- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
ATV Tours on Maui
Standing on the sunny shores of Lahaina it’s impossible not to notice the mountains.
They do, after all, rise over 5,000 feet from the sandy, palm-lined coast. The pavement leading up these rugged, ridge-riddled slopes, however, ends after only 500 feet. So, there’s a sense of mystery surrounding the mountains—they’re largely inaccessible, unless, of course, you have an ATV to go off-roading.
Currently the only ATV tour on Maui is with Kahoma Ranch, which not only allows visitors the chance to get dirty, but also explores a section of a mountain that’s otherwise closed to the public.
Because most vehicles can’t navigate the road to reach the ATV headquarters, riders meet in a Lahaina parking lot and shuttle up to Kahoma Ranch for a safety briefing and to get their equipment. Each ATV can hold two passengers (so you and a friend can get muddy together), and after displaying an ability to operate the vehicle, you’re off to explore the 600 acres of rugged roads and trails.
If you’d like to wash out the dirt from your ears, there are tours in the middle of the day that include waterslides. After rumbling up the bumpy, off-road network of trails on an ATV, you race down a chute carved into the mountain and finish by splashing into a pond. It’s the ultimate backyard playground of your dreams and a way to pair the sweeping view with a double dose of adventure.
Or, while the ride doesn’t technically take place on Maui, you can ferry to Lāna‘i for a UTV tour with the Four Seasons Resort Lāna‘i. Booked through Island Adventure Center, the guided, Polaris UTV tours visit sweeping viewpoints of the Pālāwai Basin and ramble down rugged dirt trails, while also incorporating island history and hidden cultural sites.
ATV Tours Directory
Safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c vehicle & ferry passage from Maui!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Zipline with incredible ocean and West Maui Mountain views with Paradise Eco-Adventures. Adults $79.95, Children $59.95
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $829
- Adventure Starts Here! Soar high through the canopy with Northshore Zipline on Maui - BOOK NOW from $119 per person!
- Be One Of The Lucky Who Gets To Visit! The Kings Gardens Maui, Only A Limited # of Visitors Get the Chance to Visit! Starting at Only: $89.00 Donation
- From $1,069 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Save 9% off your condo vacation rental when you book direct!
- Soar high with Northshore Zipline on Maui from $119/person
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)