- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
REOPENING Dec 20th - MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $909
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,419
- 50% OFF Made in Hawaii Sanitizers, Sprays, Dots, Gallons with code HI50
- Kaka'ako Kasuals' Kewalos reef walkers will stick with tiny explorers through every adventure!
- Are you an Amazing Maui Babe? Shop now for the best tanning lotions, sunscreen, & skincare products at Maui Babe! Get free shipping on all US orders $30 and more.
- Get Hawaii's Premium High Performance Natural Zinc Sunscreen
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- From $1,099 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- $849 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $879 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure