- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Boating & Sailing
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg with four rounds of golf per stay, club rentals and cart! $339/nt
- Adventure under the sea and get a kid’s ride free with the purchase of an adult! Explore Maui’s underwater paradise in a real submarine!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Sunday Night Trivia hosted by Professor Fincher at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM! Lots of Prizes!
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- 15% Off: Snorkel the reefs off Kailua Beach & Lanikai Beach
- $1,229 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- See the island of Lanai! 4x4 Trekker Tour from $180.96!
- Save 25%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort
- $25 lunch for 2 at Brick Over Pizza! Med. pizza + soup/salad