Places on Oahu
So you’ve finally made the decision to cross Hawaii’s most popular island off that bucket list of dream destinations. But now that you’ve made the leap, you’ll want to be sure to not miss any of the exciting areas this idyllic wonderland has to offer!
Whenever Hawaii—especially the island of Oahu—is mentioned, one word immediately comes to mind: Waikiki. And for good reason, as this bustling tourist favorite is world famous for its wealth of offerings, from its soft, white sand beaches and warm, blue waters, to its near perfect, sunny weather. This most often visited area even has world class shopping, gourmet dining and vibrant night life all within a short walk of the best resorts and hotels.
Just a short drive away from Waikiki, and also among the most popular places to visit in Oahu is the eclectic neighborhood of Kaimuki. Spend a lovely day strolling along its charming streets, popping into niche boutiques, delicious cafes, coffee shops, and speciality shops—all of which exude their own unique styles and flavors. Read more
Waimanalo, a sleepy town located Oahu’s eastern coastline, is world famous for its Waimanalo Beach, showcasing stunning white sand and crystal blue waters. The real draw that makes this one of the best places to visit in Oahu is that its shores are much less crowded than those of Waikiki.
Among the regions whose waves have made it a household name is Oahu’s North Shore. Surfers from across the globe flock to the shores of this picturesque Hawaii community—home to a fun mix of water-babies, artists, hippies, and a little bit of everything else.
The island’s western shores are where one can find Ko Olina, a true world-class luxury vacation oasis. Its self-titled oceanfront resort and accompanying beach (public is welcome) are beyond what dreams are made of, earning it a firm place among the best places to see in Oahu.
So come on, E Komo Mai (welcome), it’s time to start crossing these can’t-miss destinations of that list.
The Real Place Names of Kailua
Research a bit, and find that Kailua, in the center of the Ko‘olaupoko district, was considered sacred because Kamehameha I met his chiefs there. You’ll find that story and dozens more in the 2009 book, Kailua, published by Kailua Historic Society. Kailua is at the Heart of the District of Koʻolaupoko Another resource to take…
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Come catch tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms for only $15! Food truck is available every day for cooking your fresh catch!
- Take an adventure out of busy Waikiki to Oahu's beautiful North Shore! Snorkeling, paddle boarding, beautiful beaches, waterfalls, local food & more!
- Island and You is a full day circle-island tour, packed with some of Oahu’s best sights and plenty of delicious Hawaiian food. BOOK NOW!
- When the sun goes down, the party gets started at Blue Note. Come see why locals have voted this music venue #1 in the state, three years in a row.
- $1,229 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Beautiful Maui Sunrise Whalewatch tour. Book & Save 10%
- Enjoy Suites from $216 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- Spice up Date Night: Music, Comedy & Cocktails at Blue Note
- Save 18% on packages - Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel
- Count On Us For The Paradise Wedding Your Love Deserves
- Get 10% OFF at Kaanapali Ocean Adventures. Use code: BB1
- Experience indoor go-kart racing on Oahu at K1 Speed!