- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Oahu
With miles of ocean coastline and historical sites, Oʻahu seems like a no-brainer for renting bikes and getting a broader view of the island scenery.
Cyclists, however, share the roads with more than a million vehicles on this island. So the Sunday stroll that bikers may be envisioning will take a little planning to actually be realized.
There are plenty of bike paths and bike rental places to go your own way no matter which side of the island you choose to explore, but cycling is one area where it pays to consult professionals to get the best experience.
Historical tours, booze and eats tours, mountain and dirt biking — there is no shortage of two-wheel options here.
Historical Bike Tours
History buffs can spend four hours on the Historical Honolulu Tour that takes riders past the ʻIolani Palace and other historical sites downtown as well as through Chinatown and along some stretches of beach shoreline. Guides will also show locations used for TV shows like Gilligan’s Island, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum P.I. and more over the four-hour ride. There are stops along the beaches as well as little shops for tropical fruits and local eats.
Rainforest Bike Rides
Want to get away from the crowds? Try the dirt tours in Ka’a’awa Valley and see the Ko’olau mountains’ rugged ridges and trails. It can get muddy because trails go through the rainforests where movies such as “Godzilla” and “Jurassic Park” have used the untouched landscape as scenic prehistoric backdrops. Half- and full-day mountain bike rides are available.
Pedaling Pub Crawl
Social biker? There is a 15-person bike that can be rented out for private parties or join in and meet people for a bike-pedaling pub crawl. These tours last about 2.5 hours, and beer tastings are provided at each stop. Think party bus with pedals and you get the idea of how cool this can be to meet new friends and try some local breweries.
Foodie Bike Tour
Of course, since it is Oʻahu, there is a popular Hawaii Foodie Tour by Bike Tour Hawaii that lasts about four hours and encompasses 10 to 16 stops to try various local offerings throughout Waikiki and Honolulu.
Bike Hawaii Tours is always a good place to start planning.
Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for a fun & unforgettable cage dive!
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
Get $10 off a Dolphins and You wild dolphin tour with code HIDEAL!
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Save 10% off your entire Snorkel by Day, Luau by Night package with Ko Olina Ocean Adventures and Paradise Cove Luau.
- Porterhouse Steak ($109.95 for two): served tender, juicy, and sizzling at Wolfgang's Steakhouse in Waikiki
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,219
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Join Dolphins and You for a half-day ocean adventure tour: Snorkel with wild dolphins and sea turtles, enjoy live hula and slide down a water slide!
- Visit Maui Ocean Center! Passes start at $29.95 per adult
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at IL Lupino
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- $839 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)