- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Boating & Sailing
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $909
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,329
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka'i in Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)