Travelling by Maui Shuttles & Trolleys
If you’re without a car on Maui — or even if you want a fun change of pace! — hop on a trolley, shuttle or train to go shopping. In lieu of a public transportation system, these shuttles in West and South Maui run between the island’s major resort areas and shopping centers:
West Maui Shopping Express has three routes:
- Kaʻanapali to Lahaina and back
- Kapalua to Kaʻanapali and back
- Kaʻanapali Train Station to the Lahaina Train Station and back
The shuttle runs from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily and makes stops at Whalers Village, the Wharf Cinema Center, Hilo Hattie, the Lahaina Cannery Mall and the Lahaina-Kaʻanapali Sugar Cane Train. Fares are $1 one way; $2 roundtrip; or $2.50 for a full-day pass. Information: 1-800-533-8765 or (808) 566-7420.
South Maui Shopping Express has three routes:
- From West Maui (Lahaina/Kaʻanapali) to the Maui Ocean Center & Reserve
- From South Maui (Makena/Wailea/Kihei) to the Maui Ocean Center & Reserve
- From West Maui to the Ocean Center, to South Maui and back
The shuttle operates from 5:50 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Fares are $5 for a full-day pass on Routes 1 & 2; $10 for a full-day pass on Route 3. Children 3 and under ride free. Information: 1-800-533-8765 or (808) 566-7420.
Sugar Cane Train: The Lahaina-Kaʻanapali Sugar Cane Train provides transportation between the two resort/shopping areas of Lahaina and Kaʻanapali — plus a scenic tour of six miles of plantation country from the deck of an 1890s-style train! Trains operate daily with numerous runs between the hours of 8:55 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. For information call (808) 661-0089.
- Rental Cars