- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,135
- FREE standard U.S. shipping on orders of $50 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1069
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Hawaii's largest open-air marketplace. $1 Admission/person!
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Kids 2-11 swim with dolphins for $114 with code HIDEAL!
- Visit Maui Ocean Center! Passes start at $29.95 per adult
- $1089 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $186
- Come Play Towards The Ocean at Princeville Makai
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount