- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Scuba Diving on Kauai
Kaua‘i’s landscape is glorious, but there’s an equally stunning environment below its surface. Hidden beneath the tides are seascapes with secret sights and mysterious creatures land dwellers aren’t privy to.
Nothing compares to diving some 60-feet to watch blacktip sharks peruse the ocean floor and moray eels poke their heads from the reef’s many nooks and crannies. Scuba diving is the only way you can visit this enchanting world up close.
Several companies like Seasport Divers, famous for its yellow submarines fronting their offices, provide tours with expert scuba divers that take guests to different hot spots around the island. Most of the journeys, however, require a PADI Open Water Certification. If you’re willing and able to invest the time and don’t already have one, you can start the process prior to your trip by getting credited online (apps.padi.com). The same tour companies offer classes that allow you to continue your certification once you arrive on island. If you’ve already done your online prerequisites, then the rest of the process only takes about two days to complete rather than the typical three to five.
For those with a certification already under their belt, you’ve got plenty of options like night dives that give you a rare chance to see a variety of different critters and colors including crustaceans and bioluminescence. The most spectacular experience however, touted by the scuba diving community on Kaua‘i, is a day-long trip that takes guests some 17 miles to the Forbidden Island of Ni‘ihau and uninhabited Lehua crater. Here divers immediately encounter a variety of marine wildlife like endangered monk seals, octopus, turtles, sharks, manta rays, dolphins, lobsters and schools of vibrantly colored curious fish. The inaccessibility of the island has granted sea life the ability to thrive here which is what sets this spot apart from others. That and its gorgeous habitat with underwater arches and valleys illuminated brilliantly by filtered sunlight.
Make it a point to journey into the belly of the Pacific Ocean where a whole other world is waiting for you to explore.
Scuba Diving Directory
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,099
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,349
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $829
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- From $1,089 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $1,119 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Try North Shore Oahu's famous shrimp plates from $14!
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Save up to 15% on your Maui Vacation Condo!
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by "It's A Hawaii Thing" Hosts.
- From $719 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.
- Visitor tip: Try Matsumoto's Shave Ice with ice cream!