- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Kauai Sea Tours can take you where others can't! Explore the Na Pali Coast's remote Nualolo Kai beach and ancient site. Book online - Save $10!
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $949
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,139
- Get your unique, stylish and locally made Red Dirt Shirts when you visit Kauai. They also carry a wide range of volcanic shirts, aloha wear & hats.
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Visit Today! Unique tropical nature preserve and sanctuary
- Sunday Night Trivia at Down the Hatch Maui starts at 10PM!
- Kaku Sushi, Waikiki: Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet!
- Book a 5BR historic home for as low as $250/nt & get a free Hawaii snacks
- $959 & up - Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- 100% Kona Coffee from Kona Mountain Coffee
- The Suite Escape: Receive 4th Night FREE at Trump Waikiki
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…