- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Scuba Diving on Kauai
Kaua‘i’s landscape is glorious, but there’s an equally stunning environment below its surface. Hidden beneath the tides are seascapes with secret sights and mysterious creatures land dwellers aren’t privy to.
Nothing compares to diving some 60-feet to watch blacktip sharks peruse the ocean floor and moray eels poke their heads from the reef’s many nooks and crannies. Scuba diving is the only way you can visit this enchanting world up close.
Several companies like Seasport Divers, famous for its yellow submarines fronting their offices, provide tours with expert scuba divers that take guests to different hot spots around the island. Most of the journeys, however, require a PADI Open Water Certification. If you’re willing and able to invest the time and don’t already have one, you can start the process prior to your trip by getting credited online (apps.padi.com). The same tour companies offer classes that allow you to continue your certification once you arrive on island. If you’ve already done your online prerequisites, then the rest of the process only takes about two days to complete rather than the typical three to five.
For those with a certification already under their belt, you’ve got plenty of options like night dives that give you a rare chance to see a variety of different critters and colors including crustaceans and bioluminescence. The most spectacular experience however, touted by the scuba diving community on Kaua‘i, is a day-long trip that takes guests some 17 miles to the Forbidden Island of Ni‘ihau and uninhabited Lehua crater. Here divers immediately encounter a variety of marine wildlife like endangered monk seals, octopus, turtles, sharks, manta rays, dolphins, lobsters and schools of vibrantly colored curious fish. The inaccessibility of the island has granted sea life the ability to thrive here which is what sets this spot apart from others. That and its gorgeous habitat with underwater arches and valleys illuminated brilliantly by filtered sunlight.
Make it a point to journey into the belly of the Pacific Ocean where a whole other world is waiting for you to explore.
Scuba Diving Directory
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- Experience Hawaii like never before with Ziplines, Horseback, Waterfalls, Off-Road 4x4 and more! Only at Princeville Ranch
- SAVE $500 per couple! Departs July to Nov 2019 - Hawaiian Escape from $1,399 - 7 days Fully escorted Two Island Tour with inter-island flight!
- See the Napali Coast by boat and snorkel in the cobalt waters of Niihau. Get $15 off per person when you book online at least 1 day in advance!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- Experience Brick Oven Pizza's award-winning, secret recipe, homemade sauces and doughs. Whole pizzas from $12.70 plus soups, salads and more!
- Relax at Kohala Coast Vacation Rentals by Outrigger!
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- From $149/night: Local hospitality at OHANA Waikiki East.
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – All Islands
- Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger; a hidden oasis. From $186
- NEW! The Best Coffee on Earth Is Now in Single Serve Cups!
- Tour the heritage sugarcane fields and taste Hawaii’s Kō Hana Rum - $25
- BEST LUAU in Maui - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- Hike Oahu’s Ancient Volcanoes from $144!