Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Farm Tours Directory
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Get $10 OFF flyboard activities on Maui when you book the EARLY BIRD ONLINE SPECIAL!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 30% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 7 Night Norwegian Cruise from $1,199
- GET 15% OFF local favorites like fish jerky, dried fruits, cookies & candies! Hungry Hawaiian is your online source for Hawaii snacks: use code HUNHWN
- Traditional Japanese gifts and items are available from Iida's Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Free expert packing. Shop today!
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial & USS Missouri and take a city tour of Honolulu from $89.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $429.99.
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- From $699 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Swim in Poipu Beach on Kauai! Book rooms from $169/night!
- Book a private, luxury tour of Oahu for 2 people, for $280!
- Swim with wild dolphins and sea turtles for $156 per person!
- 15% OFF Hawaii's favorite local snacks - use code HUNHWN!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $499/nt
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Royal Kona Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car & parking! $285/nt