Places on Oahu
So you’ve finally made the decision to cross Hawaii’s most popular island off that bucket list of dream destinations. But now that you’ve made the leap, you’ll want to be sure to not miss any of the exciting areas this idyllic wonderland has to offer!
Whenever Hawaii—especially the island of Oahu—is mentioned, one word immediately comes to mind: Waikiki. And for good reason, as this bustling tourist favorite is world famous for its wealth of offerings, from its soft, white sand beaches and warm, blue waters, to its near perfect, sunny weather. This most often visited area even has world class shopping, gourmet dining and vibrant night life all within a short walk of the best resorts and hotels.
Just a short drive away from Waikiki, and also among the most popular places to visit in Oahu is the eclectic neighborhood of Kaimuki. Spend a lovely day strolling along its charming streets, popping into niche boutiques, delicious cafes, coffee shops, and speciality shops—all of which exude their own unique styles and flavors. Read more
Waimanalo, a sleepy town located Oahu’s eastern coastline, is world famous for its Waimanalo Beach, showcasing stunning white sand and crystal blue waters. The real draw that makes this one of the best places to visit in Oahu is that its shores are much less crowded than those of Waikiki.
Among the regions whose waves have made it a household name is Oahu’s North Shore. Surfers from across the globe flock to the shores of this picturesque Hawaii community—home to a fun mix of water-babies, artists, hippies, and a little bit of everything else.
The island’s western shores are where one can find Ko Olina, a true world-class luxury vacation oasis. Its self-titled oceanfront resort and accompanying beach (public is welcome) are beyond what dreams are made of, earning it a firm place among the best places to see in Oahu.
So come on, E Komo Mai (welcome), it’s time to start crossing these can’t-miss destinations of that list.
The Real Place Names of Kailua
Research a bit, and find that Kailua, in the center of the Ko‘olaupoko district, was considered sacred because Kamehameha I met his chiefs there. You’ll find that story and dozens more in the 2009 book, Kailua, published by Kailua Historic Society. Kailua is at the Heart of the District of Koʻolaupoko Another resource to take…
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Shop Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen. Save 15% with code HAWAII15
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,019. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- From $1,259 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $1,739 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Best Luau in Maui
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- From $1,129 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- $969 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites