- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Boating & Sailing
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $235/nt
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special from $109 per person
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $969
- Maui’s most amazing Sunset Cruise. Enjoy tantalizing pupus & island-style music against the backdrop of a stunning sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Book& Save 10%
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $849
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Web Special: Waikiki & Hawaii Gun Club – Hawaii’s #1 Shooting Experience
- Life Vest/Flotation Device Rentals for $5!
- BAKER'S DOZEN SPECIAL from Hamakua Mac Nut Company-SHOP NOW!
- From $69 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Get on a snorkeling tour at Pu‘u Keka‘a (Black Rock)!
- Find your right surfboard at Surfboard Factory Hawaii
- Buy our Ali‘i Lu‘au Package and save over $50! Book today!
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu