- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Farm Tours Directory
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Inshore fishing trips utilize the fastest fishing vessels in Hawaii
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Book now for inshore fishing trip & whale watch with UFO Parasail Maui $99+
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour – SAVE $900 per couple on Aug 4 departure! 12 days and 4 islands starting at $2,299!
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $889
- Start your water adventures with waterboys at Hale Huaka'i in Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Wa'a tour, Snorkeling tour & SUP lesson
- Experience all of Oahu on an Island and You tour! $10 off with code HIDEAL
- Cruzin Hawaii – Save money on parking and gas! Moped and motorcycle rentals
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Get on a snorkeling tour at Pu'u Keka'a (Black Rock)!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Whale Watching season is ON @Ko Olina Ocean Adventures NOW!
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- From $1,189 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Get 15% off paddle board lessons in Kailua w/code "Kailua"