- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Helicopter Tours on Maui
You know that feeling when you look at a menu and you want to try one of everything? That’s a little what it’s like when choosing a helicopter tour on Maui.
On one hand you have the combo tours of Haleakalā Crater and Hāna, and on the other you have West Maui’s waterfalls and valleys combined with the Molokaʻi sea cliffs. You can choose a tour that touches down at a private, oceanfront viewpoint or even opt to ditch the doors and cruise with the wind in your face.
If you choose to fly over West Maui and then cross the channel to Molokaʻi, you’ll not only get to fly through valleys that are inaccessible by land but zip beneath 3,500 ft. sea cliffs that are some of the tallest in the world. During the winter from December-March, there’s even the chance you’ll spot Humpback whales in the waters beneath your feet.
If you choose to fly east, on the other hand, over Haleakalā Crater, you’ll cruise above a lunar landscape that’s packed with multihued cinder and explore areas like Ko‘olau Gap where thick green rainforest spills from the crater all the way down to the sea. There aren’t any roads, or even trails, that explore this section of mountain, and the only way you can see what’s out there is by literally taking to the skies.Read more
Finally, a logistical aspect that’s often overlooked is that you can’t schedule a Maui helicopter tour for 24 hours after scuba diving. This means if you’re going to Molokini Crater or scuba diving off of Lānaʻi, then you can’t schedule a helicopter tour for sunset, or even early the next morning.
Even if you are planning to scuba dive in Maui, you should still take time to include a Maui helicopter tour in your schedule, since minute-for-minute it’s the very best money you’ll spend on the Valley Isle.
Helicopter Tours Directory
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show from $115 per person
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina
- Book Online & Save including Receive FREE Parking and a FREE Photo at Royal Lahaina Luau! BOOK NOW from $108.
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $909
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $235/nt
- Do what the Hawaiians Do - Wa‘a (Canoe) Paddling
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg w/4 rounds from $339/nt
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 35% when you stay 3 or more nights
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Enjoy Suites from $216 at Paradise Bay Resort on Oahu
- Surfs up with Dive Oahu and Surf! 1-hour lessons $125!
- SAVE $25 on Hoverboarding Tour of Waikiki with code SAVE25!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- A pair of BLT sliders are only $7 during happy hour at Tropics Tap House.