- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Snorkeling on Kauai
Bright tropical fish dashing about spiny sea urchins and slick moray eels peering out from under their coral chambers are among the many exciting sea life activities you can experience while snorkeling on Kaua‘i.
Several locations around the island accommodate curious underwater onlookers, however, it is imperative to check ocean conditions prior to heading out on your adventure. Far too many have had their lives tragically taken due to Kaua‘i’s dangerous rip tides. In fact, two prime snorkeling locations—Anini and Tunnels—do not have lifeguards and are more often than not, unsuitable for swimming. Just remember, if in doubt, do not go out.
Garden Isle reefs are not as vibrantly colored as you might imagine as they’ve endured quite the ocean battering over the years. Additionally, they are largely laced in algae so you won’t see the same kind of colorful displays you would around other islands like Hawai‘i Island. Still, as you explore, be careful not to step on these delicate ecosystems. While the colors might not appear as vivacious, the reefs are very much alive and any kind of blow to their structures impacts the life surrounding them.
North Shore beaches are best to visit during the summer. As long as conditions are appropriate, Anini Beach in Kilauea, as well as Tunnels in Hā‘ena, offer wonderful opportunities to say hello to many ocean critters.
One of the best and safest ways, however, to snorkel on Kaua‘i is by booking a guided boat tour. These adventures let you experience marine life farther away from the shore, including dolphins and turtles. You’ll also see out-of-this-world vistas like the Nāpali Coast and might even witness Hawaiian humpback whales as you head to various snorkeling destinations.
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $1,029
- $138 & Up: Maui or Kauai Vacation Condo + Car Rental!
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- $35 Waikiki Marine Life Sail w/ Mana Kai Catamaran-BOOK NOW!
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- Royal Lahaina Golfer’s Paradise Pkg w/4 rounds from $339/nt
- Royal Kona Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car & parking! $299/nt
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Outrigger Canoe Rides on Waikiki Beach for $30!
- Snorkel by day, Luau at night! Combo starting at $215.
- Exclusive Oahu Farm to Fork to Forest experience! From $170.