Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a city tour of Honolulu. Flight/transport included.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $999
- Book online & save $10 on Smith Family Garden Luau, Kauai!
- Find Japanese specialty items, including figurines and dolls, from Iida's in Honolulu, Hawaii. Phone orders welcome. Shop today!
- $599+ Hawaii Vacation Packages: 3 nights with Air+Hotel+Car.
- Take an air tour of the tallest sea cliffs in the world! Book the Splendorous Sea Cliffs of Molokai tour with Mokulele Airlines for $169 per person.
- Summit Maunakea, highest point in the Pacific, from $129!
- Relaxed Surf Luxury, Easy Booking and Access to our Lowest rates.
- Touch, swim with, or even KISS a dolphin!
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Explore the island
- Save $1,300 per couple! Fully-Escorted 4 Isl 13 Day Tour $150/per day!*
- GET 15% OFF - Watumull's Hawaiian wear for the whole family
- Explore Waipio Valley on the Big Island by ATV: $169!
- Try one of the Many Eggs Benedicts at Eggs 'n Things
- Experience traditional Hawaiian sailing - $135 per person!
- Big Island Waterfall & Dolphin Tour – three hours from $145!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…