- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
See recent volcanic activity on Hawaii Island or the tallest sea cliffs in the world of Molokai.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Enjoy A Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau. Choose A Complimentary 2nd Vacation From Dozens Of Resorts When Booking Groups Of 4+
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,309
- Save $30 Daily! Pre-purchase breakfast, car, and parking at Royal Lahaina Resort
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Best staycation, ever! - Kamaʻāna Rate available
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Beautiful Maui Sunrise Whalewatch tour. Book & Save 10%
- Annie’s Burgers Voted BEST BURGER 2011-2017 by WHT readers
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 35% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- From $69 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Nā Pali Riders offers one of a kind Whale Expeditions
- Holo i Kahiki - Start your Hawaiian Adventure
- Make a Play Date with a Dolphin at Dolphin Quest Hawaii