- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,049
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise with Hawaii.com!
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by It's A Hawaii Thing Hosts. FREE SHIPPING.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $949
- With over 4 million coffee trees, Kauai Coffee Company is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. Shop their wide selection of outstanding coffee
- 4-Day Packages from $970 including Hotel and More
- Kona Luxury Sail - Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling ($389 pp)
- 12-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour in 2021 from $1,999!
- Private powerboat charters in Kona - $540 per hour
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- From $779 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- NEW Neck Gaiters designed in Hawai’i – 2/$28 with code: KKGAITER
- From $79 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Best Luau in Maui
- From $1,249 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…