- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $999
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- REOPENING Dec 20th - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- From $1,409 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour in 2021 from $2,099
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- From $999 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels