There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- $749 & up - 5-Nt. Romantic Oahu Escape w/Air & Hotel Accommodations
- $1,255 & up - 4-Islands: Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air, Hotels & Car Rental
- $49.99 Pearl Harbor & Honolulu City Tour - Experience the highlights of the #1 attraction on Oahu and see many other Honolulu landmarks. BOOK NOW!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 20% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- The Equus Hotel: Waikiki's favorite boutique hotel - Save 10%
- Hyatt Place Waikiki-Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi. No Resort Free.
- Learn to surf on Oahu’s North Shore at Turtle Bay from $95
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Relaxed Surf Luxury, Easy Booking and Access to our Lowest rates.
- 8-Nt Multi-Island package; fr $1,239: see 4 islands!
- Find island inspired gifts & souvenirs at Emperor's Emporium
- Take on 9 ziplines, 5 sky bridges, and a rappel!
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!