There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Spacious apartment-style accommodations & stunning views of Diamond Head. Enjoy our best rates starting at $169/night at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Starting at $80, Discover the Hidden Gem of Polynesian Cultural Center for your Honolulu Trip
- Dine on imported Italian cheeses and hand-cut meats paired with Italian and Domestic wine selections. Make your reservation at Il Lupino
- 10% off when you book at least 10 days in advance at Polynesian Cultural Center
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- 45% OFF & FREE Breakfasts for Two at Waikiki Resort!
- Enjoy sushi delivered to you on the rail! Fun for kids.
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- 20% OFF Natura Bisse Citrus Drench Body Treatment
- Escape to Oahu's secret island beach & enjoy kayaking & more
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $125/night!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at Il Lupino