There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- All local, all the time. Enjoy 100% island range-fed beef at Honolulu Burger Co. Dine-in, take-out and delivery available. Click to see menu!
- Hawaii timeshare owner? See how Trading Places Maui can get you priority on Hawaii exchange requests, 2 year banking credits, credit extensions, more.
- Lowest rates every time: Book direct and save with THE MODERN HONOLULU
- Book direct with Waikiki Resort Hotel for the best rates, exclusive discounts and added values. BOOK NOW!
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,019
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Visiting Kokee, Kauai? Be sure to stop in at Kokee Lodge!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Book a snorkel cruise in Waikiki aboard a custom catamaran!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $259/nt
- Tour Oahu's most awe-inspiring landmarks. From $53+
- Be in the heart of Waikiki from $149/night!
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Use code SPORTFISH50 for $50 OFF a private fishing charter.