- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Boating & Sailing
- Enjoy A FREE 2nd Honeymoon On Us When You Book Your Wedding Anywhere in Hawaii. Featuring Hawaiian Musicians, Dancers, Ceremony & More.
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Voted the best brunch on Maui - Sunday Champagne Brunch at Kaʻanapali Beach Hotel >> Reserve your table now
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $155/nt
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Deluxe Waterfall Safari: Experience the view from above!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $2,099! SAVE $250pp
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now