- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Helicopter Tours on Maui
You know that feeling when you look at a menu and you want to try one of everything? That’s a little what it’s like when choosing a helicopter tour on Maui.
On one hand you have the combo tours of Haleakalā Crater and Hāna, and on the other you have West Maui’s waterfalls and valleys combined with the Molokaʻi sea cliffs. You can choose a tour that touches down at a private, oceanfront viewpoint or even opt to ditch the doors and cruise with the wind in your face.
If you choose to fly over West Maui and then cross the channel to Molokaʻi, you’ll not only get to fly through valleys that are inaccessible by land but zip beneath 3,500 ft. sea cliffs that are some of the tallest in the world. During the winter from December-March, there’s even the chance you’ll spot Humpback whales in the waters beneath your feet.
If you choose to fly east, on the other hand, over Haleakalā Crater, you’ll cruise above a lunar landscape that’s packed with multihued cinder and explore areas like Ko‘olau Gap where thick green rainforest spills from the crater all the way down to the sea. There aren’t any roads, or even trails, that explore this section of mountain, and the only way you can see what’s out there is by literally taking to the skies.Read more
Finally, a logistical aspect that’s often overlooked is that you can’t schedule a Maui helicopter tour for 24 hours after scuba diving. This means if you’re going to Molokini Crater or scuba diving off of Lānaʻi, then you can’t schedule a helicopter tour for sunset, or even early the next morning.
Even if you are planning to scuba dive in Maui, you should still take time to include a Maui helicopter tour in your schedule, since minute-for-minute it’s the very best money you’ll spend on the Valley Isle.
Helicopter Tours Directory
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua and Kahului, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- SAVE $900 per couple! Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour - 12 Days now from only $2,099!
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $989
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Spirit of Aloha Pkg: Bundle room, breakfast, rental car, & parking and save $65 per day! $279/nt
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,349
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Experience tradition from farm to cup. Buy 100% Kona Coffee.
- 15% Off kayak rentals from Kailua Beach Adventures
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $279/nt
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- Whale Encounter Package available - Save $268!
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- 45% off hotel + free breakfast for 2. Save addt'l $32 daily!
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg w/4 rounds from $339/nt