- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Cruise the Na Pali Coast with Kauai Sea Tours
Explore the majestic Na Pali coast with Kauai Sea Tours…
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car® offers locations throughout Hawaii in Honolulu, Kailua, Kaneohe, and more. Low rates, and award winning service. Book now!
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $886
- FREE burlap beach tote with purchase of $125 or more! Bring the authentic tastes and sights of Hawai’i to your doorstep. Shop at HOUSE OF MANA UP!
- Cozy Kokee Museum, always waiting. Admission by donation.
- Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for an unforgettable experience.
- Book Your Honeymoon Cruise!
- From $1,069 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Made-to-Order Sushi Buffet at Kaku Sushi, Waikiki!
- 15% Off kayak rentals from Kailua Beach Adventures with code "Kailua"
- "GUARANTEED" Dolphin Tour with Snorkeling Na Pali
- Kauai Sea Tours takes you to remote beaches others cannot!
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
More Activities You Might Like
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…