Lanai Driving Tips
If you rent a car or four-wheel-drive on the “Most Secluded Isle,” you may want to keep the following in mind:
- All occupants of a car must wear seat belts (regardless of age), and children weighing less than 40 pounds must be in a child safety or booster seat.
- Right on red is legal unless otherwise marked.
- Heavy rain frequently washes out certain roads, making them impassable. Ask about current driving conditions when you rent your car.
- Lanai’s axis deer population outnumbers its human population (6,000 to 2,500). Always watch for deer on the road, especially into the evening hours.
- Avoid designated hunting areas.
- Don’t set out on a road trip without either a map or detailed instructions, or a local guide.
- When out exploring, pack food, water, sunscreen and whatever else you’ll need for the day; there are no convenience stores outside Lanai City.
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Tour and Taste Innovative, Award-Winning Coffee at Greenwell Farms
Located in the heart of Kona coffee country on the…
- Rental Cars