- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special from $108 per person
- NEW Limited Time Promotion: Get $95 in savings book the Spirit of Aloha Pkg at Royal Lahaina Resort! $299/nt. Book by Nov. 30th
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Stay up to date with current ocean conditions in Hawaii: Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current hazard levels at Hawaii's popular beaches.
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's secret recipes from $12.70!
- Late night fun on Mondays at Down The Hatch Maui starts @ 10
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Paradise Helicopters 10% off! See volcanoes, waterfalls & coastlines.
- Intimate, stylish Waikiki condo from $189/night
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn Standard Special from $139/nt
- From $200: Napali Coast tour + forbidden island snorkel
- Book direct, get the best rates at Waikiki Resort Hotel.
- $1,059 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Kamaaina rates available at Kaanapali Beach Hotel!