- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
$1 OFF unique, handcrafted cocktails during HAPPY HOUR every day from 2-4 pm.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
- Stay up to date with current ocean conditions in Hawaii: Text "BeachAlerts" to 43766 now for current hazard levels at Hawaii's popular beaches.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Choose from over 300 Hawaiian island tours; relive history at Pearl Harbor, snorkle beautiful reefs, experience luaus, visit ancient volcanos & more!
- Surf and sun inspired Hawaiian bath and body products, Bungalow Glow's Premium Organic soy candles, and more from Bubble Shack Hawaii
- Find your "Castle in Paradise" with Castle Vacation Rentals & Enjoy a 20% Savings! Over 1,000 rentals across 5 Hawaiian Islands to choose from!
- From $149 - Friday night Waikiki fireworks dinner cruise
- Rooms from $169/night at Palms at Wailea Maui by Outrigger.
- Save $30! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- Enjoy The Kapalua Villas Maui from 56% off!
- Royal Lahaina Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car, parking. $329/nt
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- Combine your zipline and waterfall experience and SAVE 25%!
- Maui, Kauai or Big Island to PEARL HARBOR day trip $329.99.
- Send Flowers Hawaiian-Style! Nationwide delivery.
- See and taste Oahu’s best sights and food for just $118!
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…