- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Click now to make your own glass art! Save $5 w/ code HAWAII
- Regularly voted and commonly known as "Maui's Best Luau," Old Lahaina Luau hula and feast captivate audiences time and time again! BOOK NOW from $125.
- Check out our daily web specials.
- Stay up to date with current ocean conditions in Hawaii: Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current hazard levels at Hawaii's popular beaches.
- Maui’s most amazing Sunset Cruise. Enjoy tantalizing pupus & island-style music against the backdrop of a stunning sunset over the Pacific Ocean. Book& Save 10%
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- From $1,119 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- Annie’s Island Fresh Burgers-Daily Happy Hour from 3pm-5pm
- Royal Lahaina Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise & more! $410/nt
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $130 including Lunch!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Discounts at Dolphin Quest for Hawaii Residents and Military
- From $1,399 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Receive Military Discounts For Your Service
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait