- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Helicopter Tours on Maui
You know that feeling when you look at a menu and you want to try one of everything? That’s a little what it’s like when choosing a helicopter tour on Maui.
On one hand you have the combo tours of Haleakalā Crater and Hāna, and on the other you have West Maui’s waterfalls and valleys combined with the Molokaʻi sea cliffs. You can choose a tour that touches down at a private, oceanfront viewpoint or even opt to ditch the doors and cruise with the wind in your face.
If you choose to fly over West Maui and then cross the channel to Molokaʻi, you’ll not only get to fly through valleys that are inaccessible by land but zip beneath 3,500 ft. sea cliffs that are some of the tallest in the world. During the winter from December-March, there’s even the chance you’ll spot Humpback whales in the waters beneath your feet.
If you choose to fly east, on the other hand, over Haleakalā Crater, you’ll cruise above a lunar landscape that’s packed with multihued cinder and explore areas like Ko‘olau Gap where thick green rainforest spills from the crater all the way down to the sea. There aren’t any roads, or even trails, that explore this section of mountain, and the only way you can see what’s out there is by literally taking to the skies.Read more
Finally, a logistical aspect that’s often overlooked is that you can’t schedule a Maui helicopter tour for 24 hours after scuba diving. This means if you’re going to Molokini Crater or scuba diving off of Lānaʻi, then you can’t schedule a helicopter tour for sunset, or even early the next morning.
Even if you are planning to scuba dive in Maui, you should still take time to include a Maui helicopter tour in your schedule, since minute-for-minute it’s the very best money you’ll spend on the Valley Isle.
Helicopter Tours Directory
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Up to 25% OFF: Winter Beach Condo Sale at 350+ Maui & Kauai Condos
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,099
- Regularly voted and commonly known as "Maui's Best Luau," Old Lahaina Luau hula and feast captivate audiences time and time again! BOOK NOW from $125.
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5”x7” Portrait
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- Whale watching on Maui from $26.74 - BOOK NOW!
- Napali Sunset Tour from $114 - BOOK NOW!
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $259/nt
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Book 7 nights or more & receive 10% off at Hotel Coral Reef
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/ code