There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Another day in Paradise. Stay 4 nights in a deluxe city view room or better and get the 5th night free. Book now for rates from $168/night
- Get whisked away to island luxury! Enjoy floor-to-ceiling windows, rainfall showers, deep-soaking tubs & more at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach-BOOK NOW!
- Sun, sand, serenity. Yes, you're on your way to Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, where there is always Complimentary Breakfast, Free Wi-Fi & No Resort Fee.
- $919 & up - 6-Night Big Island & Oahu Package w/Air & Hotel Accommodations
- From $96 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise - island fresh, gourmet
- The Equus Hotel: Waikiki's favorite boutique hotel - Save 10%
- World famous diving, top quality instruction - Kona Coast
- Be awestruck by the rare beauty of Hanalei Colony Resort!
- Discover the epic creation story of the Hawaiian Islands!
- Save 20% when you book online at Pacific Aviation Museum.
- Enjoy Suites from $163 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Make your next visit a stepping stone to your move to Hawaii
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters tours on all islands starting from $148.50.
- Best Big Island Vacation Rentals starting from $89/night
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!