Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Book 2 tours and get 15% off the second tour!
Snorkel, sightsee, relax and enjoy the cliffs of the Napali Coast & Niihau.
Perfect for those seeking a unique Hawaiian horseback riding experience on Kauai.
Up to 40% off tee times at The Ocean Course at Hokuala
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Stop along your ATV tour and see where scenes were filmed from Jurassic Park.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
Professional Archaeologist guides you through the past on the south shore of Kauai.
- Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-night multi-island adventure, from $1,136
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- $1,899 & up - Visit Oahu, Kauai & Big Island 6-Nights w/Air & Hotels
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation on CruiseDirect & Save!
- Early Swan Special! 15% Off Best Available Hotel Rates for 2018 travel at Castle Resorts & Hotels.
- Free child w/ paying adult at Drums of Pacific luau, Maui!
- IL LUPINO, Waikiki - high-end Italian lunch specials $10
- Island-hopping adventure fr $1,899; Oahu, Kauai & Big Island
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- Royal Kona’s Voyagers of the Pacific Luau Special: $72 pp
- Save $45! Pre-buy breakfast, car & parking at Royal Lahaina
- 4th Nt Free + Brkf for 2 at Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows.
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Swim with dolphins without the crowds!
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…