- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Farm Tours on Maui
Do you know when a pineapple tastes really fresh?
When it’s picked off the plant and immediately sliced into pieces right there in the field.
The same goes for salad you’ve picked yourself while wandering around the farm, and coffee that’s made from beans that are grown and roasted ten feet away.
Because of all the farm tours on Maui, visitors are able to experience the freshness of dining right in the field, as well as taste exotic flavors and foods that aren’t found at home.
Take, for example, the coconut trees at Punakea Palms in Lahaina, where you learn how to harvest fleshy meat and water straight from the nut. There’s also the Maui Dragonfruit Farm just a few miles down the road, where you learn all about the bright pink fruit and get the chance to eat pineapple, bananas and whatever is currently in season. Read more
For the greatest number of farm tours on Maui, be sure to spend an entire day exploring Upcountry, in Kula. You can wander through violet lavender fields or sample artisanal goat cheese, and enjoy a gourmet farm tour and luncheon at 8-acre O‘o Farm.
If you’re visiting Upcountry from February through July, you can pay a visit to Shim Farm to tour a family-owned coffee plantation, and O‘o Farm offers coffee tours during all times of the year.
Or if it’s flowers, rather than fruit, that draw you out to the garden, the Enchanted Floral Garden in Kula has 1,500 species of flowers to see on a self-guided tour.
Most importantly, aside from the flowers, fruits, coffee, colors, aromas and flavors, the best thing about joining a farm tour on Maui is the fact that your dollars are helping keep farming both viable and sustainable on Maui.
It’s hard to turn a profit when trying to grow your own food, but by fusing tourism with agriculture and educating guests about produce, farmers and ranchers – the protectors of open space – have created one of the best ways to spend a day on Maui, for themselves and visitors alike.
Zipline through Mauis Tropical Plantation in Waikapu and end near Ma‘alaea Harbor.
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
REOPENING Dec 20th - MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,509
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $999
- Big Island & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, starting from $989
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by It's A Hawaii Thing Hosts. FREE SHIPPING.
- 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- From $1,259 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $589 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Shaka Guide: Choose from 21 Socially-Distanced Audio Tours
- From $89 - West Oahu Scuba with Hawaii Nautical
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!