Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Relive old traditions and tube the flumes and ditches of the old Lihue Plantation
This is a swimming tour so be sure to pack your towels and swim gear.
Reserve your Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
See spectacular sea cliffs, enchanting waterfalls and timeless lava tubes
Enjoy the historic landscape with photos of famous movie locations such as Jurassic Park
The 4.5 hour adventure begins where the pavement ends!
Take a drive to a majestic canyon and riding a riverboat to an historic grotto
- From $1,084 - Big Island + Kauai + Maui Island Hopping Trip: 6 Nights Incl. Air, Transfers, Hotels, Breakfast & Taxes
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- $625+ Kauai Vacations: 3 nights with air. FREE car rental, FREE Wi-Fi offers, kids stay FREE and more!
- Save more when you book your flight and hotel together. Find your vacation package and save now!
- Max's Fried Chicken, made from our 70 year old recipe
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Get special shipping discounts from Honolulu Cookie Co.
- In-house guests: Voyagers of the Pacific Luau show fr $72
- Swim with dolphins & fish in the wild. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- Add breakfast to your stay & save 20% at Royal Kona Resort
- Explore Waipio Valley on the Big Island by ATV: $159!
- Save $40 Daily, when you Pre-purchase at Royal Lahaina
- Pirates spotted sailing off Waikiki - climb aboard from $42!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…