- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Ocean-side lawns, tropical gardens or banquet rooms available. Up to 400 guests.
Whalewatch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Book & Save 10%
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special from $109 per person
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,459
- Adventure Starts Here! Soar high through the canopy with Northshore Zipline on Maui - BOOK NOW from $99 per person! Young @ Heart (16 & under) $49.
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates when pre-paying your stay with Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Paddle a canoe for your first time! Learn from beachboys at Hale Huaka`i.
- Get on a snorkeling tour at Pu`u Keka`a (Black Rock)!
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- From $769 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- BUY ONE, GET ONE BREAKFAST at Moose McGillycuddy's in Kihei!
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's secret recipes from $12.70!
- Royal Lahaina Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car, parking. $335/nt
- Wild Tiki Fun Zone has something fun for all ages!
- Sunset Sail with appetizers + comp champagne for $89!
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25