- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Boating & Sailing
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai on the ferry! Explore the island, golf, snorkel and more! Book your activities and ferry trip! $30 each way (adults)
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- FREE standard U.S. shipping on orders of $50 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $829
- Enjoy Hawaiian cuisine made with ingredients produced locally
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/code "Kailua"
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $15
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Help your graduate celebrate their achievement. Send graduation leis right to their door!