- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Biking on Maui
With all of the beaches, surfing, snorkeling, diving, kitesurfing, and paddling, Maui isn’t a place that’s generally known for land recreation.
The truth, however, is that biking on Maui is better than most people expect—and a pleasant surprise for visiting cyclists who want to explore on two wheels.
The most famous ride on Maui, of course, is biking down Haleakalā, where visitors can ride over 6,000 feet down the slopes of the dormant volcano. Many of these tours are combined with watching the sunrise at Haleakalā Crater, and finish by biking all the way down to the beach at Pā‘ia Bay. Along the 25-mile route, cyclists pass through pastoral scenes of farmland, ranches, and forests, and usually stop in the historic town of Makawao for breakfast.
Aside from biking down Haleakalā, other popular road cycling routes include circling the West Maui Mountains and riding along the 620 curves on the famous road to Hāna. On weekend mornings, groups of local cyclists gather to ride past Ulupalakua Ranch, starting from Kula and then biking back for coffee at Grandma’s Coffee House.
For visitors interested in mountain biking on Maui, the team at Krank Cycles cut seven different trails in the trees of the Makawao Forest Reserve, which offer everything from technical single track to quad-burning climbs and a skills park. Surrounded by the scent of eucalyptus and pine, riders can get their heart rate up with a 30-minute climb up the mountain before dropping down over 1,300 feet on the fast and well-groomed trails.
If it’s been raining too much in Makawao, there’s an entire network of mountain biking trails in the Kula Forest Reserve, which range from hunting roads to steep single tracks and trails through towering redwoods. The air is cool here at 6,000 feet, and by riding all the way up the switchbacks of rutted Skyline Drive, it’s even possible to mountain bike all the way to Haleakala’s summit.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Sunday Night Trivia hosted by Professor Fincher at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM! Lots of Prizes!
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special from $109 per person
- Hawaiian Regional Cuisine - Award-winning Restaurant on Kaanapali, Maui
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,019
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,259
- Satisfy your cravings at Aloha Cookie Connection!
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $115pp
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- Hawaii Ocean Project: Maui's most booked tours for 35 years!
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- Spice up Date Night: Music, Comedy & Cocktails at Blue Note
- $30 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages From $209 Per Room Night!
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!