. Your nights are bound to be exciting and with all of Oahu’s offerings, good luck deciding on which to attend! From concerts, musical performances, plays, luaus or dinner shows inspired by culture in Hawaii, each is a unique experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Evening Shows Directory
Book Online! Use Promo Code 101HAWAII for 15% off any Surf or SUP Lesson.
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Enjoy the Tree-to-Bar Cacao & Chocolate Experience! Local, Mil & Hawaii.com Discounts!
Dolphins! Whales! Turtles! And More! Snorkel & Nature Cruises available daily. As low as $99!
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- When the sun goes down, the party gets started at Blue Note. Come see why locals have voted this music venue #1 in the state, three years in a row.
- Come search for dolphins, turtles and whales while sailing on the beautiful waters of Waikiki with Mana Kai Catamaran! $30 BOOK NOW!
- Dolphins! Whales! Turtles! And More! Snorkel and Nature Cruises available daily for as low as $99!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- From $1,409 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- A pair of BLT sliders are only $7 during happy hour at Tropics Tap House.
- Island Helicopters: 2 Fantastic Tours, 1 Terrific Company!
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Eat local, feel local with Island and You tours for $118!
- Sunset dinner cruise on Maui from $96.40 - BOOK NOW!
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- Visit the Most Charming Cacao Farm in America & Save 10%!
- Experience ″farm-to-beach″ dining at Reef Bar & Market Grill!