- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Surfing & SUP
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
- Save 15% on Shaka Guide’s Island Tour Bundles. Use Code Hawaiidotcom15 and book on www.shakaguide.com.
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by It's A Hawaii Thing Hosts. FREE SHIPPING.
- Change the Way you See Hawaii with Shaka Guide’s GPS audio driving tours! It’s like having a tour guide in your car.
- From $89 - World class scuba diving on the Ko Olina Coast with Hawaii Nauticalina Coast
- Emperor’s Emporium has the largest selection of island-inspired jewelry, clothing and Red Dirt shirts, gifts. Buy 2 Get 3rd item FREE - Store only
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- From $1,389 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $899 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Shaka Guide: Choose from 21 Socially-Distanced Audio Tours
- Socially-Distanced Audio Driving Tours starting at $14.99
- 10% OFF Surfing or SUP Lessons and Equipment Rentals.
- Change the Way You See Hawaii with Shaka Guide GPS Tours!
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…