- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Maui
Snorkelers in Maui, if nothing else, are blissfully spoiled for choice.
With 120 miles of coastline, Maui has dozens of snorkeling spots that are rung by coral reefs, and hundreds of colorful species of fish that call the shoreline home. Take a look out over the sand, out towards the open blue, and you may spot eagle rays flying on by, or turtles surfacing for air, and it’s always fun when a camouflaged he‘e (octopus) darts out from its home in the rocks. Snorkeling on Maui means the possibility of new experiences each day, and in winter it all takes place to the soundtrack of whales singing in the distance.
One of the most popular places to a go snorkeling in Maui is Kā‘anapali Beach, at Pu‘u Keka‘a, also known as “Black Rock,” in front of the Sheraton resort. Here at this volcanic promontory that juts out into the waves, Hawaiian sea turtles nibble on limu (seaweed), and silvery schools of akule and chubs patrol the fringe of the reef. Kahekili Beach, just one mile north is another popular spot, since the large reef helps thin the crowds and fish are found in abundance.
Despite the wealth of options, however, that run along Maui’s coastline, none compare to the aquatic bonanza that’s found at Molokini Crater. Just three miles off the coast of South Maui, this volcanic caldera is home to over 200 species of fish—many of which are endemic to Hawaiʻi, only found here in the islands. Granted, because the spot is so popular, finding these different species of fish entails avoiding the crowds, so book a boat that gets there early before the onslaught begins. Even on days when the crater is crowded, the water clarity is reason enough to grab a mask and snorkel, and as is the case with snorkeling on Maui—and Molokini in particular—you never know what might swim by to put on an underwater show.
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort. $229/night
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,129. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,249
- Enjoy A Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau. Choose A Complimentary 2nd Vacation From Dozens Of Resorts When Booking Groups Of 4+
- Taste love in a bottle: Visit the Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum Distillery - $25
- Enjoy Suites from $216 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Tour Tropical Cacao Farm & Taste Tree-to-Bar Chocolate!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $2,099! SAVE $250pp
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Book The Paradise Wedding You Deserve Anywhere in Hawaii
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- A pair of BLT sliders are only $7 during happy hour at Tropics Tap House.
- Live-Action & Virtual Reality escape games! All private!