- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Ziplines on Maui
Though some countries — most notably Costa Rica — had ziplines well before Maui, the very first zipline in the United States was on the Valley Isle.
In 2002, when Skyline Eco-Adventures opened in Kula, they kicked off a trend that would rapidly become one of the island’s most popular activities. Today the number of ziplines on Maui is eight. But that number is climbing, as it’s not just the rush of adrenaline that makes it a popular visitor outing, but the views you get while standing atop the platforms.
At Skyline Eco-Adventures’ Kā‘anapali location, guests are treated to sweeping views of the entire West Maui shoreline. These adventures take place on a mountainside slope that’s closed to the general public. Same goes for Kapalua Ziplines on the island’s northwestern coast, where the view not only looks out towards Moloka‘i and the white-capped Pailolo Channel, but the lines also span across forested valleys set high in the West Maui rainforest.
Family-Friendly to Adventure-Driven
The great thing about the different ziplines on Maui is that visitors now have the freedom to choose the adventure that offers the best fit. For travelers visiting the island with young children, Maui Zipline Company offers ziplining for children as young as five years old. Other operators, like Flyin’ Hawaiian, cater to more adventurous travelers and has Maui’s longest zipline that spans 3,600 feet. This 8-line course covers so much ground, you actually finish in a different town from where the tour begins.
Since ziplining on Maui is such a social activity for groups of friends and families, another important consideration is choosing a company with parallel lines so you can fly through the air together. Pi‘iholo Zipline outside of Makawao offers parallel lines on their tours and the final zip of the 5-line course lets you fly more than 600 feet above the valley floor.
Hana and Haleakala Ziplines
Jungle Zipline on the Road to Hana is a way to break up the winding drive by soaring through a tropical rainforest. Or, bundle a trip to Haleakalā with ziplining on the original Skyline Eco-Adventures course and coast through groves of Eucalyptus.
Maui Zipline Guidelines and Tips
Finally, while ziplining on Maui is open to most travelers, every company has different requirements for who can zip on their course. All companies have weight requirements, which usually range from a 60-pound minimum to a 250-pound maximum. Every company is different, however, so be sure to inquire ahead of time. You’ll also want to wear closed toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, bring a light jacket since the air is cooler in the mountains.
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua and Kahului, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $969
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- From $26.74 - Whale watching on Maui's most comfortable, stable and spacious whale watching boats! BOOK NOW!
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5”x7” Portrait
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,459
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding! Click here & call to book!
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Explore Haleakala: Experience Maui’s #1 Attraction with a luxury van tour or cruise down the mountain on our top-of-the-line bikes.
- Experience tradition from farm to cup. Buy 100% Kona Coffee.
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Tour Oahu's most awe-inspiring landmarks. From $53+
- Lanai Snorkel & Dolphin Tour on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina