- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Farm Tours Directory
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Save 25% when you add breakfast to your stay at Royal Lahaina
- Save $30 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $114.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Wild Tiki Fun Zone has something fun for all ages!
- Save up to 25% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- Visit Pearl Harbor with Hawaii's top tour company! As low as $49
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
- Fly 800-1,200 feet above Kona with UFO Parasail - $89+
- [SCUBA] Dive into adventure with Dive Oahu for $149!