- Boating & Sailing
- Dolphin Encounters
- Scuba Diving
- Water Sports
- Whale Watching
Walking Tours on Kauai
A leisurely stroll on Kaua‘i might not be on your vacation radar. Why walk when you can zip-line, surf or kayak, just to name a few of the island’s most exciting adventures? But here’s why you should: Walking tours give you an opportunity to slow down — you are on vacation, after all. Plus, you learn from knowledgeable guides and gain insight about different aspects of the island.
On the west side, for example, is a three-hour walking tour in Waimea where you’ll learn historical facts like where Captain Cook first made contact with the Hawaiian Islands. The tour, based on donations, is conducted by the West Kaua‘i Visitor Center and launches every Monday at 8:30 a.m. It’s a perfect stop before making your way to Waimea Canyon State Park.
The National Tropical Botanical Garden, a nonprofit dedicated toward the preservation of native flora, also has walking tours at all three of its locations on the island. You’ll have the opportunity to fully immerse in nature either on guided or self-guided tours. Allerton and McBryde Gardens are both located on the south shore and Limahuli Garden and Preserve is in Ha‘ena on the north shore.
Coffee connoisseurs will love the walking tour at Kaua‘i Coffee Company where they can sip many flavorful brews created on site and learn how they’re made. The best part about these tours is they’re free of charge and happen regularly throughout the day during the business’ operating hours.
Foodies will love Tasting Kaua‘i. These food tours offer an east side walkable journey that lets you explore a local farm in Kealia and taste its seasonal produce. From there, you’ll visit different eateries along the Royal Coconut Coast where you taste some of the chefs’ most divine dishes. The tours occur every Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. and are a great way to indulge while working off some extra calories at the same time.
Walking Tours Directory
Ho‘opulapula Haraguchi Rice Mill
ATTENTION: SEVERE FLOODING Please pray for everyone affected by the…
Visit Pearl Harbor and take a tour of Oahu Island. Flight/transport included.
Visit Pearl Harbor and tour Oahu on a self-guided day trip. Flight/car rental included.
Kauai Sea Tours will make it the Best Day of your vacation! Reserve now!
"Guaranteed" dolphin sighting plus snorkeling tour along Kauai's famous Na Pali Coast. $10 off early online bookings.
- Ultimate Hawaii 4 Island escorted tour - 13 Days now from only $1,899! SAVE $900 per couple on select departures! Inter-island flights included.
- One-Day Neighbor Island Tours from Honolulu - Maui, Kauai or the Big Isle!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Enterprise makes it easy to explore the island
- Island-hopping 6-night adventure, Maui and Kauai, from $1,019
- Volunteer your time and services and join in fun and impactful activities at low or no cost - a service of travel2change, a progressive non-profit.
- Paradise Eco-Adventures - Maui Zipline Adventure from $49.95
- Fly through time and space at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center!
- Royal Lahaina Honeymoon/Anniversary Special - FREE Portrait
- Alamo Rent-A-Car: Get great prices
- From $89- West Oahu Sunset Sail with Hawaii Nautical
- Exclusive Oahu Farm to Fork to Forest experience! From $170.
- Kids ride free with adult purchase on a submarine adventure!
- Hawaii's best wild life & wild animal park! Admission $39.99
- Save 10% on Maui Molokini & Turtle Arches Snorkel tour
- Big Wave Dave: Waikiki's best surfing lessons & local coffee