- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Oahu
With miles of ocean coastline and historical sites, Oʻahu seems like a no-brainer for renting bikes and getting a broader view of the island scenery.
Cyclists, however, share the roads with more than a million vehicles on this island. So the Sunday stroll that bikers may be envisioning will take a little planning to actually be realized.
There are plenty of bike paths and bike rental places to go your own way no matter which side of the island you choose to explore, but cycling is one area where it pays to consult professionals to get the best experience.
Historical tours, booze and eats tours, mountain and dirt biking — there is no shortage of two-wheel options here.
Historical Bike Tours
History buffs can spend four hours on the Historical Honolulu Tour that takes riders past the ʻIolani Palace and other historical sites downtown as well as through Chinatown and along some stretches of beach shoreline. Guides will also show locations used for TV shows like Gilligan’s Island, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum P.I. and more over the four-hour ride. There are stops along the beaches as well as little shops for tropical fruits and local eats.
Rainforest Bike Rides
Want to get away from the crowds? Try the dirt tours in Ka’a’awa Valley and see the Ko’olau mountains’ rugged ridges and trails. It can get muddy because trails go through the rainforests where movies such as “Godzilla” and “Jurassic Park” have used the untouched landscape as scenic prehistoric backdrops. Half- and full-day mountain bike rides are available.
Pedaling Pub Crawl
Social biker? There is a 15-person bike that can be rented out for private parties or join in and meet people for a bike-pedaling pub crawl. These tours last about 2.5 hours, and beer tastings are provided at each stop. Think party bus with pedals and you get the idea of how cool this can be to meet new friends and try some local breweries.
Foodie Bike Tour
Of course, since it is Oʻahu, there is a popular Hawaii Foodie Tour by Bike Tour Hawaii that lasts about four hours and encompasses 10 to 16 stops to try various local offerings throughout Waikiki and Honolulu.
Bike Hawaii Tours is always a good place to start planning.
Farm to bottle. Small batch, single variety, hand crafted Hawaiian Agricole Rum. Visit the Farm and Take the Tour!
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Sample heirloom sugarcane rum at Kō Hana Rum Distillery
- Oahu's ONLY Circle Island Tour plus Helicopter Flight! Embark on a 6 hour land adventure followed by a 30 minute helicopter flight - $338 per person!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,629
- Breakfast Package from $229/night: Standard room & full breakfast for 2 at Kani Ka Pila Grille at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
- 11-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,114 on Carnival Cruise Line. Departs from Honolulu, Oahu
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $129.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Save 20%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Kona Resort
- Saturday late night theme parties at Down The Hatch Maui!
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Sunset cocktails & firepit lounging at Swell Pool Deck & Bar
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $108 pp
- From $205/night: Stay at condos on Kauai.
- Stay at Royal Sea Cliff Kona by Outrigger on the Big Island!
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $149/night!
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $215/nt
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night