- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Oahu
With miles of ocean coastline and historical sites, Oʻahu seems like a no-brainer for renting bikes and getting a broader view of the island scenery.
Cyclists, however, share the roads with more than a million vehicles on this island. So the Sunday stroll that bikers may be envisioning will take a little planning to actually be realized.
There are plenty of bike paths and bike rental places to go your own way no matter which side of the island you choose to explore, but cycling is one area where it pays to consult professionals to get the best experience.
Historical tours, booze and eats tours, mountain and dirt biking — there is no shortage of two-wheel options here.
Historical Bike Tours
History buffs can spend four hours on the Historical Honolulu Tour that takes riders past the ʻIolani Palace and other historical sites downtown as well as through Chinatown and along some stretches of beach shoreline. Guides will also show locations used for TV shows like Gilligan’s Island, Lost, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum P.I. and more over the four-hour ride. There are stops along the beaches as well as little shops for tropical fruits and local eats.
Rainforest Bike Rides
Want to get away from the crowds? Try the dirt tours in Ka’a’awa Valley and see the Ko’olau mountains’ rugged ridges and trails. It can get muddy because trails go through the rainforests where movies such as “Godzilla” and “Jurassic Park” have used the untouched landscape as scenic prehistoric backdrops. Half- and full-day mountain bike rides are available.
Pedaling Pub Crawl
Social biker? There is a 15-person bike that can be rented out for private parties or join in and meet people for a bike-pedaling pub crawl. These tours last about 2.5 hours, and beer tastings are provided at each stop. Think party bus with pedals and you get the idea of how cool this can be to meet new friends and try some local breweries.
Foodie Bike Tour
Of course, since it is Oʻahu, there is a popular Hawaii Foodie Tour by Bike Tour Hawaii that lasts about four hours and encompasses 10 to 16 stops to try various local offerings throughout Waikiki and Honolulu.
Bike Hawaii Tours is always a good place to start planning.
Special Offer: Oahu private charter tours starting from $599! Choose from swimming with dolphins, sunset cruises, ocean activities & more
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- From $129 - Oahu Snorkel Sail: Snorkel at a calm & vibrant anchorage. In-water help by Lifeguard-certified crew. Breakfast, lunch and drinks included.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Hawaiian Escape from only $999 in 2021– SAVE $500 per couple on all dates! 7-day two island guided tour with inter-island flight!
- Grab your favorite plate lunch at any Rainbow Drive-in locations! Don't forget to add a slush float!
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- From $929 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- $99 Big Island dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!