Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
The 4.5 hour adventure begins where the pavement ends!
Discover Hawaiian traditions and enjoy the show at Luau Kalamaku
After zipping, swim, float on inner tubes, enjoy a delicious picnic and relax. This heavenly private swimming hole is all yours!
Traditional luau features authentic cuisine, dance, crafts and more
Come and explore! Where the road ends, is where the fun begins on our 4x4 Jungle Adventure.
Reserve your Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Learn about ancient legends from the island as you enjoy sweeping ocean and mountain views
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Fresh sushi made to order, a nice selection of fully cooked dishes, and a fun dining experience for the kids - all under one roof at Genki Sushi.
- Experience The Villas at Poipu Kai – Kauai’s Premier Luxury Boutique Resort. Featuring Designer Kitchens, Pool, Tennis & More! From $299 Per Night
- "FREE" souvenir T-shirt when booking with Blue Dolphin Charters directly
- Discover Maui's historic Lahaina town from only $129/night!
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo
- Just engaged? Your dream ocean-front wedding lawn awaits!
- Join the A-List to Save 10% + More at Aqua Hotels & Resorts.
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- 28-day dry aged Porterhouse Steak at Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Escape to Maui from only $135/night!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…