Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. Enjoy room rates from 43% off.
- From $1,279- Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- World famous diving, top quality instruction - Kona Coast
- Private, luxury Oahu tours - $280.00 for 2 people!
- Get 20% Off your vacation rental at Castle Vacation Rentals
- Fish jerky, dried fruits, cookies and candies! SHOP NOW!
- Use code DIVE15 for $15 OFF a 2 Tank SCUBA Dive.
- Awaken with a Maunakea Sunrise Experience from $189!
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…