Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Farm Tours Directory
Kids are 50% off when booking Jungle Zipline's 7-Line tour.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Get $10 OFF Maui Snorkeling and SNUBA Adventures - BOOK NOW!
- Royal Lahaina Resort on Kaanapali Beach - Aloha Rates from $215/nt
- Volunteer your time and services and join in fun and impactful activities at low or no cost - a service of travel2change, a progressive non-profit.
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,059
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- 2 for 1 special! 12 days from only $1999, Nov 30 departure - Hawaiian Island Cruise & Tour – Cruise Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Hawaii
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $215/nt
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $250/nt
- Jack’s Diving Locker (Kona) - Specialty Dives for ONLY $175!
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Late Night! Open 7:30am 'til 2am!
- 17-Night Hawaii Cruise from $1,599 on Holland America Line
- Royal Lahaina Paradise Pkg-F&B credit, car, & more! $400/nt
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Zipline thru a jungle on Maui's North Shore from $89 online!