- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- 4-Island-hopping adventure: Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-night package from $1,399
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- $99 Oahu dolphin tour! Buy now, plan later & save BIG!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Get great rates
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- From $1,299 - Oahu, Maui, Kona & Hilo 8-Nts w/Air & Hotels
- Reserve now with National® and be the boss of your getaway.
- From $869 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- UFO Parasail Kona - Book online & SAVE 10% on Parasailing!
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Help your graduate celebrate their achievement. Send graduation leis right to their door!
- From $759 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…