- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
Anaina Hou Mini Golf & Gardens - not your typical miniture golf course!
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial and take a 120-mile tour of Oahu Island from $97.99. Tours from Maui, Kauai and Big Island start at $329.99.
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,059
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Two Beach Chairs and One Umbrella $25 Deal
- Snorkel and SUP on the North Shore on an exciting Beach Bus Adventure!
- Maui Fiber Arts Conference is coming! Sign up now
- Exclusive Oahu Farm to Fork to Forest experience! From $170.
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- A Local Favorite: Music, Cocktails & Cuisine at Blue Note
- Shop rates w/3 car rental partners. Receive a discount
- MAUI'S BEST LUAU - Old Lahaina Luau - BOOK NOW!
- SAVE $38.00! Free child’s ticket with purchase of adult ticket!
- Pearl Harbor + Oahu Island tour from $114.99 - BOOK NOW!
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…