- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Inshore fishing trips utilize the fastest fishing vessels in Hawaii
BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Boating & Sailing
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort. $229/night
- Paddle a canoe for your first time! Learn from beachboys at Hale Huaka'i.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Book online & Save 15% off with Travel now to 10/31 on Maui and Kauai.
- Mike's Huli Chicken: Treat yourself to Hawaii's best Huli chicken!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- 12-Day Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour from $2,099! SAVE $250pp
- The largest studios & villas on Kauai starting at $389/night
- From $1,159 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki