- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Evening Shows on Oahu
While Oahu boasts gorgeous beaches, hiking and exploring when the sun is out, the island known as “the gathering place” offers equally exciting activities after the sun goes down. Catch performances by local musicians, a play or ballet at one of the theaters, a luau on the beach, special shows or concerts and more!
From the early days of kanikapila, a style of Hawaiian music produced by an impromptu jam session, music has been a huge part of island culture. Grab a front row seat to awesome local musicians and occasional out-of-town special guests nightly at Blue Note Hawaii in Waikiki, Jazz Minds Honolulu, Hawaii Symphony Orchestra and more. It’s best to look at their calendars and purchase tickets in advance online or by calling the box office.
If you’d rather enjoy a night at the theater, Oahu has a multitude of options featuring local talent. The Actors’ Group at the Brad Powell Theatre features Pulitzer-prize winning shows, Hawaii premieres and shows written by local playwrights.
The Kumu Kahua Theatre focuses on plays about life in Hawaii, for local people and by local playwrights. Located in downtown Honolulu, the theater offers one-of-a-kind live entertainment about the life, history and future of Hawaii’s people.
At the foot of the Diamond Head crater is the third oldest community theater in the U.S. Diamond Head Theatre has been around since 1915, and community volunteers take on every part of the production.
Manoa Valley Theatre is known as “Honolulu’s off-Broadway playhouse” and offers rock musicals, mystery thrillers and local musical comedies, among others.
The Hawaii Theatre has been a part of Honolulu’s cultural landscape since 1922, showcasing a broad range of educational, cultural and entertainment experiences from concerts to comedy shows and everything in between.
For a unique food and entertainment experience, luaus are the way to go. Watch the sunset surrounded by live music and beautiful dancers as you indulge in Hawaiian cuisine like kalua pig, ocean fresh fish, grilled huli huli chicken and fried rice, among others.
The Waikiki Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village is Waikiki’s only outdoor luau. Enjoy the Hawaiian games and arts and crafts that are fun for everyone.
Chief’s Luau at Sea Life Park features a world champion fire knife dancer who is a popular entertainer among the South Pacific.
Or plan a trip to Oahu’s west side and check out Paradise Cove or Germaine’s Luau at Ko Olina for an epic west side sunset surrounding luau activities.
For something a little different, check out the Magic of Polynesia show, which combines Polynesian entertainment with illusions, special effects and sleight-of-hand magic tricks at the Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort.
If you’re looking for a dinner show, check out the “Rock a Hula” show featuring Legends in Concert of Las Vegas at the Royal Hawaiian Theatre in Waikiki. Catch an Elvis tribute artist, a Celine Dion tribute artist and a Michael Jackson tribute artist at the show with fireknife and hula dancers.
Head down to the Polynesian Cultural Center to catch their “Hā: Breath of Life” show, which features more than 100 Polynesian natives, special effects and blazing fireknives to tell a passionate story through fire, song and dance.
Whichever evening show you choose to attend it’s best to check the event schedule and buy your tickets early to get the best seats. Your nights are bound to be exciting and with all of Oahu’s offerings, good luck deciding on which to attend! From concerts, musical performances, plays, luaus or dinner shows inspired by culture in Hawaii, each is a unique experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Evening Shows Directory
Come catch tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms.
Are you considering diving? Not yet Scuba certified? Not to worry, we have you covered. You can experience Scuba diving for the first time on a Discover Scuba Dive (DSD)one tank dive.
Explore everything the greater Waikiki area has to offer! 8am-5pm
Enjoy the Tree-to-Bar Cacao & Chocolate Experience! Local, Mil & Hawaii.com Discounts!
Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean.
- Experience a Curated Cacao Orchard Tour & Craft Chocolate Tasting Experience at Oahu’s only cacao farm tour! Save 10% with code HICOM
- Make the most of your time at ESPACIO with two complimentary spa treatments and a bottle of Caymus Cabernet wine with your stay. *7 night min
- Come test your hand at one of Hawaii's best & most beautiful courses — come see the difference at Bay View. Rates start @ $22. Kama'aina rate available
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Tropical Hawaiian Tours: Oahu Circle Island Tour - $100/person
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Reserve your suite at ESPACIO and discover a rare and elegant luxury hotel experience unlike any other.
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Swim with dolphins at $20 off per person when you book a Dolphins and You tour with the code 2020VISION before the end of Feb 2020
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10% with code HICOM
- Grand Naniloa Resort: AAA/CAA/JAF Members - SAVE 10%
- From $1,519 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air