- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Helicopter Tours on Maui
You know that feeling when you look at a menu and you want to try one of everything? That’s a little what it’s like when choosing a helicopter tour on Maui.
On one hand you have the combo tours of Haleakalā Crater and Hāna, and on the other you have West Maui’s waterfalls and valleys combined with the Molokaʻi sea cliffs. You can choose a tour that touches down at a private, oceanfront viewpoint or even opt to ditch the doors and cruise with the wind in your face.
If you choose to fly over West Maui and then cross the channel to Molokaʻi, you’ll not only get to fly through valleys that are inaccessible by land but zip beneath 3,500 ft. sea cliffs that are some of the tallest in the world. During the winter from December-March, there’s even the chance you’ll spot Humpback whales in the waters beneath your feet.
If you choose to fly east, on the other hand, over Haleakalā Crater, you’ll cruise above a lunar landscape that’s packed with multihued cinder and explore areas like Ko‘olau Gap where thick green rainforest spills from the crater all the way down to the sea. There aren’t any roads, or even trails, that explore this section of mountain, and the only way you can see what’s out there is by literally taking to the skies.Read more
Finally, a logistical aspect that’s often overlooked is that you can’t schedule a Maui helicopter tour for 24 hours after scuba diving. This means if you’re going to Molokini Crater or scuba diving off of Lānaʻi, then you can’t schedule a helicopter tour for sunset, or even early the next morning.
Even if you are planning to scuba dive in Maui, you should still take time to include a Maui helicopter tour in your schedule, since minute-for-minute it’s the very best money you’ll spend on the Valley Isle.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $919. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Adventure Starts Here! Soar high through the canopy with Northshore Zipline on Maui - BOOK NOW from $119 per person!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $69.95
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.