- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Shark Encounters
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Air Tours on Oahu
Famed airman Wilbur Wright, known to have invented the first flying airplane alongside his brother, Orville, once had this to say regarding the otherworldly experience of being in the air: “More than anything else, the sensation is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost, if you can conceive of such a combination.”
Such an enthusiastic endorsement from an expert of the skies more than makes me want to spend as much time as possible pursuing such a sensation as Wright waxes so eloquently about. For those of you who feel the same (and who wouldn’t?!), the following Oahu air tours offer you abundant opportunity to “come fly the friendly skies”…in paradise!
Beginning with an out-of-the-box aerial idea, parasailing is a highly enjoyable way to soar amid the skies while simultaneously soaking in the beautiful baby blues Read more
For those looking to experience a more traditional air tour route, several Oahu companies offer you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to soar above the island’s most famous landmarks aboard a helicopter. Imagine being whisked up and whirring your way across Oahu via an exhilarating Hawaiian heli-tour. High above the hustle and bustle, traffic and other tourists, take in the lush valleys, stunning coastline and even some of Oahu’s lesser-known remote locations, all in the comfort of top-of-the-line helicopters humming through the clouds.
Many tour pilots will even share fascinating facts regarding the island’s rich history and topography as they navigate their ways above Oahu’s most treasured and revered hotspots. Among the island’s favored tour operators are Blue Hawaiian, Paradise Helicopters, and Makani Kai, each offering abundant options to appreciate Oahu from above.
Finally, if you are one of those hi-intensity, sky-high adventure and adrenaline seekers, skydiving may just be the perfect way to plummet your way through the skies of Hawaii Nei! Considered to be among the top destination in all the world for skydiving, Oahu’s North Shore is where it’s at according to experts on the subject. Two tour companies—Skydive Hawaii and Pacific Skydiving—are the two primo providers. Literal neighbors, the companies are both located at Dillingham Airfield on Oahu’s North Shore and invite anyone brave or crazy enough to fling him or herself out of a plane to an unforgettable island air adventure.
So whether you take the more traditional route and whir your way across Oahu via helicopter, or launch yourself with reckless abandon into the great Pacific blue skies attached to a parachute, this island has more than ample opportunities to achieve that “perfect peace mingled with excitement” that Wright so adored.
Air Tours Directory
Group & private standup paddle board lessons from Kailua Beach Adventures! 15% off with code "kailua"
Farm to bottle. Small batch, single variety, hand crafted Hawaiian Agricole Rum. Visit the Farm and Take the Tour!
Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,359
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Enjoy a family adventure at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- Flumin' Kohala-Truly a one of a kind experience 808-933-HAWI
- Buy our Ali‘i Lu‘au Package and save over $50! Book today!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Island Feet are happy feet! Orthotic footwear - SHOP NOW!
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.