- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Boating & Sailing
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $939
- FREE collectible tropical pen w/ purchase of $50 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at IL Lupino
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- From $1,399 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- From $1,099 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- FREE standard U.S. shipping on orders of $50+!