There are plenty of ways to get wet on Oahu. But before you pick from the island’s long list of water adventures, go find a beach, any beach, and just kick back.
The island’s 112 miles of coastline is graced with more than 130 beaches, strands of golden sand that slope gently into the sun-sparkled, sapphire-blue water of the warm Pacific. Since the waters off Oahu are unpredictable, people are urged to swim at guarded beaches. Often tragedy occurs because people don’t understand that the ocean is not a swimming pool.
Here are some water safety tips worth remembering: consult lifeguards about ocean conditions before entering the water; heed all warning signs; never swim alone; never go out farther than you can swim; if you see someone in distress call for a lifeguard or dial 911; know your limits if in doubt, don’t go out; and never take what you can’t carry (leave your valuables at home.) Read more
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $89.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Dolphin Encounter at Dolphin Quest Oahu from $225
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Test your skills and wits at Room With a Clue! Use clues, puzzles and hints to crack the codes and escape before time runs out.
- Find Japanese specialty items, including figurines and dolls, from Iida's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Shop today!
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $999
- Take in glorious sunsets at Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort!
- From $59 - Turtles Guaranteed in Waikiki
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $98pp
- Book a Full Day Adventure Retreat w/ Mahina Hawaii for $195!
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Private customized adventures on the magical Island of Oahu!
- Rooms from $169/night at Palms at Wailea Maui by Outrigger.