- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
ATV Tours on Maui
Standing on the sunny shores of Lahaina it’s impossible not to notice the mountains.
They do, after all, rise over 5,000 feet from the sandy, palm-lined coast. The pavement leading up these rugged, ridge-riddled slopes, however, ends after only 500 feet. So, there’s a sense of mystery surrounding the mountains—they’re largely inaccessible, unless, of course, you have an ATV to go off-roading.
Currently the only ATV tour on Maui is with Kahoma Ranch, which not only allows visitors the chance to get dirty, but also explores a section of a mountain that’s otherwise closed to the public.
Because most vehicles can’t navigate the road to reach the ATV headquarters, riders meet in a Lahaina parking lot and shuttle up to Kahoma Ranch for a safety briefing and to get their equipment. Each ATV can hold two passengers (so you and a friend can get muddy together), and after displaying an ability to operate the vehicle, you’re off to explore the 600 acres of rugged roads and trails.
If you’d like to wash out the dirt from your ears, there are tours in the middle of the day that include waterslides. After rumbling up the bumpy, off-road network of trails on an ATV, you race down a chute carved into the mountain and finish by splashing into a pond. It’s the ultimate backyard playground of your dreams and a way to pair the sweeping view with a double dose of adventure.
Or, while the ride doesn’t technically take place on Maui, you can ferry to Lāna‘i for a UTV tour with the Four Seasons Resort Lāna‘i. Booked through Island Adventure Center, the guided, Polaris UTV tours visit sweeping viewpoints of the Pālāwai Basin and ramble down rugged dirt trails, while also incorporating island history and hidden cultural sites.
REOPENING Dec 20th - MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - BOOK NOW!
Whale watch with the experts on Maui's top-rated ecotour and see these amazing creatures in their natural wild habitat. Adult $44, Child $25
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $999. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,049
- Oahu & Maui 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $879
- Hawaiian Escape from only $999 in 2021– SAVE $500 per couple on all dates! 7-day two island guided tour with inter-island flight!
- Get up to 6 GPS audio tours for $29.99 with Shaka Guide! Tours available on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and Big Island.
- From $779 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- $1,179 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- Shaka Guide GPS Audio Tour Bundles - Save 50% and more!
- From $1,279 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- $849 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- From $79 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99
- Shaka Guide: Choose from 21 Socially-Distanced Audio Tours
- From $849 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure