- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
ATV Tours on Maui
Standing on the sunny shores of Lahaina it’s impossible not to notice the mountains.
They do, after all, rise over 5,000 feet from the sandy, palm-lined coast. The pavement leading up these rugged, ridge-riddled slopes, however, ends after only 500 feet. So, there’s a sense of mystery surrounding the mountains—they’re largely inaccessible, unless, of course, you have an ATV to go off-roading.
Currently the only ATV tour on Maui is with Kahoma Ranch, which not only allows visitors the chance to get dirty, but also explores a section of a mountain that’s otherwise closed to the public.
Because most vehicles can’t navigate the road to reach the ATV headquarters, riders meet in a Lahaina parking lot and shuttle up to Kahoma Ranch for a safety briefing and to get their equipment. Each ATV can hold two passengers (so you and a friend can get muddy together), and after displaying an ability to operate the vehicle, you’re off to explore the 600 acres of rugged roads and trails.
If you’d like to wash out the dirt from your ears, there are tours in the middle of the day that include waterslides. After rumbling up the bumpy, off-road network of trails on an ATV, you race down a chute carved into the mountain and finish by splashing into a pond. It’s the ultimate backyard playground of your dreams and a way to pair the sweeping view with a double dose of adventure.
Or, while the ride doesn’t technically take place on Maui, you can ferry to Lāna‘i for a UTV tour with the Four Seasons Resort Lāna‘i. Booked through Island Adventure Center, the guided, Polaris UTV tours visit sweeping viewpoints of the Pālāwai Basin and ramble down rugged dirt trails, while also incorporating island history and hidden cultural sites.
ATV Tours Directory
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
Adventure in a sub under the sea and get a kid’s ride free!
- Grand Champions 123 & Mana Kai Maui: Book Now and Save up to 20% - Travel dates: Now to 10/31
- Arriving soon? Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! It’s a Hawaiian tradition you won’t want to miss. Book Now
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour - SAVE $900 per couple on June 3 departure! 13-day guided tour starting at $2,099! Inter-island flights included.
- Steps away from world famous Kāʻanapali Beach Hotel - Stay here!
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Experience indoor go-kart racing on Oahu at K1 Speed!
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Kamaaina Exclusive Savings. Save up to 25%
- Zipline North Shore at CLIMB Works Keana Farms: $169/person
- 45% OFF & Free Breakfast at Oahu's tropical, boutique resort
- $1,059 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!