- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Maui
Snorkelers in Maui, if nothing else, are blissfully spoiled for choice.
With 120 miles of coastline, Maui has dozens of snorkeling spots that are rung by coral reefs, and hundreds of colorful species of fish that call the shoreline home. Take a look out over the sand, out towards the open blue, and you may spot eagle rays flying on by, or turtles surfacing for air, and it’s always fun when a camouflaged he‘e (octopus) darts out from its home in the rocks. Snorkeling on Maui means the possibility of new experiences each day, and in winter it all takes place to the soundtrack of whales singing in the distance.
One of the most popular places to a go snorkeling in Maui is Kā‘anapali Beach, at Pu‘u Keka‘a, also known as “Black Rock,” in front of the Sheraton resort. Here at this volcanic promontory that juts out into the waves, Hawaiian sea turtles nibble on limu (seaweed), and silvery schools of akule and chubs patrol the fringe of the reef. Kahekili Beach, just one mile north is another popular spot, since the large reef helps thin the crowds and fish are found in abundance.
Despite the wealth of options, however, that run along Maui’s coastline, none compare to the aquatic bonanza that’s found at Molokini Crater. Just three miles off the coast of South Maui, this volcanic caldera is home to over 200 species of fish—many of which are endemic to Hawaiʻi, only found here in the islands. Granted, because the spot is so popular, finding these different species of fish entails avoiding the crowds, so book a boat that gets there early before the onslaught begins. Even on days when the crater is crowded, the water clarity is reason enough to grab a mask and snorkel, and as is the case with snorkeling on Maui—and Molokini in particular—you never know what might swim by to put on an underwater show.
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5”x7” Portrait
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $410/nt
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Spirit of Aloha Pkg: Bundle room, breakfast, rental car, & parking and save $65 per day! $279/nt
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special from $109 per person
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Beautiful Maui Sunrise Whalewatch tour. Book & Save 10%
- Deluxe Waterfall Safari: Experience the view from above!
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – All Islands
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Cannot miss Maui's Favorite Sunday Champagne Brunch in Kāʻanapali
- Special online rates for Voyagers of the Pacific: $78 pp
- Annie’s Burgers Voted BEST BURGER 2011-2017 by WHT readers
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $115pp
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay