Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
After zipping, swim, float on inner tubes, enjoy a delicious picnic and relax. This heavenly private swimming hole is all yours!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
The 4.5 hour adventure begins where the pavement ends!
An evening of traditional Hawaiian cuisine, music, cultural dances and island crafts
Relive old traditions and tube the flumes and ditches of the old Lihue Plantation
Witness spectacular views of the rugged, pristine coast while learning the history and legends of the ancient civilizations
Reserve your Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
- “Kauai Exclusive Vacation Rentals – Island-Wide Luxury From Poipu to Princeville including Waipouli Beach Resort. From $120 Per Night.”
- Hotel Coral Reef, Kauai - Reserve one of our beautiful OCEANFRONT rooms for four nights, and get the 5th night for $109!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- Airport-Hotel Express Shuttle Service – Honolulu, Kahului, Lihue and Kona!
- $625+ Kauai Vacations: 3 nights with air. FREE car rental, FREE Wi-Fi offers, kids stay FREE and more!
- Room specials from 33% off at Airport Honolulu Hotel
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- Save $40 Daily, when you Pre-purchase at Royal Kona Resort
- Swim with Dolphins in Hawaii’s ocean. Save $10: code HIDEAL
- Handmade and all natural Hawaiian bath and body soaps
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- From $963 - Island Hopping: Big Island & Oahu 6-Nts. w/Air
- AirVentures Kauai: Call for our DAILY SPECIAL 1-866-646-7864
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Relax at Kohala Coast Vacation Rentals by Outrigger!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…