Waterfall Hike & Chocolate Tour – The Kings Gardens Maui
Voted Best Of Maui & A Must Do While On Maui!
The Kings Gardens Maui open after 100 years, The Kings Gardens Maui now is offering fun adventure educational waterfall hikes & chocolate tours through a royal historical Hawaiian Heritage Estate with a guide. The Kings Gardens Maui isn’t just a trek through a beautiful tropical rain forest, but an exploration of cultural and natural history. Guests can witness the world’s largest dinosaur ferns, the ancient water tunnel of Mo’o Kana and the King’s scared pool.
Chocolate Tour: cacao considered “The food of the Gods”, The Kings Gardens Maui’s chocolate Tour features an exploration of their magical cacao gardens. This intriguing tour offers an in-depth presentation of the farm harvesting and the production of chocolate, from the tree to the table, including tasting. What’s more, all proceeds go to charity to support efforts to protect and maintain the kings garden.
- Do good while having fun as all profits go to charity to help restore, maintain & preserve this ancient sacred treasure.
- Hike to see a sacred waterfall
- Experience an epic rain forest & see the world’s largest prehistoric ferns
- Learn about the king’s sacred historical sites
- See the water cave of Mo’o Kana, the mythological lizard god
- Hike through a wild lush tropical estate with forest farming
- Walk in the footsteps of the king on his ancient foot paths
- Difficulty level: Medium, about 1.5 miles; features multiple stops at points of interest
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Includes light snacks and Lemon Pelligrino
- Chocolate Tour: you get to see cacao (chocolate) growing in its natural rainforest environment!
- Learn how it goes from the tree to the yummy delightful dessert known the world over!
- You get to make your own chocolate treats & taste chocolate from around the world
- Why our chocolate tour is the best! We show case only the best organic chocolates & support farms who protect the rainforests & are practicing fair trade!
- “Where fern gully meets jurassic park & a taste of hana without the long drive all in one.” a maui original!
- The fun sights guests get to enjoy include:
- A scenic waterfall only 30 minutes from Kahului
- Enjoy seeing a captivating jungle stream
- See the sacred waterfall of the gardens
- Experience the ancient water tunnel of mo’o the giant lizard god
- Enjoy the trill of going into a mysterious tropical rain forest
- See the worlds largest prehistoric ferns
- Learn about chocolate at our (cacao) grove
- Learn about Hawaiian medicinals and our forest farm botanicals
- Great for those who love gardens, natural & cultural history & find happiness is helping a good cause