- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Nightlife on Maui
While nightlife on Maui isn’t as hopping as Vegas or Waikiki, there’s still a decent party scene for visitors who want to get dressed up and spend a night on the town. That said, only a handful of bars or nightclubs stay open past 10 p.m., and even fewer have designated dance floors you’re legally allowed to dance on.
Because Maui is such an active location full of beaches, hiking and snorkeling, oftentimes people are simply too tired to party late into the night. It’s a surprising reality for an island as popular and heavily visited as Maui, but there are all sorts of options for those just looking for dinner, drinks and a show.
The Triangle in Kihei
The highest concentration of nightlife on Maui is found at “The Triangle” in Kīhei, where so many bars are jammed into one courtyard, you can get lost in the “Bar-muda Triangle.” Here you’ll find everything from swanky martini bars and classic, no-nonsense dives to DJs spinning top-40 tunes until 2 a.m.
Best Ladies Night on the Island, Makawao
Another option is Casanova Italian Restaurant, located in Makawao, which hosts visiting bands and DJs on weekends and offers the island’s best “Ladies Night” on Wednesdays until 2 a.m.
Lahaina Nightlife Scene
Lahaina, on the other hand, was once the island’s party town with multiple late-night clubs, but only a couple of places are allowed to offer dancing. Longhi’s is one of those spots and occasionally hosts DJs above their iconic restaurant on Front Street. Paradise Bar and Grill in Kā‘anapali is another popular late-night watering hole, and Black Rock Lounge at the Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa turns into a nightclub on weekends.
Bars on Maui
For what it lacks in nightclubs, however, Lahaina makes up for in bars and restaurants. Many of these establishments offer live music, and a couple of dives, like The Sly Mongoose, stay open until 2 a.m. The Dirty Monkey is the newest addition to Lahaina’s late night scene and features a selection of hard-to-find whiskeys with music and DJs on weekends. Many of the bars around Lahaina Harbor, like Cool Cat Café and Down the Hatch, are good places to find the town’s fishermen and boat crew as they festively drink through their tips. Kimo’s is where to find slack key guitar by the flickering light of a tiki torch, and the Maui Brewing Company pub in Kahana is the original location of one of Hawai‘i’s largest and most popular craft breweries.
Maui’s Best Date Night, Napili Kai
For a full evening of slack key guitar, the Slack Key Show at Nāpili Kai takes place Wednesday nights, and when paired with dinner at the Sea House Restaurant, is arguably Maui’s best date night. Here you’ll find Grammy award-winning guitar players in an intimate oceanfront setting who perform in a kanikapila style where they “talk story” with the crowd.
Live Music in Wailea
Another one of Maui’s best shows is at Mulligan’s on the Blue in Wailea, where local artist, Willie K, amazes the crowd with his range of styles from Hawaiian to opera and rock. Or, if you just want a casual cocktail while watching the sun go down, the lobby bars inside Wailea resorts offer live music and hula dancing most evenings around sunset.
Check out a Luau on Maui
Lū‘au, of course, are also a big part of nightlife on Maui for visitors, and the favorite, hands down, is Old Lahaina Lū‘au, located on Front Street. Here you experience an authentic Hawaiian evening of entertainment — that means no fire dancing since it’s an art form that originates from Samoa. The Feast at Lele, on the other hand, offers a lū‘au show with fire dancing and Polynesian cuisine, as does Wailele Polynesian Lū‘au at The Westin Maui Resort and Spa and The Grand Lū‘au at Honua‘ula in Wailea. For a riveting performance on Hawaiian history — without the feast — catch a showing of ‘Ulalena at Maui Theater in Lahaina.
A Night of Laughs on Maui
While it might not be the most intuitive way to spend an evening on Maui, Warren and Annabelle’s Magic Dinner Show is a sidesplitting evening of comedy, dinner and magic on Front Street in Lahaina. The show takes place in a hidden parlor that’s “haunted” by Annabelle, the ghost. Be warned, however, that if you sit in the front row, you’ll end up as part of the show!
Finally, to combine a classic island activity with drinks, music and dancing, Club Ali‘i Nui is just like a nightclub — only it’s on a catamaran. Trips depart from Mā‘alaea Harbor on Wednesday and Friday nights and the party goes from 9:30-11:30 p.m., with hotel pickup included.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Inshore fishing trips utilize the fastest fishing vessels in Hawaii
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka'i in Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Book online & Save 15% off with Travel now to 10/31 on Maui and Kauai.
- Explore one of the top aquariums in the world! Visit Maui Ocean Center for an authentic marine experience. Day, Week & Annual passes from $29.95/adult
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Haleakala Sunset & Stargazing Tour - $180/person - BOOK NOW!
- Reserve your suite at ESPACIO and discover a rare and elegant luxury hotel experience unlike any other.
- Cruzin Hawaii – Save money on parking and gas! Moped and motorcycle rentals
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- From $749 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10% with code HICOM
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates