Family Activities on Maui
Remember that time you caught your first wave at the start of your Maui surf lesson? Or the silence, peace, and sense of calm from high in the seat of a parasail?
Maui is an island where memories are made—the type that end up on Christmas cards— and there’s little wonder why families have named it the best island in the world.
With all the attractions, activities, and excursions that are offered around the island, one of Maui’s best family activities is simply a day at the beach. Bodysurfing, after all, doesn’t cost a dime, nor does building a massive sandcastle or scouring the tide pools for fish. For a few extra bucks you can rent some snorkels and maybe a couple of boogie boards—just don’t forget the reef-safe sunscreen since nobody wants to get burned. For family-friendly beaches in Maui, Kapalua Bay has easy access, showers, restrooms, and snorkeling, and Ka‘anapali Beach is an island classic for snorkeling and jumping off “Black Rock.” If the family is staying in South Maui, there’s plenty of parking at Keawakapu Beach and a park at Kamaole III, or choose to hop from beach to beach while strolling Wailea’s boardwalk.
Family Activities Directory
Skyline Eco-Adventures – Haleakala & Kaanapali, Maui
HALEAKALA, MAUI Experience an Indiana Jones style swinging bridge and…
Mokulele Air Tours offers scenic routes departing from Kapalua, Maui to see the most recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world on the island of Molokai.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $869
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Plan Your Dream Ocean Front Wedding: enhance your wedding reception and ceremony with wedding planning, catering, venues, packages & more!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Complimentary Breakfast Offer. BOOK NOW!
- From $149/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Test your skills and wits at Room With a Clue! Learn more.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Start your search for a Hawaii Vacation. Book Now!
- FREE Cabin Upgrade May 11 - Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour $183*/ per day
- Hyatt Place Waikiki-Free Breakfast & Wi-Fi. No Resort Free.
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg w/4 rounds from $309/nt
- Old-school, fresh Italian pasta prepared daily at Il Lupino
- Maunakea Stargazing LIVE in ‘Imiloa’s Planetarium!