- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Boating & Sailing
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg with luau, dinner cruise, daily breakfast & more! $410/nt
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- View planets & deep-sky objects of the Milky Way like nebulae, star clusters & the galaxies beyond from atop Haleakala w/ Maui Stargazing! $180/person
- Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii: SAVE 10% when booking 10 days in advance
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour from $1,899! SAVE $450pp
- Oahu's #1 tour on Hawaiian history & culture. Monarchs Tour: $129
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98
- SAVE $49.50! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau