- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Zipline through Mauis Tropical Plantation in Waikapu and end near Ma‘alaea Harbor.
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Boating & Sailing
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,069
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $799
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by It's A Hawaii Thing Hosts. FREE SHIPPING.
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,229
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $989
- From $989 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- From $1,229 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Change the Way You See Hawaii with Shaka Guide GPS Tours!
- $1,069 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- From $889 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- $1,509 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car