- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Oahu
Famed airman Wilbur Wright, known to have invented the first flying airplane alongside his brother, Orville, once had this to say regarding the otherworldly experience of being in the air: “More than anything else, the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination.”
Such an enthusiastic endorsement from an expert of the skies more than makes me want to spend as much time as possible pursuing such a sensation as Wright waxes so eloquently about. For those of you who feel the same (and who wouldn’t?!), the following Oahu air tours offer you abundant opportunity to “come fly the friendly skies”…in paradise!
Beginning with an out-of-the-box aerial idea, parasailing is a highly enjoyable way to soar amid the skies while simultaneously soaking in the beautiful baby blues Read more
For those looking to experience a more traditional air tour route, several Oahu companies offer you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to soar above the island’s most famous landmarks aboard a helicopter. Imagine being whisked up and whirring your way across Oahu via an exhilarating Hawaiian heli-tour. High above the hustle and bustle, traffic and other tourists, take in the lush valleys, stunning coastline and even some of Oahu’s lesser-known remote locations, all in the comfort of top-of-the-line helicopters humming through the clouds.
Many tour pilots will even share fascinating facts regarding the island’s rich history and topography as they navigate their ways above Oahu’s most treasured and revered hotspots. Among the island’s favored tour operators are Blue Hawaiian, Paradise Helicopters, and Makani Kai, each offering abundant options to appreciate Oahu from above.
Finally, if you are one of those hi-intensity, sky-high adventure and adrenaline seekers, skydiving may just be the perfect way to plummet your way through the skies of Hawaii Nei! Considered to be among the top destination in all the world for skydiving, Oahu’s North Shore is where it’s at according to experts on the subject. Two tour companies—Skydive Hawaii and Pacific Skydiving—are the two primo providers. Literal neighbors, the companies are both located at Dillingham Airfield on Oahu’s North Shore and invite anyone brave or crazy enough to fling him or herself out of a plane to an unforgettable island air adventure.
So whether you take the more traditional route and whir your way across Oahu via helicopter, or launch yourself with reckless abandon into the great Pacific blue skies attached to a parachute, this island has more than ample opportunities to achieve that “perfect peace mingled with excitement” that Wright so adored.
Matsumoto’s Shave Ice on the North Shore has the best tropical flavors and toppings.
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,379
- REOPENING Dec 20th - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau - BOOK NOW
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,099
- Air & room packages starting from $1,089. See Oahu and the Big Island!
- From $1,089 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- From $639 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- From $1,149 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- REOPENING Dec 20th - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Best Luau in Maui
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- From $719 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!