- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Scuba Diving on Kauai
Kaua‘i’s landscape is glorious, but there’s an equally stunning environment below its surface. Hidden beneath the tides are seascapes with secret sights and mysterious creatures land dwellers aren’t privy to.
Nothing compares to diving some 60-feet to watch blacktip sharks peruse the ocean floor and moray eels poke their heads from the reef’s many nooks and crannies. Scuba diving is the only way you can visit this enchanting world up close.
Several companies like Seasport Divers, famous for its yellow submarines fronting their offices, provide tours with expert scuba divers that take guests to different hot spots around the island. Most of the journeys, however, require a PADI Open Water Certification. If you’re willing and able to invest the time and don’t already have one, you can start the process prior to your trip by getting credited online (apps.padi.com). The same tour companies offer classes that allow you to continue your certification once you arrive on island. If you’ve already done your online prerequisites, then the rest of the process only takes about two days to complete rather than the typical three to five.
For those with a certification already under their belt, you’ve got plenty of options like night dives that give you a rare chance to see a variety of different critters and colors including crustaceans and bioluminescence. The most spectacular experience however, touted by the scuba diving community on Kaua‘i, is a day-long trip that takes guests some 17 miles to the Forbidden Island of Ni‘ihau and uninhabited Lehua crater. Here divers immediately encounter a variety of marine wildlife like endangered monk seals, octopus, turtles, sharks, manta rays, dolphins, lobsters and schools of vibrantly colored curious fish. The inaccessibility of the island has granted sea life the ability to thrive here which is what sets this spot apart from others. That and its gorgeous habitat with underwater arches and valleys illuminated brilliantly by filtered sunlight.
Make it a point to journey into the belly of the Pacific Ocean where a whole other world is waiting for you to explore.
Scuba Diving Directory
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- INTERNET SPECIAL: Book online and save $30 per person on a 60-65 minute AStar Helicopter Tour at Jack Harter Helicopters. Only $259 per person!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Perfect Steaks. Perfect Drinks. Hand-Selected Pairings, Just Some Of Ruth's Many Talents. Join Us At Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- $10 off your NĀ PALI COAST RAFT ADVENTURE with Nā Pali Riders
- Mike's Huli Chicken: Treat yourself to Hawaii's best Huli chicken!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Luxury vacation rentals on the golden Kona Coast - BOOK NOW!
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Ready for some mud and flying dirt? Experience ATV and zipline adventures on the North Shore of Kauai!
- Explore the mysteries of the universe at Stars Above Hawaii
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at Royal Lahaina Resort. $229/night
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour 6/3 date $2,099! SAVE $450pp
- From $1049 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.