Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
Kids are 50% off when booking Jungle Zipline's 7-Line tour.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Save $30 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Lahaina Resort
- A few minutes drive from Palms at Wailea Maui by Outrigger are some of Maui's most beautiful beaches. Experience scenic Maui from $169/night!
- Find Japanese specialty items, including figurines and dolls, from Iida's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Shop today!
- Sit back, relax, & enjoy a quiet neighborhood setting at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night, just a few miles from Lahaina and Kaanapali.
- From $114 - Napali Sunset Tour with Holo Holo Charters!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $130 including Lunch!
- 2 for 1 on 12 Day Hawaii Islands Cruise & Tour on 11/30, Save now!
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- Affordable island hopping awaits with Mokulele Airlines!
- Start Your Vacation with Aloha! Book an Airport Lei Greeting
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Enjoy a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner at Miyako
- Hawaii Ocean Project: Maui's most booked tours for 35 years!
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.