- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
ATV Tours on Maui
Standing on the sunny shores of Lahaina it’s impossible not to notice the mountains.
They do, after all, rise over 5,000 feet from the sandy, palm-lined coast. The pavement leading up these rugged, ridge-riddled slopes, however, ends after only 500 feet. So, there’s a sense of mystery surrounding the mountains—they’re largely inaccessible, unless, of course, you have an ATV to go off-roading.
Currently the only ATV tour on Maui is with Kahoma Ranch, which not only allows visitors the chance to get dirty, but also explores a section of a mountain that’s otherwise closed to the public.
Because most vehicles can’t navigate the road to reach the ATV headquarters, riders meet in a Lahaina parking lot and shuttle up to Kahoma Ranch for a safety briefing and to get their equipment. Each ATV can hold two passengers (so you and a friend can get muddy together), and after displaying an ability to operate the vehicle, you’re off to explore the 600 acres of rugged roads and trails.
If you’d like to wash out the dirt from your ears, there are tours in the middle of the day that include waterslides. After rumbling up the bumpy, off-road network of trails on an ATV, you race down a chute carved into the mountain and finish by splashing into a pond. It’s the ultimate backyard playground of your dreams and a way to pair the sweeping view with a double dose of adventure.
Or, while the ride doesn’t technically take place on Maui, you can ferry to Lāna‘i for a UTV tour with the Four Seasons Resort Lāna‘i. Booked through Island Adventure Center, the guided, Polaris UTV tours visit sweeping viewpoints of the Pālāwai Basin and ramble down rugged dirt trails, while also incorporating island history and hidden cultural sites.
ATV Tours Directory
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Kids ride free with adult purchase on a submarine adventure!
- Oahu, Maui and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,629
- All Inclusive Hawaii Vacation Packages - Hotel, Activities, Meals and Transfers! Oahu (Waikiki), Maui, Kauai and the Big Island - From Only $970 pp
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- Adventure under the sea and get a kid’s ride free with the purchase of an adult! Explore Maui’s underwater paradise in a real submarine!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Kids ride free with adult purchase on a submarine adventure!
- Make some new friends at Dolphin Quest Oahu
- Enjoy Wolfgang's superb Porterhouse Steak: $109.95 for two
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Kō Hana Distillery - $25
- Kō Hana Hawaiian Agricole Rum from heirloom sugar cane - $35
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!
- Reserve the Royal Lahaina’s Myths of Maui Luau Show: $108 pp
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $750 per hour
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – All Islands
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!