Lanai Driving Tips
If you rent a car or four-wheel-drive on the “Most Secluded Isle,” you may want to keep the following in mind:
- All occupants of a car must wear seat belts (regardless of age), and children weighing less than 40 pounds must be in a child safety or booster seat.
- Right on red is legal unless otherwise marked.
- Heavy rain frequently washes out certain roads, making them impassable. Ask about current driving conditions when you rent your car.
- Lanai’s axis deer population outnumbers its human population (6,000 to 2,500). Always watch for deer on the road, especially into the evening hours.
- Avoid designated hunting areas.
- Don’t set out on a road trip without either a map or detailed instructions, or a local guide.
- When out exploring, pack food, water, sunscreen and whatever else you’ll need for the day; there are no convenience stores outside Lanai City.
What did you think? Share your reaction and earn 100 points!
Recent most reacted articles
Enjoy Kauai’s Newest Fire Show at Anaina Hou Community Park
An Experience You Don’t Want To Miss While on Kauai,…
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Presents the 27th Annual Celebration of the Arts Festival
The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua is proud to host the 27th Annual…
- Rental Cars