- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua and Kahului, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Boating & Sailing
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka`i in Ka`anapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Come ride in paradise! West Maui Cycles offers bike rentals as low as $8.50 per day - from cruisers to competition-level bikes available.
- Regularly voted and commonly known as "Maui's Best Luau," Old Lahaina Luau hula and feast captivate audiences time and time again! BOOK NOW from $125.
- FREE BREAKFAST! Buy one, get one at Moose McGillycuddy's in Kihei, Maui! Purchase entree+2 drinks, get 2nd entree free, 7:30-10:30am for dine-in only.
- $5 double 20oz house margaritas on Tues. @ Fred's Mexican
- Hawaii timeshare owners get TOP PRIORITY on Hawaii exchanges
- Explore the Best Agriculture Tourism Destination in Hawaii
- [SCUBA] Dive into adventure with Dive Oahu for $149!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – All Islands
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- GET 15% OFF - Watumull's Hawaiian wear for the whole family
- SAVE $25 on Hoverboarding Tour of Waikiki with code SAVE25!