There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Fly over mountains, waterfalls, volcanoes, and the Pacific Ocean with Paradise Helicopters! Prices start at $179 per person.
- Spacious apartment-style accommodations & stunning views of Diamond Head. Enjoy our best rates starting at $169/night at Waikiki Shore by Outrigger!
- Free Combat Flight Simulator at Pacific Aviation Museum.
- Suites from $142.19 per night: Run away to Kaneohe Bay and take in stunning views of the Koolau Mountain range and Chinaman's Hat
- Fresh. New. Chic. Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach is offering free daily breakfast & 2pm late checkout through 2017 with code PKGAWA.
- Frm $179/nt: Find comfort at Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger
- Royal Lahaina 6 Night Stays in Partial Ocean View fr $194/nt
- 35% off the only Forbes Five-Star Hotel on Oahu - BOOK NOW
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tours on all islands starting from $148.50.
- Save $60 on two 4-Line Zipline tours when you book by 12/20!
- Extended lunch: Tues and Weds only. All you can eat $15.99!
- Be awestruck by the rare beauty of Hanalei Colony Resort!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $98 pp