- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Kauai
Bright tropical fish dashing about spiny sea urchins and slick moray eels peering out from under their coral chambers are among the many exciting sea life activities you can experience while snorkeling on Kaua‘i.
Several locations around the island accommodate curious underwater onlookers, however, it is imperative to check ocean conditions prior to heading out on your adventure. Far too many have had their lives tragically taken due to Kaua‘i’s dangerous rip tides. In fact, two prime snorkeling locations—Anini and Tunnels—do not have lifeguards and are more often than not, unsuitable for swimming. Just remember, if in doubt, do not go out.
Garden Isle reefs are not as vibrantly colored as you might imagine as they’ve endured quite the ocean battering over the years. Additionally, they are largely laced in algae so you won’t see the same kind of colorful displays you would around other islands like Hawai‘i Island. Still, as you explore, be careful not to step on these delicate ecosystems. While the colors might not appear as vivacious, the reefs are very much alive and any kind of blow to their structures impacts the life surrounding them.
North Shore beaches are best to visit during the summer. As long as conditions are appropriate, Anini Beach in Kilauea, as well as Tunnels in Hā‘ena, offer wonderful opportunities to say hello to many ocean critters.
One of the best and safest ways, however, to snorkel on Kaua‘i is by booking a guided boat tour. These adventures let you experience marine life farther away from the shore, including dolphins and turtles. You’ll also see out-of-this-world vistas like the Nāpali Coast and might even witness Hawaiian humpback whales as you head to various snorkeling destinations.
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Only with Island Helicopters can visitors land at Manawaiopuna Falls and feel the awesome power of the waterfall made famous in Jurassic Park.
- Ali'i Kayaks – use promo code HIFive for $5 discount. One of the best ways to see the hidden places on Kauai is on our Wailua River kayak adventure
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $789. for 6 nights
- Cruzin Hawaii – Save money on parking and gas! Moped and motorcycle rentals
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- From $569 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Experience Live Chocolate Tree Orchard on Oahu & Save 10% with code HICOM
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Kaku Sushi: Waikiki's best sushi and seafood buffet.