Places on Oahu
So you’ve finally made the decision to cross Hawaii’s most popular island off that bucket list of dream destinations. But now that you’ve made the leap, you’ll want to be sure to not miss any of the exciting areas this idyllic wonderland has to offer!
Whenever Hawaii—especially the island of Oahu—is mentioned, one word immediately comes to mind: Waikiki. And for good reason, as this bustling tourist favorite is world famous for its wealth of offerings, from its soft, white sand beaches and warm, blue waters, to its near perfect, sunny weather. This most often visited area even has world class shopping, gourmet dining and vibrant night life all within a short walk of the best resorts and hotels.
Just a short drive away from Waikiki, and also among the most popular places to visit in Oahu is the eclectic neighborhood of Kaimuki. Spend a lovely day strolling along its charming streets, popping into niche boutiques, delicious cafes, coffee shops, and speciality shops—all of which exude their own unique styles and flavors. Read more
Waimanalo, a sleepy town located Oahu’s eastern coastline, is world famous for its Waimanalo Beach, showcasing stunning white sand and crystal blue waters. The real draw that makes this one of the best places to visit in Oahu is that its shores are much less crowded than those of Waikiki.
Among the regions whose waves have made it a household name is Oahu’s North Shore. Surfers from across the globe flock to the shores of this picturesque Hawaii community—home to a fun mix of water-babies, artists, hippies, and a little bit of everything else.
The island’s western shores are where one can find Ko Olina, a true world-class luxury vacation oasis. Its self-titled oceanfront resort and accompanying beach (public is welcome) are beyond what dreams are made of, earning it a firm place among the best places to see in Oahu.
So come on, E Komo Mai (welcome), it’s time to start crossing these can’t-miss destinations of that list.
The Real Place Names of Kailua
Research a bit, and find that Kailua, in the center of the Ko‘olaupoko district, was considered sacred because Kamehameha I met his chiefs there. You’ll find that story and dozens more in the 2009 book, Kailua, published by Kailua Historic Society. Kailua is at the Heart of the District of Koʻolaupoko Another resource to take…
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Island Feet specializes in orthotic footwear and is committed to fixing your foot problems. FREE foot analysis at their Maui location - SHOP NOW!
- Receive your choice of 3 Rewards when you book direct with Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach - the ultimate in aloha chic!
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu + $150 Resort Credit w/ 2 night stay or longer for stays through December 19, 2018
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,319
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- RIDE Horseback, Double Zipline & more-starting at just $119!
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $129.99 - BOOK NOW!
- HAPPY HOUR 50% OFF SUSHI AND PUPUS
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- Get on a snorkeling tour to Black Rock!
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 15 Nt Princess Cruise from $1,399
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Vacation in Waikiki from only $219/night.
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!