- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- National® has the perfect rental car for your trip to Hawaii. Reserve now and take control.
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai’s 50-55 minute circle-island helicopter tour! Check out their website or call direct.
- Perfect Steaks. Perfect Drinks. Hand-Selected Pairings, Just Some Of Ruth's Many Talents. Join Us At Ruth's Chris Steak House.
- Nestled on 25-acres of sunny South Shore paradise, Koloa Landing is near world-famous Poipu Beach & some of the best dining & shopping on Kauai.
- Save up to 25%: Join the Emerald Club® so you can bypass the counter, choose your own car and get on your way fast
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Get ready for an exclusive Maui fishing trip with UFO Parasail! $99+
- Fish for tilapia, grass carp, catfish & prawns at Ali’i Agricultural Farms
- Experience Kauai’s Best Ziplining, ATV’s, and Bass Fishing!
- 13-Day Best of Hawaii 4 Island Tour 6/3 date $2,099! SAVE $450pp
- Island Helicopters offers the best rates on Kauai!
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- SAVE $30 at Jack Harter Helicopters - BOOK NOW
- Don’t forget to book your Airport Lei Greeting! Book Now
- Kauai’s Real Dirt Shirts in Waimea, starting at $10
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…