Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
Kauai Down Under will help you experience all that Kauai Scuba Diving has to offer.
Enjoy the historic landscape with photos of famous movie locations such as Jurassic Park
Come and explore! Where the road ends, is where the fun begins on our 4x4 Jungle Adventure.
Professional Archaeologist guides you through the past on the south shore of Kauai.
- $1,069 & up - 6-Nt. Island Hopping Adventure in Oahu, Kauai & Maui w/Air
- Fly through Kauai’s longest zipline course featuring 8 different lines - $139 per person for up to 12 guests.
- Kilauea Lighthouse, Hanalei Bay, Napali Coast to the north and Wailua River, and Waimea Canyon heading south. Book now from $205/night!
- $989 & up - 6-Night Maui & Kauai Island Trip w/Air & Hotels
- 20% off your first purchase of MySparklingParadise beach and ocean souvenirs! Exclusive offer: Use discount code “Hawaii.com20%Off” at checkout.
- Sample heirloom sugar cane rum at Ko Hana Distillery - $25
- 100% Kona Coffee from the uplands of Hawaii Island
- The Equus Hotel: Waikiki's favorite boutique hotel - Save 10%
- Swim in Poipu Beach on Kauai! Book rooms from $169/night!
- From $59 - West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Save 10%! Do the right thing & book early at Polynesia.com
- Private lanai in all rooms! BOOK NOW
- Fully-Escorted 4 Island Tour fr $1499 - Save $800 Per Couple!
- The Kohala Coast is THE spot for whale watching-BOOK NOW $85
- Ride to Diamond Head on scenic easy riding bike lanes $7/hr!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…