- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Ziplines on Kauai: A Definitive Guide to Kauai Ziplining
Soar above Kaua‘i’s rich forest tapestry and gain a new perspective of the island on a guided zipline tour. This outdoor adventure might put knots in your belly but “zipping” along a steel cable is much more gentle than you’d imagine. Experienced guides safely harness you into a seated position and send you gliding along several pulley systems of varying lengths that feel less like a roller coaster and more like a giant swing set. It’s a family friendly journey that offers unique panoramic views of the Garden Isle and, best of all, it’s fun.
A handful of companies offer Kauai zipline tours. Selecting one largely depends on what region of the island you’d like to explore. Princeville Ranch Adventures, located on the North Shore, for example, provides vistas of lush rainforests and majestic mountains. What also sets this tour apart is its grand finale zipline called “King Kong” where you cruise side by side with someone 1,200 feet in the air.
On the opposite side of the island in Koloa, you can zip from one Norfolk pine to another in the only exclusive treetop zipline tour on Kaua‘i. Instead of climbing from the ground up to access the ziplines, you glide from tree to tree remaining high among the dense canopy, feeling every bit like a bird with South Shore mountains in your periphery.
An added bonus of many of these tours is that you not only get to learn the historical and ecological backgrounds of the places you visit, they often include other activities like waterfall explorations, dips in fresh water pools and picnics. This is also your chance to see parts of Kaua‘i that are otherwise inaccessible as they are located on privately owned land.
An age minimum of about 9 or 10 years is required and everyone must weigh between roughly 70 and 250 pounds. Make sure to wear close toed shoes and long shorts or pants to protect your skin. Since these tours usually proceed rain or shine, pack some weather resistant gear just in case.
Fly like a bird on one of these exhilarating, albeit laid-back zipline tours, and get acquainted with a part of Kaua‘i that few are lucky to have as much fun experiencing.
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- 6-night multi-island adventures, starting from $919. Visit Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Incredible customer service and the savings to match. Save on Everyday Low Rates. We’ll Pick you Up®
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Oahu & Kauai Island-Hopping with Air & Room, from $809. for 6 nights
- Join Haleiwa Shark Tours for an unforgettable experience.
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Enjoy brunch specials at world-famous Wolfgang's Steakhouse
- Take an Unforgettable Dolphin Tour in Oahu with Dolphin Excursions
- Ali'i Kayaks – the best way to explore Wailua River
- Find your perfect vacation home in Kona from $89/night!
- From $1,099 - Big Island, Kauai & Maui 6-Nts. w/Air & Hotels
- Save up to 15% on your Kauai Vacation Condo!
- $899 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- Kauai Condo/Car Packages from as low as $142/nt.