Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Farm Tours Directory
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
- $499 per person - Experience a Volcano Air Tour that takes you over the coastlines of Maui and the Big Island with views of current volcanic activity!
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE 5”x7” Portrait
- 15% - 20% OFF – Save at 375+ Maui & Kauai Beach Condos in 2018!
- From $79 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Feel the heat on our Kilauea Lava Hike starting from $179!
- Waikiki Escape - 35% off ultra-luxurious accommodations!
- Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Book rooms at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- Royal Lahaina Romance Pkg w/Dinner, luau, & more fr. $485/nt
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $149/nt
- 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure; fr $899. See Big Island & Oahu