- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Kids ride free with adult purchase on a submarine adventure!
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Boating & Sailing
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Save $30 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $129.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Sit back, relax, & enjoy a quiet neighborhood setting at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night, just a few miles from Lahaina and Kaanapali.
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Explore the Best Agriculture Tourism Destination in Hawaii
- BUY ONE, GET ONE BREAKFAST at Moose McGillycuddy's in Kihei!
- Kids ride free with adult purchase on a submarine adventure!
- Kō Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35
- 8 World-class, dual ziplines at CLIMB Works Keana Farms
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals