- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Maui
Snorkelers in Maui, if nothing else, are blissfully spoiled for choice.
With 120 miles of coastline, Maui has dozens of snorkeling spots that are rung by coral reefs, and hundreds of colorful species of fish that call the shoreline home. Take a look out over the sand, out towards the open blue, and you may spot eagle rays flying on by, or turtles surfacing for air, and it’s always fun when a camouflaged he‘e (octopus) darts out from its home in the rocks. Snorkeling on Maui means the possibility of new experiences each day, and in winter it all takes place to the soundtrack of whales singing in the distance.
One of the most popular places to a go snorkeling in Maui is Kā‘anapali Beach, at Pu‘u Keka‘a, also known as “Black Rock,” in front of the Sheraton resort. Here at this volcanic promontory that juts out into the waves, Hawaiian sea turtles nibble on limu (seaweed), and silvery schools of akule and chubs patrol the fringe of the reef. Kahekili Beach, just one mile north is another popular spot, since the large reef helps thin the crowds and fish are found in abundance.
Despite the wealth of options, however, that run along Maui’s coastline, none compare to the aquatic bonanza that’s found at Molokini Crater. Just three miles off the coast of South Maui, this volcanic caldera is home to over 200 species of fish—many of which are endemic to Hawaiʻi, only found here in the islands. Granted, because the spot is so popular, finding these different species of fish entails avoiding the crowds, so book a boat that gets there early before the onslaught begins. Even on days when the crater is crowded, the water clarity is reason enough to grab a mask and snorkel, and as is the case with snorkeling on Maui—and Molokini in particular—you never know what might swim by to put on an underwater show.
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Island Feet specializes in orthotic footwear and is committed to fixing your foot problems. FREE foot analysis at their Maui location - SHOP NOW!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- We Invite You To Experience Hawaiian & Polynesian Culture Through Music, Dance, & Storytelling. Enjoy A Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau.
- Maui’s most amazing Sunset Cruise. Enjoy tantalizing pupus & island-style music against the backdrop of a stunning sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Book& Save 10%
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour – 12 days now from only $1,999! SAVE $900 per couple on select departures!
- Visit Veteran-owned, Family-operated Working Cacao Farm!
- Visit Pearl Harbor with Hawaii's top tour company! As low as $49
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Volunteer for fun & impactful activities with travel2change!
- SAVE $38.00! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- Umauma Falls Zipline: SAVE 10% w/ 7 day advance booking! Code: HAW10
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Receive Military Discounts For Your Service
- Get Best Prices For Our Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!