- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Boating & Sailing on Maui
What’s more exhilarating than being on a boat, wind in your hair, sunshine radiating from the skies, and the promise of wonder waiting to be discovered under clear blue waters? May it be to witness a majestic whale breaching, swim along a green sea turtle, or be off the grid for a few hours to reconvene with nature, any reason to climb on board and sail the great Pacific makes for an extraordinary day.
To explore Maui by water, boat tours depart from Lahaina harbor and Kaanapali Beach on the west side, the more centrally located Maalaea harbor by the Pali coastline, or Wailea Beach on the south shore. For adventures on smaller motorized rafts, the meeting spots would be Kihei boat ramp on the south side and Mala Wharf in Lahaina. Quick morning trips—usually two to four hours, all-day boat tours, or a romantic sunset sail will take you to the most ideal sites for the day. Most boat tours include food and beverages plus a snorkel site or two.
Whale season brings two-hour whale watch trips in addition to the usual charters. Most of these trips include commentary from a naturalist on board and some hydrophone action to hear the mighty humpbacks sing.
On West Maui, the breath-taking Honolua Bay, Olowalu reef and Coral Garden are among the most popular destinations. If weather doesn’t permit ideal visibility at these areas, there is always Mala Wharf, where a thriving reef grew from a collapsed fishing pier. It’s an interesting reef with much to see, although it would’ve been free and fairly easy to swim to from the shore.
Boating & Sailing Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Boating & Sailing
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5”x7” Portrait
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Your Love Deserves A Wedding Ceremony That Lasts A Lifetime, Count On Us To Plan Your Authentic Hawaiian Wedding In Paradise.
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Royal Kona Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car & parking! $299/nt
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Only Island Helicopters can land you at Jurassic Falls.
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- Deluxe Waterfall Safari: Experience the view from above!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- Experience all of Oahu for $118 on an Island and You tour!
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Save 18% on packages - Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel