- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $959
- Kauai’s Best Night Life Activity - Enjoy a Night Shooting Adventure from $118 per person at Kauai Eco Sporting Clays!
- Hawaii timeshare owner? Get priority on all Hawaii exchange requests, 2 year banking credit, credit extensions and more when you trade with TPM.
- Island Feet specializes in orthotic footwear and is committed to fixing your foot problems. FREE foot analysis at their Maui location - SHOP NOW!
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $979
- Lanai safari-style 4x4 Trekker Tour with a/c from $180.96!
- PAY NOW SAVE NOW! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates
- Zip, trek and rappel on the island’s ONLY canopy course!
- Royal Kona Spirit Pkg w/Breakfast, car & parking! $285/nt
- Book rooms at Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger from $129/night
- Have you heard the Whale Encounter package is available now?
- Kaanapali Ocean Inn breakfast, car, parking pkg from $259/nt
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Maui's Longest Running Ocean Front Luau - Royal Lahaina Luau
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…