- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Walking Tours on Kauai
A leisurely stroll on Kaua‘i might not be on your vacation radar. Why walk when you can zip-line, surf or kayak, just to name a few of the island’s most exciting adventures? But here’s why you should: Walking tours give you an opportunity to slow down — you are on vacation, after all. Plus, you learn from knowledgeable guides and gain insight about different aspects of the island.
On the west side, for example, is a three-hour walking tour in Waimea where you’ll learn historical facts like where Captain Cook first made contact with the Hawaiian Islands. The tour, based on donations, is conducted by the West Kaua‘i Visitor Center and launches every Monday at 8:30 a.m. It’s a perfect stop before making your way to Waimea Canyon State Park.
The National Tropical Botanical Garden, a nonprofit dedicated toward the preservation of native flora, also has walking tours at all three of its locations on the island. You’ll have the opportunity to fully immerse in nature either on guided or self-guided tours. Allerton and McBryde Gardens are both located on the south shore and Limahuli Garden and Preserve is in Ha‘ena on the north shore.
Coffee connoisseurs will love the walking tour at Kaua‘i Coffee Company where they can sip many flavorful brews created on site and learn how they’re made. The best part about these tours is they’re free of charge and happen regularly throughout the day during the business’ operating hours.
Foodies will love Tasting Kaua‘i. These food tours offer an east side walkable journey that lets you explore a local farm in Kealia and taste its seasonal produce. From there, you’ll visit different eateries along the Royal Coconut Coast where you taste some of the chefs’ most divine dishes. The tours occur every Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. and are a great way to indulge while working off some extra calories at the same time.
Walking Tours Directory
Self-guided day trip packages available from Maui, Kauai and Big Island. Includes flight, car and Arizona Memorial.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
Reserve Kauai Sea Tours Catamaran or Raft adventure to encounter Dolphins & Whalewatch (Dec-March)
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $859
- Hawaiian Islands Cruise & Tour – SAVE $900 per couple on Aug 4 departure! 12 days and 4 islands starting at $2,299!
- Island Helicopters offers unique tours around this tropical paradise; including one of Hawaii’s most elite tours, the Jurassic Falls Landing Adventure
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation with Hawaii.com!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Book Your Family Cruise Vacation!
- Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Boat from just $140 including Lunch!
- 15% Off kayak rentals from Kailua Beach Adventures with code "Kailua"
- Adventure Starts Here! Northshore Zipline Maui - $119/person
- Popular Pearl Harbors from $97.99 - BOOK NOW!
- Experience Scuba diving with Trident Adventures from $129. Book now!
- Visit Maui Ocean Center! Passes start at $29.95 per adult
- Enjoy award-winning wine selections at IL Lupino
- Plan for your 2020 Maui Vacation
- Only Island Helicopters can land you at Jurassic Falls.