- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
Friendly Charters – Maui Snorkeling Adventures and SNUBA
Snorkeling and SNUBA on the Lani Kai The Lani Kai…
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Find hand-sculpted, one-of-a-kind art pieces that are visually stunning as well as functional at Maui Ceramics from $245 and up!
- Aina Nalu Lahaina by Outrigger - an oasis of tranquility nestled in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina town. Enjoy room discounts from 54% off!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1179. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Top Hawaii Cruise Deals: 14 Night Princess Cruise from $1,399
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $108 pp
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- $809 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $114 - Napali Sunset Tour with Holo Holo Charters!
- Kokee Lodge - a cozy restaurant, bar and retail shop!
- Oceanfront Royal Kona Resort – Aloha Rates from $155/nt
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- Enjoy an award-winning Sunday Champagne Brunch on Maui!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- National Car Rental: Take control of your Hawaii vacation