Water Activities on Kauai
If you’re looking for water activities on Kauai, your options will depend on what time of year it is. During the summer months, Kauai’s North Shore is definitely the place to be. The waters are calm and boast excellent snorkeling and diving locations. Summer on the North Shore is also a great place for kayaking. Dolphins, monk seals and honu (turtles) are frequently spotted. Kayak the bays or tackle the arduous but grand Nā Pali coast. Hanalei Bay is fun for surfing and standup paddle boarding; the waves perfect for long boarding. Come winter, however, everything changes. When the winter swells roll in, the pros take over the local surf spots. The giant waves wash the sand out and change the faces of the beaches. Conditions can be dangerous, and only seasoned watermen (and women) should be out at the breaks.
During the winter on Kauai, visit the sunny South Shore at Poipu. The conditions here are fairly consistent year round, without the dangerous winter swells. Great for swimming and standup paddle boarding (and even snorkeling and surfing depending where you are), the South Shore is known for its beautiful white sand and pretty sunsets. Read more
Featured Water Activities
Professional Archaeologist guides you through the past on the south shore of Kauai.
Perfect for those seeking a unique Hawaiian horseback riding experience on Kauai.
Stop along your ATV tour and see where scenes were filmed from Jurassic Park.
Enjoy the historic landscape with photos of famous movie locations such as Jurassic Park
- Emperor’s Emporium offers the largest selection of island inspired jewelry, clothing, gifts and souvenirs. Visit us in Old Koloa Town, Kauai!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- 10% Off: Tour 50 acres of rare & endangered tropical plants
- $999 & up - 6-Night Big Island & Kauai Vacation w/Air & Hotels
- Book 7 nights or more and receive 10% off your entire stay! Offer valid for stays completed by December 22, 2017 at Hotel Coral Reef!
- Ride Kauai’s longest zipline for $139
- Only One Luxury 1-Bedroom Condo at Ka Malanai in Kailua Left
- Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Bottle of Champagne
- Save 20%! Pre-purchase breakfast at Royal Kona Resort
- BOOK NOW - Kohala Divers Daily Two-Tank Dive Trip - $149
- $25 heirloom sugar cane rum tasting tour - BOOK NOW!
- Magical setting at Kanaloa at Kona by Outrigger from $129/nt
- Visit Pearl Harbor from a neighbor island: $429.99+
- Royal Lahaina Resort’s Myths of Maui Luau Special: $98pp
- Private customized adventures on the magical Island of Oahu!
More Water Activities
Kayak the Na Pali Coast, The Mount Everest of Sea Kayaking
For some water sports enthusiasts, Kauai’s Na Pali coast is…