- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
- Maui’s most amazing Sunset Cruise. Enjoy tantalizing pupus & island-style music against the backdrop of a stunning sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Book& Save 10%
- Locally owned and operated, Island Helicopters has nearly 40 years in the tourism industry on the Garden Island of Kauai.
- View planets & deep-sky objects of the Milky Way like nebulae, star clusters & the galaxies beyond from atop Haleakala w/ Maui Stargazing! $180/person
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Your Love Deserves A Wedding Ceremony That Lasts A Lifetime, Count On Us To Plan Your Authentic Hawaiian Wedding In Paradise.
- A Local Favorite: Music, Cocktails & Cuisine at Blue Note
- From $69 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $78 pp
- Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for an unforgettable experience.
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- Royal Lahaina Resort - Aloha Reduced Rates from $235/nt
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98