- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- Explore Kauai’s remote Nualolo Kai ancient site and beach on a Kauai Sea Tours Napali Raft Adventure: Book online - Save $10!
- Order your Wedding Leis at HawaiiFlowerLei.com. Fresh, custom made Wedding Leis hand delivered or shipped in our exclusive lei cooler, Nationwide!
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: 10% OFF Kauai horseback riding adventure for the whole family at Silver Falls Ranch! Must call to book and mention Hawaii.com.
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Grand Naniloa Resort: Young At Heart - Senior Rates
- Kauai’s Waimea Plantation Cottages From $209 Per Room Night!
- Kona Coast Vacation rentals from $89/night - BOOK NOW!
- Hawaii Tours: Choose from over 300 tours across all islands
- Day trip from Maui to Lanai by ferry! $30 each way (adults)
- Do what the Hawaiians Do - Wa‘a (Canoe) Paddling
- West Maui Cycles bike rentals as low as $8.50 per day!
- Find exclusive Hawaii charms at PANDORA in Ala Moana Center.
- Spice up Date Night: Music, Comedy & Cocktails at Blue Note
- Toa Luau - Hawaii's Most Authentic Luau - Starting at $98
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…