- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Ziplines on Kauai: A Definitive Guide to Kauai Ziplining
Soar above Kaua‘i’s rich forest tapestry and gain a new perspective of the island on a guided zipline tour. This outdoor adventure might put knots in your belly but “zipping” along a steel cable is much more gentle than you’d imagine. Experienced guides safely harness you into a seated position and send you gliding along several pulley systems of varying lengths that feel less like a roller coaster and more like a giant swing set. It’s a family friendly journey that offers unique panoramic views of the Garden Isle and, best of all, it’s fun.
A handful of companies offer Kauai zipline tours. Selecting one largely depends on what region of the island you’d like to explore. Princeville Ranch Adventures, located on the North Shore, for example, provides vistas of lush rainforests and majestic mountains. What also sets this tour apart is its grand finale zipline called “King Kong” where you cruise side by side with someone 1,200 feet in the air.
On the opposite side of the island in Koloa, you can zip from one Norfolk pine to another in the only exclusive treetop zipline tour on Kaua‘i. Instead of climbing from the ground up to access the ziplines, you glide from tree to tree remaining high among the dense canopy, feeling every bit like a bird with South Shore mountains in your periphery.
An added bonus of many of these tours is that you not only get to learn the historical and ecological backgrounds of the places you visit, they often include other activities like waterfall explorations, dips in fresh water pools and picnics. This is also your chance to see parts of Kaua‘i that are otherwise inaccessible as they are located on privately owned land.
An age minimum of about 9 or 10 years is required and everyone must weigh between roughly 70 and 250 pounds. Make sure to wear close toed shoes and long shorts or pants to protect your skin. Since these tours usually proceed rain or shine, pack some weather resistant gear just in case.
Fly like a bird on one of these exhilarating, albeit laid-back zipline tours, and get acquainted with a part of Kaua‘i that few are lucky to have as much fun experiencing.
- Aloha Hawaiian Vacations’ Original All-Inclusive Packages from $970 per person including Hotel, Transfers, Breakfasts, Most Meals & Activities
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour 2021 departures starting at $2,099! SAVE $500 per couple. Visit 4 islands in 12 days with an extended stay on Oahu.
- Old Lāhainā Lūʻau - Maui's Best Luau - BOOK NOW
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $909
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,029
- Stop by Rainbow Drive-in for Hawaii’s comfort food, the plate lunch.
- From $79 - Whales Guaranteed Sail (Seasonal)
- From $779 - 6-Nt. Big Island & Maui Package w/Air & Hotels
- $899 & up -- Hawaii: Beach & Volcano 8-Nights w/Air & Car
- 7-Day Hawaiian Escape from $999 in 2021! SAVE $500 per couple!
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- From $1,099 - Oahu, Kona & Hilo 6-Nt Island-Hop Adventure
- From $1,199 - Oahu, Kauai, Maui & Big Island 8-Nts. w/Air
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- From $129 - Dolphins Guaranteed Sail in West Oahu