- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Oahu
With miles of ocean coastline and historical sites, Oʻahu seems like a no-brainer for renting bikes and getting a broader view of the island scenery.
Cyclists, however, share the roads with more than a million vehicles on this island. So the Sunday stroll that bikers may be envisioning will take a little planning to actually be realized.
There are plenty of bike paths and bike rental places to go your own way no matter which side of the island you choose to explore, but cycling is one area where it pays to consult professionals to get the best experience.
Historical tours, booze and eats tours, mountain and dirt biking — there is no shortage of two-wheel options here.
Historical Bike Tours
History buffs can spend four hours on the Historical Honolulu Tour that takes riders past the ʻIolani Palace and other historical sites downtown as well as through Chinatown and along some stretches of beach shoreline. Guides will also show locations used for TV shows like Gilligan’s Island, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum P.I. and more over the four-hour ride. There are stops along the beaches as well as little shops for tropical fruits and local eats.
Rainforest Bike Rides
Want to get away from the crowds? Try the dirt tours in Ka’a’awa Valley and see the Ko’olau mountains’ rugged ridges and trails. It can get muddy because trails go through the rainforests where movies such as “Godzilla” and “Jurassic Park” have used the untouched landscape as scenic prehistoric backdrops. Half- and full-day mountain bike rides are available.
Pedaling Pub Crawl
Social biker? There is a 15-person bike that can be rented out for private parties or join in and meet people for a bike-pedaling pub crawl. These tours last about 2.5 hours, and beer tastings are provided at each stop. Think party bus with pedals and you get the idea of how cool this can be to meet new friends and try some local breweries.
Foodie Bike Tour
Of course, since it is Oʻahu, there is a popular Hawaii Foodie Tour by Bike Tour Hawaii that lasts about four hours and encompasses 10 to 16 stops to try various local offerings throughout Waikiki and Honolulu.
Bike Hawaii Tours is always a good place to start planning.
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
Explore shipwrecks, snorkel with turtles and so much more with Aqua Zone Waikiki.
Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
Farm to bottle. Small batch, single variety, hand crafted Hawaiian Agricole Rum. Visit the Farm and Take the Tour!
- Island and You is the best way to get a true local experience of Oahu in just one day! Circle the island for just $118/person.
- Immerse yourself into an exclusive Farm to Forest Experience, exploring West Oahu’s historic sites, stories, people and food. Starting at $170!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center. Remember your vacation with a dangle hula dancer.
- Enjoy a family adventure at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Regardless of price, every ukulele we sell goes through a process to meet our stringent requirements. Visit our new location at SALT at Our Kaka‘ako.
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- From $1,419 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Do what the Hawaiians Do - Wa‘a (Canoe) Paddling
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- $35 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Buy our Ali‘i Lu‘au Package and save over $50! Book today!
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- Get a Baker's Dozen from Hamakua Mac Nut Company! SHOP NOW!
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night