- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Oahu
With miles of ocean coastline and historical sites, Oʻahu seems like a no-brainer for renting bikes and getting a broader view of the island scenery.
Cyclists, however, share the roads with more than a million vehicles on this island. So the Sunday stroll that bikers may be envisioning will take a little planning to actually be realized.
There are plenty of bike paths and bike rental places to go your own way no matter which side of the island you choose to explore, but cycling is one area where it pays to consult professionals to get the best experience.
Historical tours, booze and eats tours, mountain and dirt biking — there is no shortage of two-wheel options here.
Historical Bike Tours
History buffs can spend four hours on the Historical Honolulu Tour that takes riders past the ʻIolani Palace and other historical sites downtown as well as through Chinatown and along some stretches of beach shoreline. Guides will also show locations used for TV shows like Gilligan’s Island, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum P.I. and more over the four-hour ride. There are stops along the beaches as well as little shops for tropical fruits and local eats.
Rainforest Bike Rides
Want to get away from the crowds? Try the dirt tours in Ka’a’awa Valley and see the Ko’olau mountains’ rugged ridges and trails. It can get muddy because trails go through the rainforests where movies such as “Godzilla” and “Jurassic Park” have used the untouched landscape as scenic prehistoric backdrops. Half- and full-day mountain bike rides are available.
Pedaling Pub Crawl
Social biker? There is a 15-person bike that can be rented out for private parties or join in and meet people for a bike-pedaling pub crawl. These tours last about 2.5 hours, and beer tastings are provided at each stop. Think party bus with pedals and you get the idea of how cool this can be to meet new friends and try some local breweries.
Foodie Bike Tour
Of course, since it is Oʻahu, there is a popular Hawaii Foodie Tour by Bike Tour Hawaii that lasts about four hours and encompasses 10 to 16 stops to try various local offerings throughout Waikiki and Honolulu.
Bike Hawaii Tours is always a good place to start planning.
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Come catch tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms.
- Ranked as the #1 Top-Rated Escape Room in the USA, Chambers Escape Games brings the most immersive, high-tech, and exciting escape games in Hawaii!
- Enjoy the Premier Experience for 3 at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Join Atlantis Submarines 10ft below the ocean surface & discover the action happening in Hawaii’s waters! Click HERE to book your undersea adventure!
- Crab legs, prime rib & much more at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki's First Made-to-Order All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet!
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Need a Healthy Escape? Princeville Makai is your Cure!
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- From $1,459 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!