- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Ziplines on Maui
Though some countries — most notably Costa Rica — had ziplines well before Maui, the very first zipline in the United States was on the Valley Isle.
In 2002, when Skyline Eco-Adventures opened in Kula, they kicked off a trend that would rapidly become one of the island’s most popular activities. Today the number of ziplines on Maui is eight. But that number is climbing, as it’s not just the rush of adrenaline that makes it a popular visitor outing, but the views you get while standing atop the platforms.
At Skyline Eco-Adventures’ Kā‘anapali location, guests are treated to sweeping views of the entire West Maui shoreline. These adventures take place on a mountainside slope that’s closed to the general public. Same goes for Kapalua Ziplines on the island’s northwestern coast, where the view not only looks out towards Moloka‘i and the white-capped Pailolo Channel, but the lines also span across forested valleys set high in the West Maui rainforest.
Family-Friendly to Adventure-Driven
The great thing about the different ziplines on Maui is that visitors now have the freedom to choose the adventure that offers the best fit. For travelers visiting the island with young children, Maui Zipline Company offers ziplining for children as young as five years old. Other operators, like Flyin’ Hawaiian, cater to more adventurous travelers and has Maui’s longest zipline that spans 3,600 feet. This 8-line course covers so much ground, you actually finish in a different town from where the tour begins.
Since ziplining on Maui is such a social activity for groups of friends and families, another important consideration is choosing a company with parallel lines so you can fly through the air together. Pi‘iholo Zipline outside of Makawao offers parallel lines on their tours and the final zip of the 5-line course lets you fly more than 600 feet above the valley floor.
Hana and Haleakala Ziplines
Jungle Zipline on the Road to Hana is a way to break up the winding drive by soaring through a tropical rainforest. Or, bundle a trip to Haleakalā with ziplining on the original Skyline Eco-Adventures course and coast through groves of Eucalyptus.
Maui Zipline Guidelines and Tips
Finally, while ziplining on Maui is open to most travelers, every company has different requirements for who can zip on their course. All companies have weight requirements, which usually range from a 60-pound minimum to a 250-pound maximum. Every company is different, however, so be sure to inquire ahead of time. You’ll also want to wear closed toe shoes and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Also, bring a light jacket since the air is cooler in the mountains.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Volunteer your time and services and join in fun and impactful activities at low or no cost - a service of travel2change, a progressive non-profit.
- It’s a NEVER-ENDING Summer at Castle Resorts & Hotels! Save up to 30% OFF! For Stays Now until 12/15/2019!
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $235/nt
- Save up to 25% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $115 pp
- Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages From $209 Per Room Night!
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Get your PADI Scuba Certifications with Aqua Zone SCUBA
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- $20 Snorkel Set with free transportation to the Bay
- Annie’s Burgers Voted BEST BURGER 2011-2017 by WHT readers
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- No resort fee, ever. @Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel