There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Oahu & Maui: 6-Night Vacation w/Air, Hotels & Transfer from $939
- Enjoy a family adventure at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Visit Oahu, Kauai & Maui: 6-Nt. Island Hopping Adventure w/Air from $1,039
- Vacation Memory of a Lifetime: Family Swim at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- 20% off our Best Available Rates, complimentary WiFi, complimentary breakfast and NO resort fee when you book direct with Coconut Waikiki Hotel!
- Up to 70% off Retail Snorkel, Diving, Swimming Gear and More!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Na Pali ocean raft adventure tours: Book online & save $10!
- Save 10% to the #1 must-see attraction in Hawaii!
- How the Horse became part of Hawaiian culture: Show fr $49
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Take in glorious sunsets at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort!
- Royal Kona Package: luau, dinner cruise, & more! $310/nt
- Oceanfront boutique hotel on Kauai: View Specials & Packages
- Relax at Kohala Coast Vacation Rentals by Outrigger!