- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Scuba Diving on Kauai
Kaua‘i’s landscape is glorious, but there’s an equally stunning environment below its surface. Hidden beneath the tides are seascapes with secret sights and mysterious creatures land dwellers aren’t privy to.
Nothing compares to diving some 60-feet to watch blacktip sharks peruse the ocean floor and moray eels poke their heads from the reef’s many nooks and crannies. Scuba diving is the only way you can visit this enchanting world up close.
Several companies like Seasport Divers, famous for its yellow submarines fronting their offices, provide tours with expert scuba divers that take guests to different hot spots around the island. Most of the journeys, however, require a PADI Open Water Certification. If you’re willing and able to invest the time and don’t already have one, you can start the process prior to your trip by getting credited online (apps.padi.com). The same tour companies offer classes that allow you to continue your certification once you arrive on island. If you’ve already done your online prerequisites, then the rest of the process only takes about two days to complete rather than the typical three to five.
For those with a certification already under their belt, you’ve got plenty of options like night dives that give you a rare chance to see a variety of different critters and colors including crustaceans and bioluminescence. The most spectacular experience however, touted by the scuba diving community on Kaua‘i, is a day-long trip that takes guests some 17 miles to the Forbidden Island of Ni‘ihau and uninhabited Lehua crater. Here divers immediately encounter a variety of marine wildlife like endangered monk seals, octopus, turtles, sharks, manta rays, dolphins, lobsters and schools of vibrantly colored curious fish. The inaccessibility of the island has granted sea life the ability to thrive here which is what sets this spot apart from others. That and its gorgeous habitat with underwater arches and valleys illuminated brilliantly by filtered sunlight.
Make it a point to journey into the belly of the Pacific Ocean where a whole other world is waiting for you to explore.
Scuba Diving Directory
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $1,039. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,129
- Princeville Makai Golf Club is the Perfect Destination spot for Weddings and Special Celebrations
- Ali'i Kayaks – use promo code HIFive for $5 discount. One of the best ways to see the hidden places on Kauai is on our Wailua River kayak adventure
- Book online & Save $10 with "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour at Blue Dolphin Charters.
- All-You-Can-Eat Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- Book Online & Save at Royal Lahaina Luau - $108 - BOOK NOW!
- Experience all of Oahu on an Island and You tour! $10 off with code HIDEAL
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Island Helicopters is Kauai’s premiere helicopter tour!
- Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- Taste the Flavors of Aloha with Aloha Shoyu
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Whale Watching while Paddling Wa'a (Outrigger Canoe)