- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $949
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,079
- Best of Hawaii 4-Island Tour 2021 departures starting at $1,999! SAVE $500 per couple on a 12-day guided tour with inter-island flights included.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club is the Perfect Destination spot for Weddings and Special Celebrations
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- Maui Babe® lotions love your skin! Get yours today!
- Rent with Enterprise® for low car rental rates in Hawaii.
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- National Car Rental: Save with National
- Shop Kauai Coffee Company's outstanding coffee
- Experience an ultimate watersport adventure at Twogood Kayaks
- From $1,339 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- Catch the ferry between Maui & Lanai! $30 each way (adult
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…