- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
REOPENING Dec 20th - MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Zipline through Mauis Tropical Plantation in Waikapu and end near Ma‘alaea Harbor.
BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Boating & Sailing
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $959
- Made in Hawaii Sanitizers, Sprays, Dots, Gallons
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Change the Way you See Hawaii with Shaka Guide’s GPS audio driving tours! It’s like having a tour guide in your car.
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- From $1,739 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Must Try Snacks. Hand picked by your Island Favorites
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- From $1,259 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $879 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- From $89 - West Oahu Scuba with Hawaii Nautical