- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Walking Tours on Kauai
A leisurely stroll on Kaua‘i might not be on your vacation radar. Why walk when you can zip-line, surf or kayak, just to name a few of the island’s most exciting adventures? But here’s why you should: Walking tours give you an opportunity to slow down — you are on vacation, after all. Plus, you learn from knowledgeable guides and gain insight about different aspects of the island.
On the west side, for example, is a three-hour walking tour in Waimea where you’ll learn historical facts like where Captain Cook first made contact with the Hawaiian Islands. The tour, based on donations, is conducted by the West Kaua‘i Visitor Center and launches every Monday at 8:30 a.m. It’s a perfect stop before making your way to Waimea Canyon State Park.
The National Tropical Botanical Garden, a nonprofit dedicated toward the preservation of native flora, also has walking tours at all three of its locations on the island. You’ll have the opportunity to fully immerse in nature either on guided or self-guided tours. Allerton and McBryde Gardens are both located on the south shore and Limahuli Garden and Preserve is in Ha‘ena on the north shore.
Coffee connoisseurs will love the walking tour at Kaua‘i Coffee Company where they can sip many flavorful brews created on site and learn how they’re made. The best part about these tours is they’re free of charge and happen regularly throughout the day during the business’ operating hours.
Foodies will love Tasting Kaua‘i. These food tours offer an east side walkable journey that lets you explore a local farm in Kealia and taste its seasonal produce. From there, you’ll visit different eateries along the Royal Coconut Coast where you taste some of the chefs’ most divine dishes. The tours occur every Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. and are a great way to indulge while working off some extra calories at the same time.
Walking Tours Directory
- Enjoy discounted rates: Use the easy check-in kiosk at Alamo when you arrive at your destination. Drive Happy®
- 6-night Big Island & Kauai island-hopping adventure, starting from $969
- Visiting Hawaii is easy in a rental car from Alamo®. Minivans, economy cars, SUV's and more, Alamo has the rental car for your visit to Hawaii.
- Oahu, Kauai, and Big Island multi-island adventures! 6-night packages from $1,099
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by "It's A Hawaii Thing" Hosts. FREE SHIPPING.
- WAIKIKI ESCAPE Save up to 20% when you stay 3 or more nights
- Get low prices everyday with Alamo® in Hawaii.
- Visit Giovanni's, the North Shore Oahu's best shrimp truck!
- From $929 - Oahu & Kauai, 6-Nt Multi-Island Adventure
- $959 & up - 6-Nt Island-hop Trip; see the Big Island & Oahu
- Buy One, Get One Free on Kaka’ako Kasuals Kewalos Reef Walker Line (Use Code: BOGOKEWALOS)
- From $89 - Waikiki Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- $829 & up - 6-Nt. Maui & Kauai Island-Hopping Trip w/Air
- From $719 - Oahu 6-Nt. Romantic Holiday w/Air & Hotels
- Must Try Snacks. Hand Picked by "It's A Hawaii Thing" Hosts.