- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island from $329.99. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Sunday Night Trivia hosted by Professor Fincher at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM! Lots of Prizes!
- Enjoy A Spectacular Beachside Maui Luau. Choose A Complimentary 2nd Vacation From Dozens Of Resorts When Booking Groups Of 4+
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - SAVE $500 per couple on all 2020 departures! 13-day guided tour starting at $1,999! Inter-island flights included.
- Royal Kona Experience Pkg w/Luau, cruise, breakfast! $325/nt
- Swim with dolphins & sea turtles for $146 with code HIDEAL!
- $1,189 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- See the island of Lanai! 4x4 Trekker Tour from $180.96!
- Kaku Sushi, Waikiki: Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet!
- 45% OFF & Free Breakfast at Oahu's tropical, boutique resort
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- $579 & up - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Ko Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35