There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- 11-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,114 on Carnival Cruise Line. Departs from Honolulu, Oahu
- Spacious apartment-style accommodations & stunning views of Diamond Head. Enjoy our best rates starting at $169/night at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!
- Suites from $163 per night: Run away to Kaneohe Bay and take in stunning views of the Koolau Mountain range and Chinaman's Hat
- Breakfast Package from $229/night: Standard room & full breakfast for 2 at Kani Ka Pila Grille at Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort
- 5th night free at Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach. From $168
- Experience the real Hawaii in small group tours, from $59
- Eggs 'n Things pancake mix and syrups available online!
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
- From $159 - Dive Oahu's wrecks, caves and reefs
- Intimate, stylish Waikiki condo from $189/night
- From $129 - Turtles Guaranteed in Waikiki
- Authentic Japanese products from Iida's Hawaii! SHOP NOW!